What's new

"Mortal Kombat X" Reveal Trailer & Press Release! New Characters, New Game Modes and More Koming!

OG FROST HAZE

Sub swings from a tree and rips a branch off here comes boon and his interaction antics what's he got in store for us this time round?

astronout

see you at the top.
the music choice was a smart pick as it features a new song from Wiz Khalifa, an extremely successful cross-over rap artist. The song itself will garner attention from everyone in Wiz Khalifa's demographic (black and white, aged 15-30 men and women, essentially Mortal Kombat's demo) with a focus on attracting their less catered to demo (young women). WB and Netherrealm know that they already have the entire spectrum of the male demographic locked as indicated by the success of Mortal Kombat 9, so trying to reach young women with seemingly the most popular cross-over rap artist in recent time seems to be a smart decision marketing wise.

Last edited:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Yes, it was quite a bit of gameplay footage mixed with some cinemas. Has NO ONE actually watched the trailer. smh

There is not an ounce of gameplay in that trailer.
Its very easy to tell by how perfectly choreographed the fight is. Every hit perfectly lands on the body, they catch each others fists, the animation blending is absolutely perfect.

Its a CG trailer made to look like a MK fight, they made it authentic by having them actually use their signature moves and normal's from MK9.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Btw, the trailer was nice. Just hope its not gameplay since I noticed some really, really bad looking animations. Hype nontheless.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
This trailer could've had twinkle lil star or the ABCs as the fuckin song and yall wouldve been perfectly fine with it. The simple fact it was rap upsets you guys -_- smh. I don't discriminate against any music, but it seems like everybody hates and judges mine.
It's not rap as a whole..just that song specifically didn't fit.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Ok so, music isnt godlike, interactebles confirmed fuck plz dont need for mk, but i just want to say. NOOOOOOOO CANT WAIT 2015

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
There is not an ounce of gameplay in that trailer.
Its very easy to tell by how perfectly choreographed the fight is. Every hit perfectly lands on the body, they catch each others fists, the animation blending is absolutely perfect.

Its a CG trailer made to look like a MK fight, they made it authentic by having them actually use their signature moves and normal's from MK9.
It's ok to be wrong. No one puts Rathy in a corner.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

Ok now that I've cleaned all of the "Champagne" off of my keyboard, I'd like to go out on a limb and say that I for one thought the song was pretty sweet and went great with the flow of the fight. Although, granted, had I picked the music it would have been fudgin' metal, because I fudgin' love metal, and Mortal Kombat is Fudgin' Metal.
Also, I won't mind intractables or weapons in the game as long as they don't suck. Plus intractables can always be turned off, so they can't ruin the game.
And, lastly, #MoreTarkatans #MoreShokans #BuffBaraka #BuffOutworld #FudginMetal #ImNext
Even if they were turned off it wouldn't be the "standard." I do, however, agree with all your hashtags.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Looks great (LOVED the spear to the head!) but that music was an absolute abortion!!! I mean seriously....

I am damn excited though :)

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
I don't like how Jrs spreading a negative image about MKX regarding interactibles as if it's 100% confirmed, he's a great player but sometimes he needs to realize the influence he has on the FGC for NRS games. Shame on him. Just wait than make an educated opinion.

That's why you never assume anything, until proven otherwise.
I'm pretty sure he can say whatever the hell he wants man.