What's new

Mortal Kombat X Gameplay trailer from E3

Sami

Noob
Not sure if this was posted yet (because fuck 18 pages) but does Sub Zero say "I'm tired of maintaining our innocence" at the start? Considering the eyes and ghostly appearence, could be a Old/Young Sub combined character...

When Injustice came out:

"Waaaahhh, looks like a re-skinned Mortal Kombat!"

When MKX gameplay is shown:

"Waaahh, looks like a re-skinned Injustice! It's not Mortal Kombat anymore!"

Ummm.... well if Injustice looked like Mortal Kombat, and Mortal Kombat X looks like Injustice, than doesn't that mean this does indeed look like a Mortal Kombat game?

ROtagaki

Praise the Sun! Hail Kotal Khan!
So... Tinkerbell and MasterBlaster are in the game. Who´s next?
So hype, I wanna know more!!!

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I have such ambiguous feelings about the game right now. The trailer was awesome, the game looks decent, but it's too dark. The gore is brutal, but holy shit it's gross. The new characters are generic - lady bug and big guy with midget on his back (don't lie to yourself, there's been a lot of characters like these), but they seem to bring more to MK playstyle, like a true grappler which MK never had. Also I don't like midgets with squicky voices. They remind me of annoying sidekicks and unserious characters. But I don't really care as long as I can spill it's guts out. But the gameplay looks awesome.
This one is very ambiguous.

Pearl Monnkey

Mountain Climber
Sindel would be a clever announcer, imo. Even though she has always been shit (as an actual fighter in the game), in the lore and story she is a huge fucking deal. I want an authoritative female announcer that sounds dark and scary.

So far Ed's tweet about the block button has renewed my soul. And yes....JADE!!!
Sindel was a beast in MK3/UMK3!!

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Gonna be hard to block an interactable laying on your back after a knockdown.

Just sayin.
Can't remember, is there like a diagonal interactable thrown in the trailer or is it all straight/horizontal? I think the barrel the insect lady throws is just straight... so maybe no OTGs?

Matix218

Get over here!
Run button in between juggles instead of dashing is interesting. Interactables blockable is great. Look and speed of the game look awesome. Im in.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
One core difference I saw in interactibles though...There were not a shitload of thrown, unblockable projectiles available or any that took up a third of the screen when used. Hell the one thrown thing I saw wasn't even on screen all the time. Guy had to camp midscreen to fish a body out the ocean to throw.

Interactibles are in but they look MUCH toned down so far. That is a good thing.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
NOTES:

1) Different size for each character (hitboxes)
2) STILL the "Shao Kahn" announcer? Isn't he dead? Isn't he old news already? Even if it's an MK trademark to have this deep voicer as the announcer, it's time for a change... Not to mention it sounds 95% like id did in MK9 (maybe they kept the "deleted scenes" from mk9?).
3) Because of the variations for each character (notice the 2 or different types of Subbies/Scorpies) , the game will most likely have a huge learning curve.
4) New awesome stages! Interactables too...
5) Hopefully, they WILL NOT SCREW UP the story. If they said "it's high time we made really-really brutal looking finishing moves" instead of the violent but humoristically graphic ones (not to mention repetitive, for example slicing, cutting in half diagonally or vertically etc...) then it's about time they made an even cooler story mode for this MK. The progress they made from MK VS DC's story mode to the one in MK9 was a huge leap. I'm asking for the same to be done in MKX for the game to compete with other (platform/horror/rpg) games as well, not only the fighters (I think MK has no opponent in the "best story in the fighting game industry" category ).

What do you think ?
1) Absolutely.
2) Do you want it to sound like Virtua Fighter's "Ready, go!"? Because I don't. Give me that badass voice forever, please, unless you want to change it for Lord Vader's or Alex Murphy's, which is always a good switch.
3) We should be able to play as well as we played Injustice or MK 9 in no time.
4) I'm with you on this one.
5) I don't really care about the story. Give me a good fighting game.

C-Sword

Noob
Remember when you had to play smart to get out of the corner if you didn't want to eat a neutral jump punch? Now, you can simply bounce off stuff and escape.