What's new

MKX will have more fatalities than any other MK has had, and much more "robust" netcode

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
Well, a new interview that starts with the same lame question to show off the 3 variations. In this interview Ed Boon was asked about the fatalities and he said there will be an "enhanced version" of classic fatalities, then he was asked if each variation will have a different fatality but he said they don't want to limit the choices and MKX will have more fatalities than any other MK game has had, so we're saying a minimum of 6 ?

Then he was asked about the net code and he said they learned a lot from the old games and it'll be "MUCH BETTER", much more "robust" netcode.

He was also asked about Shaolin Monks and that they want to do another one but they can't stop the flow of MK fighting games cause it's doing great.

And we might get a BRAZILIAN FIGHTER !

edited.promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Well him saying they can do the returning-ality better than before because of "graphical power" and whatnot pretty much confirms brutalities.

How the fuck are they going to work?

I'm betting they'll be QTEs, but liken to a few special QTEs in God of War where you mash a button to beat your victim down and after a set amount of time, or only when you stop, it'll do a finisher(or not).

It would be pretty brutal(0:53):

That said, hopefully a lot shorter in length because that shit would get annoying fast.

If only for the brutalities they managed to get it to transition to first-person view seamlessly they'd blow people's fucking minds.

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
That's the very first time someone from NRS has gone out of their way to say the netcode will be good. They usually just give some vague response about them trying their best.

Suuuuper refreshing to hear. Lets hope its everything we have been waiting for. Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

More Fatalities than any MK ever? Even MK: Trilogy? 'Cause almost everyone in that had two Fatalities, a Brutality, Animality, Babality and a Friendship. As well as Stage Fatalities on top of that.

I'm not complaining, though. I mean, holy fucking shit, if everyone has, like, six Fatalities or whatever each, I may just DIE from all the bloody joy.

Also, about time they considered a Brazilian fighter. A fighter that uses Capoeria would immediately be infinitely more cooler than Eddy Gordo ever was.

Jordy

Noob
he said more fatalities (animalities etc don't count as a fatality..) so maybe each char is gettin 3 fatalities + a brutality

ramy_92

Good interview though....it's the first time i'v seen Ed not in troll mode!
I love how he wanted to troll about the secret character but he was like ( DONT TROLL DONt TORLL) y ... ESSSSS hahahahaha but seriously all of the interviewers suck lately -_- very repetitive questions -_- I keep watching the interviews and I could answer for him

Element_

The First Element
I love how he wanted to troll about the secret character but he was like ( DONT TROLL DONt TORLL) y ... ESSSSS hahahahaha but seriously all of the interviewers suck lately -_- very repetitive questions -_- I keep watching the interviews and I could answer for him
Yeah he came close to trolling Lol i'm just hoping i like this damn game because it's getting hyped up quite a lot....and plus i can't play MK9 forever ;)

ramy_92

Yeah he came close to trolling Lol i'm just hoping i like this damn game because it's getting hyped up quite a lot....and plus i can't play MK9 forever ;)
the game looks really good till now :D a lil bit fast tho I hope they make it slower but they wont :/ and can they just announce evil kitana already :p

Element_

The First Element
the game looks really good till now :D a lil bit fast tho I hope they make it slower but they wont :/ and can they just announce evil kitana already :p
Evil Kitana ;) i like the prospect of there being 3 variations for every character...which means it will take some time to master one and plenty of lab work! Where as in MK9 you could learn a character within 10 minutes....hell i think i learned JC in around 5 minutes ;)

ramy_92

Evil Kitana ;) i like the prospect of there being 3 variations for every character...which means it will take some time to master one and plenty of lab work! Where as in MK9 you could learn a character within 10 minutes....hell i think i learned JC in around 5 minutes ;)
the 3 variations will force u to try everyone :D It shows how different the character is from a variation to another. this will be very confusing tho :p

E

Eldriken

I just hope they don't make an achievement/trophy to spend 24 hours on each variation for all the characters. That would be super dumb.

If there's going to be 24 characters, it would take 1728 hours, which is beyond ridiculous.

This only matters to us achievement freaks out there, however. =P

Element_

The First Element
the 3 variations will force u to try everyone :D It shows how different the character is from a variation to another. this will be very confusing tho :p
Well every FG that i'v played i'v all ways learned at least half the cast anyway so that's ok ! Still trying to work out what 3 variations Sektor would have if he was in the game..hmm! Hope Boon add's him to the cast otherwise i'l get salty ;)

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
What the fuck was he supposed to say? That its going to be worse? Seriously all Boon has to do is fart and u guys shit your pants from excitement. Wondering about fatalities tho...

ramy_92

Well every FG that i'v played i'v all ways learned at least half the cast anyway so that's ok ! Still trying to work out what 3 variations Sektor would have if he was in the game..hmm! Hope Boon add's him to the cast otherwise i'l get salty ;)
well yeah you have to learn them to fight them too :p I don't think they'll ignore the idea of cyborgs in Mkx but I do believe we'll just get Sektor or Cyrax :p are you going to play it on ps3 or ps4 ?

Element_

The First Element
well yeah you have to learn them to fight them too :p I don't think they'll ignore the idea of cyborgs in Mkx but I do believe we'll just get Sektor or Cyrax :p are you going to play it on ps3 or ps4 ?
Exactly..the only reason i picked up Reptile was because i were getting beat badly by him ( 2 years ago )! At this moment in time i have no plan to purchase a Ps4...but PS3 yeah! We shall train together my friend ;)

ramy_92

Exactly..the only reason i picked up Reptile was because i were getting beat badly by him ( 2 years ago )! At this moment in time i have no plan to purchase a Ps4...but PS3 yeah! We shall train together my friend ;)
I don't know about that :p I can't miss MKX on ps4 :D I'm planning to trick my family into getting me ps4 and mkx as a 1 month late birthday present hahahaha I hope they can make ps3 and ps4 players play together :( we'll see about that :D

Element_

The First Element
I don't know about that :p I can't miss MKX on ps4 :D I'm planning to trick my family into getting me ps4 and mkx as a 1 month late birthday present hahahaha I hope they can make ps3 and ps4 players play together :( we'll see about that :D
i'm going to tell your family about your plan to trick them! ;) jokes....What are your thoughts on D'Vorah? i don't know what to make of that character..

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I just hope they don't make an achievement/trophy to spend 24 hours on each variation for all the characters. That would be super dumb.

If there's going to be 24 characters, it would take 1728 hours, which is beyond ridiculous.

This only matters to us achievement freaks out there, however. =P
Yeah, that's why I didn't bother with th Injustice plat. You need a dumb amount of time to hit level 100, even without grinding