What's new

Most loyalist friendly characters.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Gentlemen, please. As enthralling as the character is, she isn't the only one mentioned. No one wishes to discuss the others?

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Flash can't be counter picked. The best you can do is switch from a MU that is in Flash's favor to a MU that is even. I know some people think Flash has bad MUs and while I disagree, even if it is true, it would be no worse than a 4-6 which is always winable. There's a reason Flash loyalists never feel the need to have an alt for tournaments. I've made 3 US top 8s with going 100% Flash.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Be aware that if you main Killer Frost, you'll sometimes lose simply because your random slides didn't hit. Cool, reliable character. I hope you enjoy rolling dice even at neutral. Also, Wonder Woman bodies her free.

Isn't it also kind of funny that all of the Killer Frost players policing the forum don't go to tournaments, or even play the game in most cases? If you're so confident in your character it seems like you'd want to show us all how good she is.
Be aware that if you main Killer Frost, you'll sometimes lose simply because your random slides didn't hit. Cool, reliable character.
main Killer Frost........Cool, reliable
Killer Frost...Cool

Fuck you.

I see your game.

I'm not playing it buddy.

Jk

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
If you ever wanna play this offline, please let me know :).

We've discussed this before, the reasoning for it being even is Killer Frost's comeback factor, parry etc unless there's some groundbreaking new tech/reason you've discovered, I do not see it, but I'm open to listening.

Either way, this reasoning is pretty weak when you consider that Hawkgirl's core design is an inherent counter to Killer Frost's design. Hawkgirl does not care about your zoning, has generally superior normals, great air control on the ground and her options for post blocked slide are ridiculously simple that it should be criminal. Your character lacks air control and I have one of the most mobile characters in the game, who Killer Frost cannot contain in any notable way that would make it come off as closer to even.

If Killer Frost players hate jump back, they should definitely hate "lol I'm just gonna fly away and chuck maces, see you in Spring time Felicia"

Oh you....almost feel sorry for ya.
Oh yeah, always down to play offline since online in this game is pretty much a mess. I don't hate jump back and I am a Killer Frost player, not sure the point of that generalization. I agree if anyone wins the MU that HG definitely does. This is nothing new, I have been saying this since I went to UFGT in 2013 after the game launched. To me, KF's most annoying MUs are probably Cyborg and MMH. I understand that HG's air control is a huge asset in the MU, but I think KF wins this MU up close and in the oki game. I agree her zoning is useless, but that is not hurting Frost much because at full screen both characters have basically zero to fear from one another... and it is the Frost player's job to understand how to scout out the Hawkgirl player's movement and get in/space her out/whiff punish etc....much in the same way that a rushdown character does against a zoner. KF's defensive options are not to be disregarded in this MU. Many of HG's typically followups force her to respect a parry when if landed leads to roughly 40% life and an unfavorable oki scenario IMO.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
My list would be:
MMH
AM
Zod
Batgirl
Flash
Deathstroke
Superman
Doomsday
Wonderwoman
Blackadam
Sinestro
Potentially Bane. I don't think all of his match ups have been fully grinded out.

I believe none of these characters lose a MU 3-7 or worse making them fully viable

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I think people are just trolling now. Killer Frost is one of the least counter pickable characters in the sense that your main already beats her so changing would be pointless

Be aware that if you main Killer Frost, you'll sometimes lose simply because your random slides didn't hit. Cool, reliable character. I hope you enjoy rolling dice even at neutral. Also, Wonder Woman bodies her free.

Isn't it also kind of funny that all of the Killer Frost players policing the forum don't go to tournaments, or even play the game in most cases? If you're so confident in your character it seems like you'd want to show us all how good she is.

The number of people that didn't believe the misinformation spewing out of the Killer Frost forum could be counted on one hand. Everyone blows them up now but you were all putty in their hands

Last edited:

Rickyraws

Hawkgirl is the queen of being physically in the air, but not necessarily pressuring from air space to ground space. Her main forms of pressure come from ground level aerial stuff like Wing Evade 3 and Mace Charge.

Like what if a Wonder Woman starts air dashing over your zoning and J3ing you? What if Superman starts shooting Air Lasers at you all day?

Even on top of that, how is KF supposed to get in on someone like Aquaman if he has the life lead? She sure as hell can't use that floaty jump, and she has no footsies options aside from random slide, which still loses to a well timed B12, or gives him a free B12 Trident Rush on block? Assuming he doesn't MB B3 it of course.
Against Wonder Woman, MBF3 is an excellent anti air against a constantly J3ing player. Unless spaced out a little aways, it will be anti aired or at the very least in my experience, trip guarded. It's still a recommended approach with WW because you can also bait it out/demigodess at a height that may not be punishable. Plus j3 is just good in general. When you say dash over our zoning, you mean air dash, right? An air dash into demigodess won't catch a Frost throwing daggers from full screen outside of a read. I don't typically zone Wonder Woman exclusively. But should I, I do so from full screen. You're right mid screen daggers can be blow up by her great mobility AND she can also low profile. Which is why daggers against such an agile character is a no no up close or mid range. Other than characters like Lex, I don't think Frost completely zones out anyone. Most, I would hope, simply spam daggers to gain meter for a MBF3. It crushed Lex's axe and Catwoman's J2. It can beat out Deathstroke and Batman's airs as well, but d2 is usually preferred. I agree most Frost believe "lol I win because you have overheads therefore parry" but the WW MU IMO isn't a parry based MU like Doomsday in the slightest.

Aquaman is a very fun MU because few people realize it's actually an incredibly lifelead based match. Theo is one of the few who played it perfectly: If I have a life lead, I'm running. You can imagine Aquaman's options to catch me full screen. If he has the lifelead, he's be smart to run and try to scare me off with b1. You can imagine, as you have, the unsafe ways I have to catch him.

Frost also doesn't have footsie tools in the traditional sense as you mentioned. Jumping with her floating jump is stupid in some cases (also WW's d2) and even her dash isn't the greatest. But she is a reactive, if not defensive vortex character. This makes MUs, when played right, remain competitive and handle able. She's got weaknesses sure, as I'm sure Batgirl, Aquaman and Deathstroke do. More even. But like them, she doesn't really have death match ups. That's what I was trying to get at, but perhaps didn't explicate in the clearest manner.

The WW and Aquaman match ups are very fun. Not as fun as Doomsday on Batcave though
:DOGE

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Maybe the truth is that Killer Frost players don't want to waste $300 trip for a tournament only to likely lose with her obvious problems

How exactly does Killer Frost open up characters in general?

Slide, Iceberg and Daggers can be jumped over.

If Iceberg functioned the same properties as Aquaman's From The Deep, I can see that but unfortunately it doesn't.

She can't handle jump backs especially air characters that avoid her massively the entire match like Black Adam bunny hopper

B1 isn't great compared to Batgirl's B1 as a footsie tool

Killer Frost's F3 is probably the best in the game and great as anti-air but can be avoided

Her MB Parry if she is successful at a read but if she whiffs it she exposed herself for free punish

She will very likely lose all the air to airs since her jump normals are all slow compared to other's like Lobo J1 or Superman J1 faster ones

No interactable control especially from power characters who can throw stuff at her, she either back dash or MB B3 to take damage reduction

She lacks air control and her jump normals are sloppy like how does she catch a character like Hawkgirl who is evasive the entire time

There hasn't been any Killer Frost players active in the tournament scene to keep up with the meta either

While it is true that she has the comeback factor with her 50/50 vortex, there will be situations where she will hang herself lifelead deficit

Her Air Dash is completely useless since her Trait Cancel pre-patch was nerfed to the ground

In frequent circumstances regarding her blocked Slide she will get the short end of the straw, sliding into armored Bane and his D1 for example

Maybe Killer Frost isn't mid tier character but probably the higher end of the low tier like Catwoman, Shazam and Grundy

She also suffers from bad match ups in that same category Martian Manhunter, Cyborg, Hawkgirl, Black Adam, Superman, Wonder Woman, Bane

That of a speculation does she defeat Doomsday? It has not yet been proven at top level maybe in fact it could be solid 5-5 match up

The real question is if you decide to pick up Killer Frost would you shell out $$$ expenses to travel to tournaments with her only character lock?

I like Killer Frost she is an interesting character to me and Batman: Assault on Arkham was bad ass. She is a COOL character :cool:

She has real problems and yet no one has seem to overcome the extreme obvious. With the right brackets she can make Top 8 at a stacked major!
Killer Frost's d2 as AA works just fine. What does that mean, "can be avoided?" Any move can be avoided if you make the correct read. That's not a talking point. All this talk about her zoning being bad is ridiculous. Her daggers are only -3 on block and the iceberg tracks. If she's spaced correctly, she can combo off of the iceberg with slide. Maybe it's just me coming from the point of playing a character that has to deal with her zoning, but its fine.

Killer Frost isn't a rushdown character. She zones and whiff punishes. The whiff punishing in particular being very, very solid.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I think Injustice at this point in the game's life has proven to be a game that contains characters with minimal bad match ups, or match ups that aren't so bad that they warrant an alt. While some of the lower tier characters are hype, most can be given a healthy dose of trouble by pocket alts simply because the match up is heavily in their opponent's favor. That's not to say you can't be a loyalist with any character and overcome whatever opponent dares to defy your wrath. But here are (in my finalized opinion) the least counter pick able characters:

Deathstroke
Martian Manhunter
Killer Frost
Aquaman

Because of Sinestro and Martian, a top tier character like Zod can be counter picked in tournament with pocket characters and Aquaman singlehandedly renders Batman, an otherwise perfect candidate for a loyalist character due to his versatility, counter pick fodder.

Batgirl's success at the hand of @SonicFox5000 may indicate that she cannot be stopped, but MU wise, I'm not sure, I think she's got some problem MUs. I could be mistaken.

Flash has a lot of tech and crazy set ups that make him a joy to watch, but this may also mask issues that aren't visibly apparent with his MUs because of his damage and shenanigans.
@Zyphox @HoneyBee

Batgirl and Flash could be added to the list, and probably should be, but I don't feel I know enough in that department.

Masochist tier:

Green Arrow
Scorpion

No cigar tier:

Zod
Doomsday
Bane
Black Adam
Wonder Woman

What does no cigar mean?

coolwhip

Noob
Aquaman, Batgirl, MMH, Superman, Flash and, had it not been for Aquaman, Batman. I mean if we're going to nitpick, everyone has a losing match-up, probably. I'd maybe add Deathstroke to that list.

Rickyraws

Aquaman, Batgirl, MMH, Superman, Flash and, had it not been for Aquaman, Batman. I mean if we're going to nitpick, everyone has a losing match-up, probably. I'd maybe add Deathstroke to that list.
I'd add deathstroke, doomsday, and superman
Deathstroke is on the top of the list. And Coolwhip you almost mirrored exactly what I said about Batman. Hm, maybe I need to re read the OP but I could have sworn I said all those listed have bad MUs. The point is that they don't have death match ups, making them pretty loyalist friendly.

@Vagrant
I've always been curious, as no one character comes to mind that seems able to shut his options down, but what would you say, in your opinion or experience, is Deathstroke's worst MU?

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
Deathstroke is on the top of the list. And Coolwhip you almost mirrored exactly what I said about Batman. Hm, maybe I need to re read the OP but I could have sworn I said all those listed have bad MUs. The point is that they don't have death match ups, making them pretty loyalist friendly.

@Vagrant
I've always been curious, as no one character comes to mind that seems able to shut his options down, but what would you say, in your opinion or experience, is Deathstroke's worst MU?
Like I have time to read your OP's :DOGE

Vagrant

Noob
@Vagrant
I guess flash. It's only a 4-6 though. I've been thinking Wonder Woman might give him some trouble too.

There's always reads to make in the meta that he can capitalize off of. Where I think he runs into some trouble is matching the damage output of his opponents after a correct read.

Rickyraws

I guess flash. It's only a 4-6 though. I've been thinking Wonder Woman might give him some trouble too.

There's always reads to make in the meta that he can capitalize off of. Where I think he runs into some trouble is matching the damage output of his opponents after a correct read.
Ah I suppose I can see Flash. Even then, like you said, it's not a crippling MU. I believe Deathstroke is truly an all around character. High salt levels, zoning, up close game, footsies, 50/50s, anti airs and good punish tools.

I don't know which is worse:
Being at 5-10% health with no wager left and you're full screen against:
Deathstroke
Martian
Sinestro
Aquaman

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

that seems like a hard 4-6 don't you think? what do you think @HoneyBee ? i think flash is a solid counter to DS and disqualifies him from this list tbh, but its just my opinion.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
that seems like a hard 4-6 don't you think? what do you think @HoneyBee ? i think flash is a solid counter to DS and disqualifies him from this list tbh, but its just my opinion.
I think it's a debatable 6-4 or 7-3, I haven't played enough top deathstrokes offline to make a definite number.