What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Low/Mid-Tier Tournament - AVAILABLE ON PSN AND XBL!

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
It's not a big deal at all, you didn't cause any problems, you've been a huge help, thanks :).

I was going to avoid any mention of prizes alltogether cause I wanted to keep it as casual as possible, but having prizes is not a bad thing at all.
I figured it wouldn't be a big deal, just thought I'd make a mention for clarification.

I agree to keep it casual with no prizes, (drama purposes) but then the shit talking happens anyways. Plus, I want people to keep MK9 somewhat alive till MK10.

YouTube Channel: www.YouTube.com/mrgotmerked
YouTube Clan Channel: www.YouTube.com/ktokillatv

Sektor is totally mid-tier. The only character in that tournament list that he demolishes is Sheeva 8-2. Everyone else is 5-5s and some 6-4s. Mileena has multiple 7-3s and 1 or 2 8-2s on the characters in that list. The characters she sucks against are not in the tournament. In a full roster tourney, Mileena would be B, though IMO she's A/A-. But this is not a full roster tourney. The tier lists change if you exclude top tier. I think the list is fair.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The purpose of the event is for fun and to hype up MK, that is all and nothing more, I didn't propose prizes, other people did, but even though they did that is the only purpose I created this event.

Tier lists are a matter of opinion and I don't know what to tell people. Everyone is quick to cite the official tier list thread, which is interesting because if you guys are going to cite it, I shouldn't have to state why Mileena was left out considering her dominant match ups against 6 or 7 of the characters on the list.

This isn't a serious event, there's no real need to explain anything, it's not serious, it's not official, it's for fun.
K, so I take it that's only during the tourney so I'll just stay with Ermac then...Xbox, GT MKF30 I'd like to use Ermac and Sektor but if we can only choose one character, that's fine.

KRYS9984

Noob
A lot of us are very aware that this online tournament is just for fun and I honestly don't want to get into a 37 page discussion about tier lists because I truly hate them. I support the "fun factor" 100% and think it's a great idea for the Mortal Kombat fans (such as myself) who feel the game has been pushed off to the side.

Mentioning the tier list in my previous post was simply an observation and I just wanting some clarification as to what is considered a true lower mid-tier character when Mileena and Shang Tsung are apparently in the same boat as Ermac and Sektor. If they are omitted, so be it, there is nothing wrong with that and it will still be an enjoyable event to participate in and watch.

Is there any chance in adding more than 2 available slots for each character?

Espio

Kokomo
K, so I take it that's only during the tourney so I'll just stay with Ermac then...Xbox, GT MKF30 I'd like to use Ermac and Sektor but if we can only choose one character, that's fine.
Each player only reps one character.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I'm getting in on this shit boyeeee!

Console: XBOX
GT: WemfsFomer
Character: Noob motherfuckin Saibot son! Recognize!