What's new

Mortal Kombat: Legacy Season 2 NOW LIVE!

NKZero

Noob
My only complaint is that they didn't really give themselves time to flesh out all the characters. Stryker made a cameo and had his little piece but we didn't see much behind him. Shang Tsung did nothing...Raiden did very little as well.

Otherwise it was very well done I thought...albeit a little short. Kitana/Mileena and Scorpion/Sub Zero stories were very good and I was surprised by Cage's performance in a positive way. Liu Kang is awesome with his dark-side transformation and Kung Lao was very well illustrated as well. My guess is that season 3 will really get into the tournament itself hopefully having covered the backstories of many of the characters.

Star of the whole thing was Kenshi by far. Dat 8 framezzz!!!

Really want season 3 now :).

Just finished watching.

It was.. alright. Honestly, I had way higher expectations. I think the key episodes that were the best were The Kenshi/Ermac ep, Sub/Scorp, and Mileena/Kitana. It just felt really rushed to be honest, it doesn't add up.

Overall I liked it but it could have been better. I liked Season 1 more, I felt the actors portrayed their parts better then they did on this season. Like Johnny Cage's episode from s1, that to me felt like yeah this perfectly describes Johnny.

Fangoria19

Groovy
The story telling overall was better than the last. They added more meat to the historys of Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Liu Kang than the games had and made them make more sense. Some of these episodes were less than 10 min. and all honesty they did a good job with small limited budget they had, but it just seemed like there no reason for anyone to be there besides Liu, Lao, Scorp, and SZ. Overall I found it enteraining, but it felt like it was too short and needed more time. I still say they go the route of doing a min-series for TV(like one of those HBO or Showtime series) to tell the proper story and be able go travel the depth they tried to aquire in this. You just cannot include taht much fluff into something so short.

I am intrested to see though what the feature film will be like, I like this darker grittier direction, just seems so much less campy and the fact they managed to squeeze some of the more iconic lines from the games in without making them so blatantly cheesy.
Def agree that an HBO series like the old mk conquest woulda been way better but unfortunately it will probably never happen again. Hopefully the movie will make up for the lack of depth, budget, and time the web series has. I think this is a good taste of things to come.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Why are you acting like I said it's the worst thing since Hitler?

All I said is that the entire thing feels weird, and they should have just released it as one video with some of the filler cut out.

ok we're freinds again <3

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Def agree that an HBO series like the old mk conquest woulda been way better but unfortunately it will probably never happen again. Hopefully the movie will make up for the lack of depth, budget, and time the web series has. I think this is a good taste of things to come.
I agree it definatly shows how good of a director KT is and the he has the ability to make a movie outside of his older dance films.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Imagine what that team would have done with a "big movie budget"?

Id say this was one of the best low-budget films/miniseries ive ever seen...

Suffokate

Worship Only What You Bleed
Finished all the episodes. So good. Johhny Cage is the man. My only complaint is that there is no Jade :(

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
The Good: The actors playing Shang Tsung, Kung Lao and Liu Kang do a decent job. Story is more interesting than the first MK movie.

The Bad: The Acting overall. Johnny Cage is just there to throw out quotes from the game and not really fight at all. What's with all the F bombs? Obligatory special moves being thrown into fights.

The Ugly: Sub Zero is ready for moto cross. Apparently, asian's cant sing, AT ALL.

Fangoria19

Groovy
I agree it definatly shows how good of a director KT is and the he has the ability to make a movie outside of his older dance films.
People can hate on Kevin all they want but give him a budget and see what happens first. I think people will shut up after the movie comes out.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
What a 50/50 kind of production. Some things were godlike, others horrid; nothing seemed to be in the middle.

The relationship between Kung Lao and Liu Kang is done really well, I like the new spin on things. The actors are probably the two best in the series.

Kitana and Mileena were done really well too imo. Solid, just like the first season.

Kenshi has always had an entertaining back story, adding Ermac too it sounded great at first. But the new design making him sprout tree vines or whatever that was really took me out of what was otherwize a cool episode. Ermac also didn't really do any signature moves while we got to see everyone else have some sort of nod. Instead Ermac does some dust cloud and then uses the power of Captain Planet to tap out Kenshi...

Sub Zero sporting BMX gear?! Did they run out of funding? It looked like the guy was ready to ride his quad or start a paintball fight. Sorry, I didn't think sub zero was some backwater hick.

Poor Stryker didn't get a background story :(

And all we saw of Shang was him watching his arch rival pull a forever alone and have a full course meal by himself.

jaym7018

Noob
You guys are saying give him a budget nothing about this shows he has potential to create something good with a bigger budget. Terrible acting is the fault of the director, horrible writing making it into the final cut also the fault of the director. I can forgive lol costumes and effects , thats to be expected with a low budget. Poor direction though i cant forgive that.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Kenshi has always had an entertaining back story, adding Ermac too it sounded great at first. But the new design making him sprout tree vines or whatever that was really took me out of what was otherwize a cool episode. Ermac also didn't really do any signature moves while we got to see everyone else have some sort of nod. Instead Ermac does some dust cloud and then uses the power of Captain Planet to tap out Kenshi...
The dust cloud was just a visual representation of his Telekenesis. He vader chocked him, and then flipped him over. Probably didn't go with the usual green for budget reasons.

The vines I think were supposed to be chinese dragons. Which also may have just been a visual representation of his Telekenesis, and they spent the budget on that effect.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I'm trying to watch this while in class, but these captions are so confusing.

I think Raiden just told Johnny Cage he wants him to fight the Italians.

AC1984

Kaballin!
So bad ass but so short...damn. New Liu and Cage were totally bad ass....

i didn't know Ermac had leprosy....Also it looks like the producer had to borrow a power rangers costume for Sub Zero...

Overall, great job

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Kenshi, Kung Lao and Liu Kang were great, I thought Kitana and Mileena were done well although they didn't get much screen time.

Was quite disappointed with the Scorpion and Subzero stuff, that was my favourite episode of season 1 along with Sektor/Cyrax. Just felt like it was over way too quickly.

Felt kinda the same after watching the first season as I do now, some great stuff in there, some good stuff and some pretty bad stuff (LBSH Subzero looked beyond terrible).

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I honestly saw ZERO bad acting.... You guys do know that Johnny Cage is supposed to be this corny over the top D-lIst Hollywood actor, right? .. I think he nailed that character wise... He was funny as hell to me... Even homeless looking Ermac was awesome, different than the red ninja we know but awesome and it looked like he came straight out of a dirty cave (which is where he lived) ... I seriously cant think of anything other than maybe Raiden in a Armani suit (when he visited Cage in jail) as somthing that was out of left field...

Actually , I will agree with Swift Tom's assesment on "Motor-Cross Sub"... That was odd...

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I honestly saw ZERO bad acting.... You guys do know that Johnny Cage is supposed to be this corny over the top D-lIst Hollywood actor, right? .. I think he nailed that character wise... He was funny as hell to me... Even homeless looking Ermac was awesome, different than the red ninja we know but awesome and it looked like he came straight out of a dirty cave (which is where he lived) ... I seriously cant think of anything other than maybe Raiden in a Armani suit (when he visited Cage in jail) as somthing that was out of left field...
I agree with you completely. The only things I had issue with was the overabundance of swearing, and Sub-Zero's outfit.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Seriously NRS should put Scorpion's MK Legacy costume as an alt in MK10. Such a boss costume!

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace

Actually , I will agree with Swift Tom's assesment on "Motor-Cross Sub"... That was odd...
You saw ZERO BAD ACTING? A lot of the dialogue was cringe worthy.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I really enjoyed this season. Way better than the first. Awesome seeing fatalities and moves from the games. And Johnny Rico as Cage!