What's new

Most loyalist friendly characters.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I think Injustice at this point in the game's life has proven to be a game that contains characters with minimal bad match ups, or match ups that aren't so bad that they warrant an alt. While some of the lower tier characters are hype, most can be given a healthy dose of trouble by pocket alts simply because the match up is heavily in their opponent's favor. That's not to say you can't be a loyalist with any character and overcome whatever opponent dares to defy your wrath. But here are (in my finalized opinion) the least counter pick able characters:

Deathstroke
Martian Manhunter
Killer Frost
Aquaman

Because of Sinestro and Martian, a top tier character like Zod can be counter picked in tournament with pocket characters and Aquaman singlehandedly renders Batman, an otherwise perfect candidate for a loyalist character due to his versatility, counter pick fodder.

Batgirl's success at the hand of @SonicFox5000 may indicate that she cannot be stopped, but MU wise, I'm not sure, I think she's got some problem MUs. I could be mistaken.

Flash has a lot of tech and crazy set ups that make him a joy to watch, but this may also mask issues that aren't visibly apparent with his MUs because of his damage and shenanigans.
@Zyphox @HoneyBee

Batgirl and Flash could be added to the list, and probably should be, but I don't feel I know enough in that department.

Masochist tier:

Green Arrow
Scorpion

No cigar tier:

Zod
Doomsday
Bane
Black Adam
Wonder Woman
Superman(Added to list)

Last edited:

Rickyraws

Zod only loses to Martian
Sinestro only loses to Martian/Aquaman
Batgirl probably doesn't lose to anyone
Flash probably doesn't lose to anyone

These are characters that could easily be added to the list
Zod losing to just Martian would make him a perfect loyalist. Problem is, apparently he loses a little too badly to Martian
@General M2Dave

Which would make him a perfect counterpickable character since Martian is Martian.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Yeah...I'm a Green Arrow fan for life and even that didn't help me wanna play him as he slowly became less and less viable.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Hawkgirl is arguably Queen of the air, yet she can't stop her.
Hawkgirl is the queen of being physically in the air, but not necessarily pressuring from air space to ground space. Her main forms of pressure come from ground level aerial stuff like Wing Evade 3 and Mace Charge.

Like what if a Wonder Woman starts air dashing over your zoning and J3ing you? What if Superman starts shooting Air Lasers at you all day?

Even on top of that, how is KF supposed to get in on someone like Aquaman if he has the life lead? She sure as hell can't use that floaty jump, and she has no footsies options aside from random slide, which still loses to a well timed B12, or gives him a free B12 Trident Rush on block? Assuming he doesn't MB B3 it of course.

Rickyraws

Joker. Props when you win and nothing to lose when you don't.
Great fucking point.
It's at least 6-4 in Hawkgirl's favor, it's definitely not even Steven Seagal.
This statement is subliminally racist.

Steven Segal is obviously a cover to what you ACTUALLY wanted to say (Steven Spielberg) but then you realized that Frost has an Iceberg, which sank the titanic. So you prioritize omitting anything remotely close to iceberg (Spielberg) and further enforce the anti Semitic connotations of the reply. What more could be expected from a Hawkgirl player? I'm telling.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Be aware that if you main Killer Frost, you'll sometimes lose simply because your random slides didn't hit. Cool, reliable character. I hope you enjoy rolling dice even at neutral. Also, Wonder Woman bodies her free.

Isn't it also kind of funny that all of the Killer Frost players policing the forum don't go to tournaments, or even play the game in most cases? If you're so confident in your character it seems like you'd want to show us all how good she is.

Last edited:

Rickyraws

Also, Wonder Woman bodies her free.

All in all, I believe Deathstroke, Frost, MMH and Aquaman, and probably Flash and Batgirl are all characters that aren't crippled if one decides to use them and only them for the lifetime of the game.

Rickyraws

Isn't it also kind of funny that all of the Killer Frost players policing the forum don't go to tournaments, or even play the game in most cases? If you're so confident in your character it seems like you'd want to show us all how good she is.
This isn't about Frost being some super secret top tier character than only a few chosen wise men have the power to wield. Shazam and Nightwing are more common in tournament than Frost. Few, if any even post on her character forum any more. But with such a lack of showing and tournament activity, an obscure character is bound to have a fair share of misconceptions, even to this day. This is about that character, as well as a handful I reiterated, being pretty damn reliable 'loyalist friendly' characters. Haven't seen any activity on forums about Frost from Frost players at all let alone policing.

Espio

Kokomo
Newp, HG is pretty decent against Frost but I think the MU is pretty even.
If you ever wanna play this offline, please let me know :).

We've discussed this before, the reasoning for it being even is Killer Frost's comeback factor, parry etc unless there's some groundbreaking new tech/reason you've discovered, I do not see it, but I'm open to listening.

Either way, this reasoning is pretty weak when you consider that Hawkgirl's core design is an inherent counter to Killer Frost's design. Hawkgirl does not care about your zoning, has generally superior normals, great air control on the ground and her options for post blocked slide are ridiculously simple that it should be criminal. Your character lacks air control and I have one of the most mobile characters in the game, who Killer Frost cannot contain in any notable way that would make it come off as closer to even.

If Killer Frost players hate jump back, they should definitely hate "lol I'm just gonna fly away and chuck maces, see you in Spring time Felicia"

This statement is subliminally racist.

Steven Segal is obviously a cover to what you ACTUALLY wanted to say (Steven Spielberg) but then you realized that Frost has an Iceberg, which sank the titanic. So you prioritize omitting anything remotely close to iceberg (Spielberg) and further enforce the anti Semitic connotations of the reply. What more could be expected from a Hawkgirl player? I'm telling.
Oh you....almost feel sorry for ya.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Maybe the truth is that Killer Frost players don't want to waste $300 trip for a tournament only to likely lose with her obvious problems

How exactly does Killer Frost open up characters in general?

Slide, Iceberg and Daggers can be jumped over.

If Iceberg functioned the same properties as Aquaman's From The Deep, I can see that but unfortunately it doesn't.

She can't handle jump backs especially air characters that avoid her massively the entire match like Black Adam bunny hopper

B1 isn't great compared to Batgirl's B1 as a footsie tool

Killer Frost's F3 is probably the best in the game and great as anti-air but can be avoided

Her MB Parry if she is successful at a read but if she whiffs it she exposed herself for free punish

She will very likely lose all the air to airs since her jump normals are all slow compared to other's like Lobo J1 or Superman J1 faster ones

No interactable control especially from power characters who can throw stuff at her, she either back dash or MB B3 to take damage reduction

She lacks air control and her jump normals are sloppy like how does she catch a character like Hawkgirl who is evasive the entire time

There hasn't been any Killer Frost players active in the tournament scene to keep up with the meta either

While it is true that she has the comeback factor with her 50/50 vortex, there will be situations where she will hang herself lifelead deficit

Her Air Dash is completely useless since her Trait Cancel pre-patch was nerfed to the ground

In frequent circumstances regarding her blocked Slide she will get the short end of the straw, sliding into armored Bane and his D1 for example

Maybe Killer Frost isn't mid tier character but probably the higher end of the low tier like Catwoman, Shazam and Grundy

She also suffers from bad match ups in that same category Martian Manhunter, Cyborg, Hawkgirl, Black Adam, Superman, Wonder Woman, Bane

That of a speculation does she defeat Doomsday? It has not yet been proven at top level maybe in fact it could be solid 5-5 match up

The real question is if you decide to pick up Killer Frost would you shell out $$$ expenses to travel to tournaments with her only character lock?

I like Killer Frost she is an interesting character to me and Batman: Assault on Arkham was bad ass. She is a COOL character :cool:

She has real problems and yet no one has seem to overcome the extreme obvious. With the right brackets she can make Top 8 at a stacked major!