What's new

Mortal Kombat X Gameplay trailer from E3

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
also guys the big guy being in gives me hope for some other big uns ie , goro , motaro :cool:

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
NOTES:

1) Different size for each character (hitboxes)
2) STILL the "Shao Kahn" announcer? Isn't he dead? Isn't he old news already? Even if it's an MK trademark to have this deep voicer as the announcer, it's time for a change... Not to mention it sounds 95% like id did in MK9 (maybe they kept the "deleted scenes" from mk9?).
3) Because of the variations for each character (notice the 2 or different types of Subbies/Scorpies) , the game will most likely have a huge learning curve.
4) New awesome stages! Interactables too...
5) Hopefully, they WILL NOT SCREW UP the story. If they said "it's high time we made really-really brutal looking finishing moves" instead of the violent but humoristically graphic ones (not to mention repetitive, for example slicing, cutting in half diagonally or vertically etc...) then it's about time they made an even cooler story mode for this MK. The progress they made from MK VS DC's story mode to the one in MK9 was a huge leap. I'm asking for the same to be done in MKX for the game to compete with other (platform/horror/rpg) games as well, not only the fighters (I think MK has no opponent in the "best story in the fighting game industry" category ).

What do you think ?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I'm kind of disappointed actually...

+ New characters to work with
+ Some of the special moves look pretty cool
+ DID YOU SEE THOSE FATALITIES THOUGH, BRUUUUUUUTTTTTTAAAAAAAALLLLL
+ Good combo potential by the looks of it so far, I love me some combos

~ Varied versions of each character

- Graphics/textures are pretty underwhelming, hoping they get a bit better
- The Xrays looked better in the CGI trailer...I was hoping they'd look something close to that in the actual game but oh well
- The animations make the game look cartoony, they're weird
- Interactables (though they are blockable so I'll see how I feel closer to the time)
- Those 'Fight' and 'Finish Him' texts look weird also (though they'll probably update it closer to the time so I'm not too bothered about this)

--------- It's not Cuphead.

E

Eldriken

2) STILL the "Shao Kahn" announcer? Isn't he dead? Isn't he old news already? Even if it's an MK trademark to have this deep voicer as the announcer, it's time for a change... Not to mention it sounds 95% like id did in MK9 (maybe they kept the "deleted scenes" from mk9?).
The announcer in MK9 was the voice of Goro from the movie and it seems he's returning as the announcer for MKX.

when hodor and bronn chuck the corpse from the water at lady melisandre it appears to counter her projectile, i am wondering if that is a potential purpose for these.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
when hodor and bronn chuck the corpse from the water at lady melisandre it appears to counter her projectile, i am wondering if that is a potential purpose for these.
Bronn is Tyrion's sellsword. BRAN is the Stark boy that Hodor carries. Step your GoT game up, son.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Sub's mask is glowing in the tidbit where he gets hit by an x-ray

Also when the bug performs a fatality

Wonder what it means.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Hmmm.
-I like the game speed
-seems less "floaty" or "soft" like 9
-movement appears tighter.
-scorpion is badass
-new characters look pretty entertaining.
-looks to be a bit of a fusion between injustice and MK (could pull in both crowds if balanced between the two evenly)

-I'm kinda iffy about the injustice type lean but we'll see how it goes

Still excited for it. Gonna try to do it big this time :)

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
At first I was really disappointed, but when Boon and co. announced you can block interactables I was a little relieved. I would prefer them not at all, but if I can block them with barely any chip damage that is cool. Also, it should have a ridiculously slow start up to use them.

It seems like Injustice dash's are in the game mixed with a quicker walk speed. I'm actually really digging the Tusk character.

So from what I can see:

1) There is almost definitely a run button- each character cancels their run into a different move
2) Injustice style dashes (they can't be canceled) but they aren't terribly slow like in Injustice
3) MK-speed forward walk speed (yes!)
4) Looks like we will have true back-dashes in addition to the Injustice style forward dashes
5) Scorpion activate an ability that looks like his Injustice trait. Could indicate presence of trait button
6) During one of Scorpion's juggle's he did a short run after a launcher and canceled the run into another juggle attack. I believe the run will be used similarly to dashing between juggle hits of combos. Since the run can be canceled with an attack, but the injustice-style dashes cannot. So contrary to our beliefs of the run button previously, it looks like it will have depth.
7) Scorpion uses a stump like a spring-board to go over Subby's projectile and punish with a jump kick. I like how interactibles are being used creatively instead of just herp-derp chucking them like power characters in Injustice.
8) The spring-board interactible is also used by "lady bug". It looks like these environmental reusable interactibles will play a large role in the game. Stages play an important role as they do in Super Smash Bros.
9) It is EXTREMELY important to note that no interactibles used for agility purposes were also used for power purposes. I think this was done to address the issue where power characters would easily take away all the interactible options of acrobatic characters in injustice, such as superman immediately chucking the Chandelier at arkham to deny acrobatic characters their option to maneuver.

Catnip_Her0

Burn It Down
I think ps4 will be the lead console for mkx the same way Xbox is the lead for cod then ported to the other consoles. I hope they mention tourney and spectate mode today.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Guess call me a debbie downer but not much got me excited in this trailer. Scorpion has a fireball, plus spear, plus swamp hands and I would imagine a teleport.....thats madness lol

This reminded me of when they did the Injustice arena but at least in those they showcased combos, here we just got strings and some special moves. Dash blocking looks to be gone as I can't see why they'd have dashing, a run button and dash blocking all at once for movement.