What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Trilogy Edition Mod Discussion (CURRENTLY ON VERSION 2.50)

Would you want classic/legacy music to play by default instead of the modern music?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Yeah, the actual suggestion is to give armor to EX Hair Grab, but I can't add armor. So, i'll have to settle for a possible damage buff, but it's not in the cards right now, I'll discuss this change with the guys later. Not a top priority right now.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Drugo (whom I'll tag once his TYM account is active) and I made this Mod Showcase video as a shout out to the people who are working to create the mod, witch we love. Hope you guys enjoy it.

We also created a mod logo for the video because we couldn't find any existent one. If you like it, you are free to use it.

@NSR @YOMI REO @Biggs @RM AtK! @xSMoKEx @YOMI MITYEAP @DetroitBalln @BillStickers

PS: While playing with Drugo, I noticed a bug on Sub-Zero's slide hitbox, witch stays active after the animation is over.

EDIT: The video is outdated, the new version's here:

Last edited:

NSR

really cool man, thanks!

btw, the hitbox active frames (actually endframe data, if we go by MK9's terms) was increased because it seems like it was tied to speed: if you made SZ's slide faster, the frames would go faster, and thus there would be lesser active frames. Doesn't happen with Cyber Sub, for some odd reason. But I'll keep this in mind and fix it soon.

NSR

Not to mention (without giving anything away) there are other areas of Stryker that were completely ignored. If anything, I overbuffed the guy in a few areas and completely ignored him in other areas.
He's still getting buffed at the end of the day, even if he has to take a few nerfs, because, let's face it. Stryker just wasn't that good of a character. I'm not saying he was Sheeva or Kano bad...but he could have been a lot better.
All I can say though, is stay tuned.

NSR

All of the stuff listed in my post of 1.25 fixes is necessary, otherwise you're going end up having really OP stuff.
Or what? are you going to tell me it's balanced to have a character that does 100% damage in the corner?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
welp, another one to add to the list of 1.25 fixes.
breh nah, it's a tag combo, tag combos are always crazy. if you nerf her b2 reduce the recovery on 12b1, I like being able to connect strings with her.

Not to mention (without giving anything away) there are other areas of Stryker that were completely ignored. If anything, I overbuffed the guy in a few areas and completely ignored him in other areas.
He's still getting buffed at the end of the day, even if he has to take a few nerfs, because, let's face it. Stryker just wasn't that good of a character. I'm not saying he was Sheeva or Kano bad...but he could have been a lot better.
All I can say though, is stay tuned.
In my opinion his b3 is too fast (the animation isn't made to be this quick, it's pretty clear) and having his roll toss as a low makes no sense, but besides that he could use faster guns for cancels (and juggles if you nerf his 12). I never knew he was this fun to play before the mod, he has to stay. :coffee:

Last edited:

NSR

oh, it's tag? well, then it's another matter entirely.
We'll see about Stryker. hehe

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I just realized that b3xxLowRune is a thing now.

seriously thought, I never understood why f12 hits low on the second hit, can you make it mid? and perhaps make f1 very slightly faster to compensate?

NSR

we'll see, changes have to be discussed first. I don't want to repeat the same mistakes I did the 1st time around (nearly all of the buffs of the low pokes, Kabal's NDC removal,for example)

NSR

Remember (sorry if I come across as annoying with this) changes have to be discussed first (and I should have mentioned, tested first, in depth) before they are applied to the next patch.

I think Ermac's 31 shouldn't be a high, just like Jax's f41 (that already got fixed).
31 is fine. ermac is fine. i need to test him. u wonna play? tomorrow?
i hadnt touched mk since pc news. still cant force myself to start .exe.
but umk9 really makes wanna say: screw mkx, im going back to mk9, baby.
also, neat video.

NSR

UMK9 for PS3 and PC is a boss/npc mod, this is MK9 TE :D
just to avoid confusion for those who have played those mods.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
31 is fine. ermac is fine. i need to test him. u wonna play? tomorrow?
i hadnt touched mk since pc news. still cant force myself to start .exe.
but umk9 really makes wanna say: screw mkx, im going back to mk9, baby.
also, neat video.
sure we can play, I have weird hours with studies though. and thanks, I'm actually adding more stuff to that video.

Remember (sorry if I come across as annoying with this) changes have to be discussed first (and I should have mentioned, tested first, in depth) before they are applied to the next patch.
of course, I'm just spamming ideas here and there. :)

NSR

Just wanted to let everyone know the mod is alive, just don't expect TE 1.25 to be released in February, it will most likely be released in March.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
@NSR I was thinking something for cyrax. can you make the net not come out if he used one in a combo already? just like if he tried to throw a net out when the opponent is already stunned by one.

NSR

You are not the only one to ask that (look in page 4 for REO's list) and I'm aware this would disable several of Cyrax's resets. It's definitely something I want to implement...but I believe there may not be a limit programmed (this may possibly be the reason why NRS never fixed Cyrax). In that case, I have no clue what should I do. I'll be looking at Cyrax soon again. Hopefully I'll be able to do something with him (TBH, the damage nerfs didn't really hurt him that much all, he can still pull off 78% combos ffs)