What's new

MKX will have 'almost' as many new characters as MK: Deception in this BGS interview

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

trufenix

bye felicia
@ramy_92 Where the hell does he mention this? Either I'm deaf or it's the wrong video.
He says roughly "mkx has more new characters than any other game, maybe deception had more". Which if you try to translate literally means mkx will have <= 9 new characters. Which is a disappointing number in the bizarre world of insane expectations that this place becomes during new game development.

Edit: It may also have something to do with that "leak" that said something like 16 brand new characters, cause every leak and rumor and tweet is absolutely true if no one comes out and says it isn't.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14

I was hoping for more new blood. After the dissapointment of Jade of MK9 I needed hope. Not a a big problem though. Hoping for a new Johnny Cage for MKX. And please no Kabal cough...second picture from the boots reveal...cough.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So "I tire of protecting our innocence" could be one of the subzeros defending the actual clan instead of a former subzero

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
*Dislike*

I wanted 60% of the cast to be completely new and original characters, what the hell. I really hope Boon isn't scrapping new characters and giving in to those people whining for dead MK9 characters to return in MKX.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@noobde, get rid of the exclusive console characters, and add 4 more DLC characters, so NRS don't have to cut off on new characters and make all the rest of the DLC returning characters.

NRS wins, customers wins, we get more support time, everybody wins.

Its sad that new characters are being cut short tho, hopefully Jataaka and Kia make it (if its planned)

SLy

Noob
For the sake of the story I feel this is the right choice.. No need in having new characters just to have them. Then we would end up like Deadly Alliance and deception once again with characters that were new blood but had no major relevance.. Even the characters being brought back are being completely redesigned so I don't see an issue with this.

@loogie
Seems you learned a lot from your vacation here :D

Also, come on people, is it bad if the ratio is 60/40 or even 70/30 favoring returning cast?
Don't you want your all time beloved characters to shine through MKX??

It's not so easy to make the difference nowadays, with all that information and technology shaking the world.
Could 12+ new characters shine not only for MK, but as symbols in gaming and pop culture? I doubt it.
Icons like Scorpion, Subzero, Raiden, Kitana etc. can't be created again, and you know it. The developers are really aware of this. Not only because of money and profit, but they want their very creation to stay on the top.
You have to remember how many things didn't come out as they planned in the past. It's a universal view that post MK3 characters ( with a few exceptions) sucked...
MK9 and its success ( bringing in veterans and new fans) are the reasons we expect MKX to be the best of all time.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
@noobde, get rid of the exclusive console characters, and add 4 more DLC characters, so NRS don't have to cut off on new characters and make all the rest of the DLC returning characters.

NRS wins, customers wins, we get more support time, everybody wins.

Its sad that new characters are being cut short tho, hopefully Jataaka and Kia make it (if its planned)
Guest characters bring in money. Right?

"There are 28 characters in the game, nine new and 19 returning."

This is in the Wikipedia of Mortal kombat deception, I would be more then happy with 28 characters:D

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
At least one Samurai character would be cool to see in the game, he could be a new rival to Scorpion...