What's new

MKX pdp or HFD4 controller/fight pad for DS4 alternative (for MKX gameplay)

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
which one would the TYM community choose if they had to choose one?

The MKX pdp fight pad

or the HORI FD4

let me know what you all think , thanks,
ESG Jagged

MadeOfMetal

As sad as it makes me to say it because I was so hype for its release, the PDP MKX pad is hot steaming garbage.
you have no idea how much that makes me:(cry

im sure i will love the hori.... but i think it looks 80's ish, and i love the mkx pad look and the low profile buttons... i was excited to be able to slide without catching between then=m.

@Perfect Legend said that the pad was great and the Dpad was great cept he had a bad habit on other controllers that he would still hold forward and then slide to the up dpad part for NJ, and it would make it roll. but explained that it could be practiced out and work just fine. he said the buttons where good and the triggers where good....:(
:coffee:
i am kinda wanting the mkx pad to prevail here, but if not, i know this community knows there shit and will lead me in the right direction.

to me the DS4 is hot garbage and seam some :joker:at SONY made it with their eyes closed

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
you have no idea how much that makes me:(cry

im sure i will love the hori.... but i think it looks 80's ish, and i love the mkx pad look and the low profile buttons... i was excited to be able to slide without catching between then=m.

@Perfect Legend said that the pad was great and the Dpad was great cept he had a bad habit on other controllers that he would still hold forward and then slide to the up dpad part for NJ, and it would make it roll. but explained that it could be practiced out and work just fine. he said the buttons where good and the triggers where good....:(
:coffee:
i am kinda wanting the mkx pad to prevail here, but if not, i know this community knows there shit and will lead me in the right direction.

to me the DS4 is hot garbage and seam some :joker:at SONY made it with their eyes closed
The dpad was made for baby hands and getting half circle or dbf motions is just so inconsistent. Plus there are double input problems that make typing messages impossible on that thing. I just have so many execution problems in MKX that I never had in MK9, Injustice, or USF4 on my Madcatz pad and I'm almost positive I can attribute them to this PDP trash. (I also had another PDP pad back in the day that was garbage too so I'm avoiding this company like the plague from now on).

virtiqaL

Noob
im sure i will love the hori.... but i think it looks 80's ish, and i love the mkx pad look and the low profile buttons
I actually have the opposite feeling. The Hori FC4 pad looks (and feels) like a legitimate fighting game pad. The MKX PDP pad just looks like a toy to me, and I'm not really a fan of having a specific MK inspired design when I do and plan on playing other non-NRS fighting games in the future.

Oh, and, I prefer having 4 shoulders buttons instead of 2.

MadeOfMetal

do yourself a favor and skip the pdp pads. i bought 2 of them for each system and returned them after a few days. the xbone controller is way better then the pdp. i got the hori and i love it. i also cant go back to ds4
lol can i at least buy it for collection and never break the box open????

or will it break inside the box ;) and possibly set on fire?

GNice4U

Noob
I have both...

The PDP pad is collecting dust. My guess is it would be broken by now if my FC4 didn't arrive when it did. The FC4 looks and feels like a much higher quality product. I also the like the button flexibility of the FC4 as well. Easy, easy choice if I were buying again. I wouldn't bother with the PDP and would only purchase the FC4. Just one persons experience.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
@GNice4U @theGabStandard @virtiqaL @Johnny Based Cage,

thanks for your input guys i appreciate it. i might just leave it up for a bit longer to get some more replies
No problem, friend! The struggle is real for me as a pad player on xBone so I like to help whoever I can whenever I can.

Speaking of, I just posted my own thread asking for input on what few options I have as an xBone player, but maybe I should ask here too: would any of you guys raving about the Hori Fighting Commander 4 recommend I just get that and a converter? I'm willing to pay what I need to if it's far and away my best option. Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations.

C-Sword

Noob
No problem, friend! The struggle is real for me as a pad player on xBone so I like to help whoever I can whenever I can.

Speaking of, I just posted my own thread asking for input on what few options I have as an xBone player, but maybe I should ask here too: would any of you guys raving about the Hori Fighting Commander 4 recommend I just get that and a converter? I'm willing to pay what I need to if it's far and away my best option. Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations.
You'll have to ask Gummo or a modder to make you one. The Fighting Commander 3 does work with the CronusMax and Titan One on the Xbox One, but those are tournament banned. I'd wait for reviews for the new PS2 to XBox One converter coming in June, DS2 works great with MKX.

MadeOfMetal

The DS4 is fine for me.
im glade the DS4 works for you, but all mine are toast, r2's are shit, and ive sent in like 6 of them or so... got from sony, game stop, and best buy, even inserted metal pegs into them, it was a no go. i love the DS4 in terms of appearance but functionality for me and my friends has made me bitter towards sony, ( i loved the DS3's)never broke a single one.

MadeOfMetal

wait i need a converter for the HORI FC4? please say no... i thought that was only on the HORI FC3

i was under the impression the FC4 was and is plug n play on ps4 and ps3?

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
im glade the DS4 works for you, but all mine are toast, r2's are shit, and ive sent in like 6 of them or so... got from sony, game stop, and best buy, even inserted metal pegs into them, it was a no go. i love the DS4 in terms of appearance but functionality for me and my friends has made me bitter towards sony, ( i loved the DS3's)never broke a single one.

Sorry about that man but I have no problems with the r2's. I have that set up for throws and R1 set up for block.

wait i need a converter for the HORI FC4? please say no... i thought that was only on the HORI FC3

i was under the impression the FC4 was and is plug n play on ps4 and ps3?
It is plug and play on PS4.

The pdp pad is decent when it's working properly. Unfortunately, it will probably last a week before it breaks down. I would avoid all pdp fightpads since the build quality is dirt poor.

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
Hori. The PDP pad is a literal piece of shit. From what I heard, most of them are being discontinued because they are cheaply made and are breaking very easily. The buttons feel stuck, and very cheap.

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Is the Hori much larger than the DS4? I'm 6'3 with huge mitts, my whole thumb covers the stupid dpad. I jack up inputs all the time. Not to mention distorting my right thumb to reach 4 is giving me early onset arthritis.