What's new

MKX will have more fatalities than any other MK has had, and much more "robust" netcode

Element_

The First Element
Like how Injustice netcode was supposed to be better?

That's one area that can't be certain.
i never played injustice online so i have no idea if the netcode got better...but anyone who has ever played MK9 online will know just how spikey the lag is/was ! i have a feeling MKX online will be pretty smooth though...well hoping!

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
i'm going to tell your family about your plan to trick them! ;) jokes....What are your thoughts on D'Vorah? i don't know what to make of that character..
Hahahahhaha :p D'vorah's gameplay is good but till now I can't decide cause I didn't play the story mode :p I kinda have a problem that I like and dislike characters based on their part of the story :p that explains why I never played with sindel -_-

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Like how Injustice netcode was supposed to be better?

That's one area that can't be certain.

Injustice's netcode WAS much better than MK. Day 1 IGAU> Day 1 MK, final patch IGAU> final patch MK. MK was practically unplayable in the beginning and even to this day is wonky. IGAU is way ahead of it.

Edit: MK9 was the second worst netcode I've ever played in in modern day online gaming, IGAU wouldn't be top 10.

Element_

The First Element
Hahahahhaha :p D'vorah's gameplay is good but till now I can't decide cause I didn't play the story mode :p I kinda have a problem that I like and dislike characters based on their part of the story :p that explains why I never played with sindel -_-
So that explains why you never played Skarlet then...because she wasn't part of the story! Man i used to main Jade and Ermac when the game came out....it now stands as Sektor and Shang! D'vorah is a character i don't seem to like much but for some reason i get the feeling i will be using the character a lot ;)

Element_

The First Element
Injustice's netcode WAS much better than MK. Day 1 IGAU> Day 1 MK, final patch IGAU> final patch MK. MK was practically unplayable in the beginning and even to this day is wonky. IGAU is way ahead of it.

Edit: MK9 was the second worst netcode I've ever played in in modern day online gaming, IGAU wouldn't be top 10.
Your right! Mk9 is really bad online...playing serious is impossible.

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
So that explains why you never played Skarlet then...because she wasn't part of the story! Man i used to main Jade and Ermac when the game came out....it now stands as Sektor and Shang! D'vorah is a character i don't seem to like much but for some reason i get the feeling i will be using the character a lot ;)
Yeah even her story ending was just meh :p I'm stopped playing with Kitana and Mileena and now I'm using Sonya and Jade, they're very fun to play with. In Injustice I can't stop playing with Catwoman and Harley lol I suffer with Catwoman against zoners but I'll make it work

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Better as in not ass. Being better than MK9's netcode is no accomplishment.

That's not what you argued though nor what they said. They said it would be better, it was, you made the comment "like how Injustice netcode was supposed to be better?" when now what you meant to say was "like how Injustice netcode was supposed to be good" which isn't what they said.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
That's not what you argued though nor what they said. They said it would be better, it was, you made the comment "like how Injustice netcode was supposed to be better?" when now what you meant to say was "like how Injustice netcode was supposed to be good" which isn't what they said.
Are you really going to argue the difference between "good" and "better"?

1) Boon's answers to the last questions hint strongly on Subzero being one of the 2 brothers. Most likely Bi Han
2) I can't listen to this techno MK song anymore.... Really can't

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Yeah, if I was playing someone in Injustice and I had a really good connection with them, it could feel really really really close to offline. Like never even got close to dropping a combo or fucking up an anti-air/blocking cross ups. But then I'd play like five other guys who were underwater. It just wasn't consistent.

But MK9 was a consistent joke. "Better netcode" isn't really much of a promise based on either game.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
Glad they're taking into account the need for a more stable online experience. But is it just me or did MK:Deception feel alot smoother online than MK9 and possibly Injustice? How they managed to downgrade is beyond me. :confused:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Are you really going to argue the difference between "good" and "better"?
Those are really different words.

He said it'd be "much better" than the previous titles, which will probably be true because mk9 and igau online were ass. If he flat out said "very good" then that'd raise the standard to expect by a ton.

Last edited:
Well him saying they can do the returning-ality better than before because of "graphical power" and whatnot pretty much confirms brutalities.

How the fuck are they going to work?

I'm betting they'll be QTEs, but liken to a few special QTEs in God of War where you mash a button to beat your victim down and after a set amount of time, or only when you stop, it'll do a finisher(or not).

It would be pretty brutal(0:53):

That said, hopefully a lot shorter in length because that shit would get annoying fast.

If only for the brutalities they managed to get it to transition to first-person view seamlessly they'd blow people's fucking minds.
Assuming they are brutalities, I suspect that they'll probably work just like Ultra Combo finishers do in the new KI since that seems to be what they were inspired by in the first place.