What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Low/Mid-Tier Tournament - AVAILABLE ON PSN AND XBL!

Espio

Kokomo
To the players who have remained faithful to the Mortal Kombat franchise in spite of the hype sparked by Injustice: Gods Among Us, fellow community member Espio is organizing an online event that will appeal to players who represent what are regarded as the lesser-used characters in the cast of MK9...and you all are cordially invited to come on and show your stuff!

This event is available for players on both Playstation Network and Xbox Live. Mr Got Merked has graciously agreed to donate 1,600 Microsoft points to the winner of the XBL tourney, but prizes for PSN have yet to be determined. Keep checking back in this thread for more information as we bring you updates!

The tournament will have a dedicated stream hosted by GamerBlake90 on PSN at http://www.twitch.tv/gamerblake90. If you are not following their channels already, please be sure you do so and watch our Live Streams tab for when the broadcast commences! At this time, an XBL streamer will be TKT ZigZag and his stream channel link is here at http://www.twitch.tv/zigzaggamer95#

All information regarding registration and character availability can be seen in the rest of the post. Should you choose to register, please provide the following information:

1) Your console.
2) Your gamer tag.
3) Your character of choice.

Note: Please do not change your character choice repeatedly. Each member who chooses to register is only allowed one change, no more, no less. Once the deadline arrives, the brackets are locked.

Read on for more information.​

Characters that qualify: Nightwolf, Stryker, Baraka, Jade, Sindel, Sektor, CSZ, Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Kano, Sheeva, Sub-Zero, Rain, Quan Chi, and Ermac.

If at all possible, we can run two brackets with each characters having two solid reps, but if there aren't enough people willing to participate 15 will also be sufficient on one bracket.

THE PLAYSTATION 3 TOURNAMENT WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR June 1st 2013 At 12:00 AM Eastern Time.

THE XBL TOURNAMENT IS SCHEDULED For June 1st at 8PM Eastern time.

XBL BRACKET: http://challonge.com/Mid_LowXBL

PSN BRACKET: http://challonge.com/Mid_LowPS3

Rules:

1.Tournament is double elimination, best two out of three for regular matches.

2. Finals are best three out of five.

3. Courtyard day is the standard stage.

4. No Kombat Kodes that alter gameplay in relevant ways (No Blood Code, Classic Music, Disable Foreground Objects and codes of that nature are fine).

5. If you cannot make it please let us know in advance unless circumstances prevent you from doing so, we wanna make sure every character has a representative.

6. Have fun :D.

Playstation Network

Stryker: Espio Antlason
Ermac: Killphil and ColdBoreMK23 (Bracket 2)
Sheeva: AU_IM_DIGIMON Mr. Mileena
Sub-Zero: trevor91 and xQUANTUMx (possible bracket 2)
Rain: Bildslash and Reno_Racks
Nightwolf: KoolJulios14 The_SNKE
Jade: RunwayMafia VSunF
Sindel: DanCock Rosegoddess3
Sektor: RomeoBravoDelta Paul Daniel
Cyber Sub-Zero: KIllaByte
Scorpion: Squeaker101 and mangson (possible Bracket 2)
Quan Chi: Immortal Kombat sunlord5
Noob Saibot: RYX GamerBlake90
Kano: EMP Dark Full Boat
Baraka: Digit King Roosta

Xbox Live
Stryker: ShowboatingPenguin chessmaster
Ermac: MKF30 Ninj
Sheeva: imblackjames
Sub-Zero: SnoopyClownGang Chongo
Rain: Reno_Racks FOREVER KING
Nightwolf: ImNewbieSauce Sultani
Jade: STB TakeAChance Skylight1
Sindel: Tavaski Burgesssssss
Sektor: Sao87 K7L33THA
Cyber Sub-Zero: Fluxx
Scorpion: Vagrant Booty Slaya
Quan Chi: HGTV DrFlash44 ABACABB
Noob Saibot: Wemfs LazyActor14
Kano: AkTiVe rotanadan
Baraka: TheTetraSpirit Mr Got Merked

Attachments

RYX

BIG PUSHER
WOW, obvious prejudice against Reptile much? He's bottom five bro!

Is this an online tournament? I might be able to pull out my Noob and dust off my MK game if it is. :coffee:

ryublaze

Noob
If no one else signs up by the deadline put me in. The reason I don't want to sign up right away is cuz I'll probably lag a ton.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.

Is this an online tournament? I might be able to pull out my Noob and dust off my MK game if it is. :coffee:
Reptile isn't in because that's clearly not gonna work out in my favor. :coffee: #bracketrigging

Espio

Kokomo
I'm down for some CSZ

but i'd rather chomp chomp hiss if you put him in here ;)

Espio
Added :).

Is might a yes or no? Just want to make sure :).

Also eww Reptile players at it again lol.

If no one else signs up by the deadline put me in. The reason I don't want to sign up right away is cuz I'll probably lag a ton.

You still can if you want to though, which character would you like? I know you play three on the list a lot.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Espio, put me down for Bi-Han. It's tentative since I might have to travel for work, but I'll let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Espio

Kokomo
I'm going back and forth on whether to sign up or not as Sindel.

Haven't played this game since Final Round.
Espio, put me down for Bi-Han. It's tentative since I might have to travel for work, but I'll let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'll put you two down for bracket two then just in case if you guys become sure before someone else signs up for those characters I'll move you both to bracket 1 :).

Sure, I'm down to represent Sektor, if no one more competent then I steps up. I'm going to need some sparring partners though because it's been a not insignificant amount of time since I've played.