What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Low/Mid-Tier Tournament - AVAILABLE ON PSN AND XBL!

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Excellent answer! Makes you really wanna play MK when your main not being top tier is baned. Someone should make a tournament like that and say: " it's my tournament , so everyone can only play mid to bottom tier and I can play KABAL"
You're in danger of taking this waaaaay too seriously. Have you played MK9 online? It's a joke... :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Shang is A tier though. yeah it's wierd that half of the A tier is there but the other half isnt, but imho, it's more curious that all of the B tier is there except one character.

Oh well. I'll just use nightwolf and swear at my lack of ability to do dash 1 online.

Espio

Kokomo
Not to be rude, but this is for fun....I cannot believe you guys are going through and citing the serious tier list threads and demanding characters be included or removed.

I even stated this is just for fun, hype and for a fresh experience yet tons of people for some reason feel the need to make it serious, please stop over thinking who is included and who is not included.

If you all must know why Mileena is not included she has 7-3 favorable match ups against roughly half the characters in the tournament, which throws the whole point out of whack and why she got left out.

Ermac has reasonable match ups versus most of the included characters :5-5 6-4 and things like that. Same story for Rain.

Sektor is the same way with the exception of Sheeva.

I'm not adding Mileena and I'm not adding Shang Tsung or anyone else like that.

Thank you now can we just have fun with this, that's the point afterall :).

XBOX 360
xXMalakian XVII
Kano

I've seen a few XBOX players already claim Kano, can there be as many as 3 in this tournament? I really want to participate...

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Seems more like they want to complain to get that slight advantage. I'm a Kabal player so keeping that in mind who would I play? Well my first choice would have been sub, next would be Baraka. Why? Because at that teir, those two seem to be the most ruthless against half of that mid/low-teir characters IMO. And I also really enjoy playing them

YouTube Channel: www.YouTube.com/mrgotmerked
YouTube Clan Channel: www.YouTube.com/ktokillatv

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm in for Xbox but...Wait, have a serious question. Rules say not to change characters but if it's on that list, does it matter? Because I use Ermac and Sektor(both of which are mid tiers) Within the tournament whoever you pick must stick with is that right?

I read ONCE change? But does that mean signing up or middle of the tourney :-/

Or do I have to choose one character per opponent? Please respond. Thanks. Reason beying is I use Ermac, Sektor and Scorpion thanksEspio

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Not to be rude, but this is for fun....I cannot believe you guys are going through and citing the serious tier list threads and demanding characters be included or removed.

I even stated this is just for fun, hype and for a fresh experience yet tons of people for some reason feel the need to make it serious, please stop over thinking who is included and who is not included.

If you all must know why Mileena is not included she has 7-3 favorable match ups against roughly half the characters in the tournament, which throws the whole point out of whack and why she got left out.

Ermac has reasonable match ups versus most of the included characters :5-5 6-4 and things like that. Same story for Rain.

Sektor is the same way with the exception of Sheeva.

I'm not adding Mileena and I'm not adding Shang Tsung or anyone else like that.

Thank you now can we just have fun with this, that's the point afterall :).
Simple fun went out the window as soon as prize money became involved. People weren't asking why Mileena wasn't included to cause any issues, it was because of a lack of information as to why she was left out when her entire tier list was left in.

Espio

Kokomo
Simple fun went out the window as soon as prize money became involved. People weren't asking why Mileena wasn't included to cause any issues, it was because of a lack of information as to why she was left out when her entire tier list was left in.
The purpose of the event is for fun and to hype up MK, that is all and nothing more, I didn't propose prizes, other people did, but even though they did that is the only purpose I created this event.

Tier lists are a matter of opinion and I don't know what to tell people. Everyone is quick to cite the official tier list thread, which is interesting because if you guys are going to cite it, I shouldn't have to state why Mileena was left out considering her dominant match ups against 6 or 7 of the characters on the list.

This isn't a serious event, there's no real need to explain anything, it's not serious, it's not official, it's for fun.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
The purpose of the event is for fun and to hype up MK, that is all and nothing more, I didn't propose prizes, other people did, but even though they did that is the only purpose I created this event.

Tier lists are a matter of opinion and I don't know what to tell people. Everyone is quick to cite the official tier list thread, which is interesting because if you guys are going to cite it, I shouldn't have to state why Mileena was left out considering her dominant match ups against 6 or 7 of the characters on the list.

This isn't a serious event, there's no real need to explain anything, it's not serious, it's not official, it's for fun.
I don't care what you do, it was your idea, I was just trying to explain what people were thinking because you seemed a little taken aback by the reaction of her exclusion (although I don't see how she dominates 7 of the characters listed). It's your choice, and people will have to deal.

And Mr Got Merked it was very nice of you to provide the prize, but it just changes people's mindset is all. Now it's not "play for fun" it's "play to win." Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm not trying to blow anyone up.

Espio

Kokomo
I don't care what you do, it was your idea, I was just trying to explain what people were thinking because you seemed a little taken aback by the reaction of her exclusion (although I don't see how she dominates 7 of the characters listed). It's your choice, and people will have to deal.

And Mr Got Merked it was very nice of you to provide the prize, but it just changes people's mindset is all. Now it's not "play for fun" it's "play to win." Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm not trying to blow anyone up.

I explained why she was left out, I understand everyone's questions, I'm not shocked or worried that people had questions, I tried to address their concerns politely. I just tried to avoid match up discussions because the event is casual in character.

If I list the characters there's going to be a big argument/debate about it and I'm not really in the mood for that right now, but I play about half of those characters seriously that do.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
xWildx In hindsight I may have been quick to react due to no xbl side; which seems to be the case for 99% of the online tournaments. Espio My offer still stands as long as everyone is ok with having that for a prize.

My intention wasn't to cause problems, but more or less hype and like I said before, to create an XBL side for this tournament.

If you think about it, its original intention was meant for PSN only. I just managed to stir up some hype to allow the XBL side of this tournament to happen.

Even though work has bound me from attending said tournament, I'm not salty one bit.

YouTube Channel: www.YouTube.com/mrgotmerked
YouTube Clan Channel: www.YouTube.com/ktokillatv

Espio

Kokomo
xWildx In hindsight I may have been quick to react due to no xbl side; which seems to be the case for 99% if the inline tournaments. Espio My offer still stands as long as everyone is ok with having that for a prize.

My intention wasn't to cause problems, but more or less hype and like I said before, to create an XBL side for this tournament.

If you think about it, its original intention was meant for PSN only. I just managed to stir up some hype to allow the XBL side of this tournament to happen.

Even though work has bound me from attending said tournament, I'm not salty one bit.

It's not a big deal at all, you didn't cause any problems, you've been a huge help, thanks :).

I was going to avoid any mention of prizes alltogether cause I wanted to keep it as casual as possible, but having prizes is not a bad thing at all.