What's new

MKX pdp or HFD4 controller/fight pad for DS4 alternative (for MKX gameplay)

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
Interesting. Would this work on an older Madcatz Xbox fightstick, make it compatible with the PS4?
I use my Ps3 SF4 TE2 Madcats Fight Stick for Killer Instinct on the Xbox One using my CronusMax Pro, anything goes with an official wiring! :3
/EndInfomercial xD

skater11

The saltiest
I use my Ps3 SF4 TE2 Madcats Fight Stick for Killer Instinct on the Xbox One using my CronusMax Pro, anything goes with an official wiring! :3
/EndInfomercial xD
Is there really no input lag on that Cronus converter? Also what's the setup like? I don't have access to a PC/laptop so will I need one in order to use it or is it just an easy plug and play?

i have been wondering that to.about the HORI FC4... what button do you use for the touch pad, reset on practice and koth fullscreen????
You don't afaik. I suppose you could try switching it to PS3 mode and share becomes select, but not sure what effect that may have. I never tried it.

There is a little square next to the PS3/4 switch, but I don't know what it does.

Last edited:

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
i have been wondering that to.about the HORI FC4... what button do you use for the touch pad, reset on practice and koth fullscreen????
Also wondering this.
Hello all,

As you may have realized, many controllers such as the PDP MKX Pad, MadCatz TE2 and Hori RAP4 (not Kai) lack a touchpad. The way to reset training mode back to default positions is pushing this touchpad button.

However, there is another way!

Perform these steps:

1. Go to Options at the Main Menu
2. Enter Gameplay Options
3. Set Pause Delay to ON (This requires you to hold the Options button to pause the game)

Now when you are in training mode, you can double tap the Options button reset training mode.

Have fun in the lab everyone.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I have the MKX fightpad for XB1 and PS4. If anyone wants one I'm selling both for $25 each.
Lol! Good fucking idea, bro.

My million dollar question is what the fuck controllers ARE you gonna use instead though? I'm in such a controller crisis right now. :(

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Anyone have experience with both the Hori FC4 for PS4 AND the Hori Horipad for xBone? I want to know if the FC4 is so definitively better than the Horipad that it's worth just getting that and a converter instead of a Horipad as an xBone-exclusive player. Thanks for any input!

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Yeah I was tired of replacing ps4 controllers so I got an arcade stick, best purchase I have ever made, I can customize it, replace parts etc. I'm thinking of getting new buttons, probably sanwa buttons. But I digress. Using something other than ds4 is a wise choice

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Yeah I was tired of replacing ps4 controllers so I got an arcade stick, best purchase I have ever made, I can customize it, replace parts etc. I'm thinking of getting new buttons, probably sanwa buttons. But I digress. Using something other than ds4 is a wise choice
Not to derail the thread but: Did you get a Hori? I'm about to pull the trigger on one, but still hesitant. Wanted a Madcatz TE2 but I'm sick of their supply and demand fails. People seem to think the stick is better and the buttons worse, comparing the Hori Kai to the TE2. Swapping buttons out for Sanwa seems easy enough.

MrProfDrPepper

Not to derail the thread but: Did you get a Hori? I'm about to pull the trigger on one, but still hesitant. Wanted a Madcatz TE2 but I'm sick of their supply and demand fails. People seem to think the stick is better and the buttons worse, comparing the Hori Kai to the TE2. Swapping buttons out for Sanwa seems easy enough.
Yup, I got the hori real arcade pro v5, the stick itself is amazing, it has a square which I personally prefer, but the buttons are less than stellar but you can easily replace them with sanwa buttons for cheap. I personally love it and I can't imagine myself playing any fighting game on pad again

@Icepick says the HoriPad for the XBone sucks, you get accidental jumps.
Yeah, I have the Horipad and it is not very good. The problem with the Horipad is the Dpad is not precise. You can press left and it will sometimes jump-left or sometimes duck. If I have a choice between xbone pad or horipad, I will pick the xbone pad.

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Yup, I got the hori real arcade pro v5, the stick itself is amazing, it has a square which I personally prefer, but the buttons are less than stellar but you can easily replace them with sanwa buttons for cheap. I personally love it and I can't imagine myself playing any fighting game on pad again
I think you just sold me.

The V5 is the Japanese version right, the red one with less space between the stick and buttons? I can find the RAP4 Kai readily available. Far as I know, the only difference is the color (black) and the stick and buttons are slightly farther apart. Same parts and build otherwise. I like that it includes a touchpad, and I've been told it even works on PC.

MrProfDrPepper

I think you just sold me.

The V5 is the Japanese version right, the red one with less space between the stick and buttons? I can find the RAP4 Kai readily available. Far as I know, the only difference is the color (black) and the stick and buttons are slightly farther apart. Same parts and build otherwise. I like that it includes a touchpad, and I've been told it even works on PC.
Everything you said is correct, I personally really like the distance between the buttons and the stick. I also like the color scheme to boot. Have fun with your new arcade stick ;)

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
i have also both but using the FC4 more. pdp just feels "too" light and is missing L1 and R1 as shoulder buttons though i like the micro switches on the pad. but they share both a common problem. you cannot play fullscreen mode in king of the hill (no touchscreen button on both wtf?) also planning to buy a hitbox when a ps4 version comes out.

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Everything you said is correct, I personally really like the distance between the buttons and the stick. I also like the color scheme to boot. Have fun with your new arcade stick ;)
Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it!

... less so to re-learning all of my inputs on stick, but c'est la vie.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
So how does the Hori FC4 compare to an Xbox One pad? I play on PC btw.,

Thats what I've been using, but after looking around, I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the Hori - IF its more precise. My Xbox One pad seems to have some trouble with quick lefts, it likes to jump. I've ground and ground in practice trying to work around the issue, but after hours of working at it Ive come to the conclusion that its really not something I'm doing wrong and the issue lies in the pad.

The Hori FC4 isn't badly priced at all, but I really don't want to drop the cash on something that doesn't offer any advantages over what I already have. Eventually I'll be upgrading to a stick, just gotta find one priced right, though I would still like to have the best possible pad option on hand as well.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
I got a fighting commander, and just using it I can't really notice much difference between it and DS4... I had already gotten so used to DS4 I kinda had to relearn the FC4... but idk, we'll see. I almost feel dumb not using it at this point since I bought it lol.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
2 Things. The MKX PDP is shit. I returned it after a day.

and the DS4 ISNT fine. I love getting a forward jump when trying to do a shadow kick. FUCKING GRAND!!@!@!

I must try the Hori

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Just got the hori FC4. same here, gotten really comfortable with the DS4 that its kinda hard to relearn using FC4.

FC4 is good if you are tapping the d-pads or sliding your thumb.