What's new

Mortal Kombat X Trailer nearing 3 Million views in less than 2 Days

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
  • It took a lot out of us to make this song. it was made solely for the game. i created the instrumental and watched the trailer and previous mk chapters before even recording .... yes I've been playing mk since forever and i do play at a higher level than most "rapper friends" (mk mk II mkvsdc mk9 injustice) but anyways we would like to thank nrs for even giving us this opportunity ... the marketing department is brilliant #whosnext
Respect...

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
You posted this in response to the original post:

I'm saying that it's the best response for anything on this forum.

I use it quite often myself.
Oh ok, I was thinking it was something else my bad lol. Yeah its like Sub-Zero is saying that in response of getting killed in the video.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
It is because of the marketing with Wiz Khalifa.

Wiz just dropped one of his most anticipated mixtapes last week and on the largest hip hop download/stream website Datpiff, already has 1.6 million views and 750k downloads. People loved all 28 tracks and wanted more. Guess what? The track in the MK trailer is NOT one of the 28 tracks in his mixtape. So if fans want to hear all of Wiz's new songs, they have to check out the trailer. They probably also thought it was cool and MK is nostalgia, so they told their friends. It also was controversial because putting any type of rap in video game trailers causes that, so people watched it to see what the hoopla was about. Snowball effect.

End of the day, several million people are aware that Mortal Kombat returns in 2015!

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
  • It took a lot out of us to make this song. It was made solely for the game. I created the instrumental and (me & wiz) Watched the trailer and previous mk chapters before even recording .... Yes I've been playing mk since forever and I do play at a higher level than most "rapper friends" (mk mk II mkvsdc mk9 injustice) but anyways we would like to thank WB for even giving us this opportunity ... the marketing department is brilliant !! #whosnext
holy shit that was you !!!! good stuff man major props

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Even if i didn't like the music, i have to hats off NRS, smart play on the marketing bussiness, i'm more pumped everyday for the reveals.

I've been on here since 2011 but i don't scream it tho haha
Yea man shout out to sledgren for real tho, dude don't be playing when it comes to this fighting game shit, he don't just play it to look good like some of these posers do, he actually in it to win it, I noticed your seriousness about fighting games a while back when I came across some of ur tweets discussing it. He a fool on them boards too, look forward to seeing u online and on the forums once MKX drops, hope ur spine is rdy! Lol IT HAAS BEGUUN!

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Man, NRS reeeaalllyy know how to market their games lol

Ed Boon is no question the smartest man in the FG industry. He outsells everyone for the most part.
Guess the song was in fact a smart decision

its was VERY smart for business.. Thats for sure.. I thought the song did absolutely nothing for the Video it was tied to BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT Wiz Khalifa has like 15 million followers on Twitter (nuff said)

MKX is going to out-sell MK9 and Injustice combined (it wont be close)