What's new

MKX will have 'almost' as many new characters as MK: Deception in this BGS interview

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It's VERY hard to make that many new characters and actually have them be cool. Think about how many new characters there were in the 3D game era that were actually interesting. Most of them were dogshit, in my opinion.

Not counting MK4, all the new characters from the 3D era aside from Kenshi are really shitty. Bo Rai Cho was pretty unique, so I'd add him as another exception.

I'm loving how NRS is re-working all these beloved returning characters. It's incredible to see. If the only new characters in the game were the ones we've already seen, I wouldn't mind at all. All of them are awesome.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I think it's smart. After UMK3 it was always a hit or miss with new characters. This way, all the nostalgia heads and other people can be happy together lol. I am excited about new characters though. Kotal looks pretty badass the more I see.

I'm still holding out hope Baraka or Sindel make the cut.

loogie

Noob
So if you go outside and say malaka what will people think?
malaka means 'wanker' ... it's quite a bad slang word. so if you don't know what it means, don't use it.
I also didn't quite get it why you put it in the first place, if you are calling the poster (malaka) then I'd appreciate if you delete your post.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
malaka means 'wanker' ... it's quite a bad slang word. so if you don't know what it means, don't use it.
I also didn't quite get it why you put it in the first place, if you are calling the poster (malaka) then I'd appreciate if you delete your post.
No i meant mileena has a kid with baraka. Didn't know it was a word.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think everyone is trying to read too much into every little comment that's made about the new characters. We'll probably just have to wait and see :)

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
dude.....

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Havik, Kira, Darrius, Kobra, Dairou, Hotaru, Shujinko, Ashrah
Havik, Dairou, Hotaru, Shujinko and Ashrah were wins in my opinion. Shujinko could be replaced by Chameleon because of power absorption and chameleon is way cooler but overall the deception storyline i liked.

Kira Darrius and Kobra were pretty stupid designs and back story.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Havik, Dairou, Hotaru, Shujinko and Ashrah were wins in my opinion. Shujinko could be replaced by Chameleon because of power absorption and chameleon is way cooler but overall the deception storyline i liked.

Kira Darrius and Kobra were pretty stupid designs and back story.
But I like Kira :( but yea Havik can return, maybe Ashrah. Never played a game with Chameleon in it so I don't anything about him

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
To tell you the truth, it used to be a bad word till the mid 90's. Nowadays it means sth more like "bruh" or "dude" but if used as a high pitched, screaming word in the middle of traffic, THEN it's a bad slang word. You have my word! :)

Flagg

Noob
I find Boons tweets about what train station he is getting off as tedious.

There is no tenuous connection.

I'd rather he just do a trailer for a new reveal or say something directly about MK lore.