What's new

Mortal Kombat X Trailer nearing 3 Million views in less than 2 Days

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'm sure some of you have already noticed this, but the "Mortal Kombat X" trailer that was revealed yesterday morning just after 8AM CST already has close to 3 million views. Just to put this in to perspective, the Mortal Kombat (2011) trailer than NetherRealm Studios revealed back in 2010 as of today has less than 1 million views.

There are obviously many factors that come in to play here making NetherRealm Studios look what they really are, "best in class". From Mortal Kombat (2011) and NetherRealm Studios really joining the competitive scene with their Mortal Kombat reboot and on to Injustice: Gods Among Us... it's clear that they know what they're doing.

In addition to this, perhaps featuring artist "Wiz Khalifa" in the trailer was purely promotional genius? Regardless, whatever it takes to spread that word that Kombat Returns in 2015!

After less than two days...
Mortal Kombat X Trailer: 2,912,527 views
After 4 years...
Mortal Kombat (2011): 271,832 views

Lastly, if you're reading this and not a member of TYM - What are you waiting for? We don't bite, but we might kick your ass!

Attachments

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I honestly don't believe Wiz had anything to do with that, they could have put Depeche mode and still would have ridiculous views. I think the fact that MK 9 was so successful and this is next gen MK, and it just looks fucking awesome are the reasons :)

I also believe MK 9 grew and attracted MORE MK fans who may not have been before or newer kiddy poos who weren't exposed to the older games.

MK9 brought this franchise back from the dead, Good shit Netherrealms and Warner Bros.
Well, like they say. "When it comes to MK, nobody ever truly STAYS DEAD!" :)

Guess the song was in fact a smart decision

• It took a lot out of us to make this song. It was made solely for the game. I created the instrumental and (me & wiz) Watched the trailer and previous mk chapters before even recording .... Yes I've been playing mk since forever and I do play at a higher level than most "rapper friends" (mk mk II mkvsdc mk9 injustice) but anyways we would like to thank WB for even giving us this opportunity ... the marketing department is brilliant !! #whosnext

Last edited:

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
  • It took a lot out of us to make this song. it was made solely for the game. i created the instrumental and watched the trailer and previous mk chapters before even recording .... yes I've been playing mk since forever and i do play at a higher level than most "rapper friends" (mk mk II mkvsdc mk9 injustice) but anyways we would like thank nrs for even giving us this opportunity ... the marketing department is brilliant #whosnext
Niqqa is you Wiz Khalifa fo'realz?

• It took a lot out of us to make this song. it was made solely for the game. i created the instrumental and watched the trailer and previous mk chapters before even recording .... yes I've been playing mk since forever and i do play at a higher level than most "rapper friends" (mk mk II mkvsdc mk9 injustice) but anyways we would like to thank nrs for even giving us this opportunity ... the marketing department is brilliant #whosnext
Wow he posted, just goes to show you guys are genuine! Props!