What's new

MKX pdp or HFD4 controller/fight pad for DS4 alternative (for MKX gameplay)

Method

Full Combo Punishable
That's my only real concern and the main reason I haven't pulled the trigger. I've been trying to get a Madcatz TE2 but availability is garbage. Missed out on one yesterday thanks to the Madcatz online store shitting the bed mid-transaction. So now I'm looking into temporary pad replacements.

I have had both, neither is better than the dual shock 4 imo.

The PDP is junk, and the FC4 has an inferior pad and buttons.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
I have noone of them but I've seen many comments about PDP and many people says that's it's a big shit, my personal feels about hori, good qualité product, can't talk about execution. Personally I am a pad player and feels fine PS4 pad and got cronusmax, but ps4 pad has cheap quality too. Anyway I don't like sticks but really want to try a hitboxe arcade

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains

:coffee:
not to harrass, i mean this with respect, if you knew me you would know im a good guy but come off strong and almost always misunderstood.

with that said....

The DS4 is absolute utter Hot recycled garbage

its like they melted it over and over until it was at its lowest quality.

i called sony and talked with reps, managers and several others.

they even admited that they had front cover design flaws that hold the railing which holds the pegs which in turn hold the hinges that the R2 and L2 turn in.

they said all is made of same plastic, don't replace with metal peged r2's it would just break the hinge or housing which also holds the board.

and the manager told me to wait to send it in because they are redesigning the material used with the hinge, front/back cover, pegs and rubber on joysticks.

and when they get them in they will send you the new and improved type. but sony isnt near finished with redesigning it yet.

between me my brother and my girlfriend + some kids

we have gone through 20+ DS4's

R2 broke on all but 3

joysticks broke on 2

hinge that holds peg of r2 and l2 broke on all of them.

even sony admited to me over the phone that it was a problem they are working on.

dont get me wrong, i loved PS3's DS3 controller never broke one ever. those went threw it all, thrown at walls kids juice, you name it.

but these DS4's are definately a design flaw.

i do hit r2 hard. but i also think just because they made them out of thinner cheaper plastic shouldnt mean i have to change my ways that i have used from PS1-ps3 with no problems just because their :joker:design team was eyes wide shut while making the blue prints for this (with crayons)

no hate intended towards you @frunction ... that was all at SONY DS4 design team.

i would love for them to also move or elevate the options/share button so it doesn't risk being accidentally hit.

then and only then will i go back to DS4 unless they fix all that. as well as the input board sometimes registering thewrong inputs

Rant off....

I respectively disagree

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword

So now you've went through 20+ DS4's? Last time you said it was 6 :DOGE

im glade the DS4 works for you, but all mine are toast, r2's are shit, and ive sent in like 6 of them or so... got from sony, game stop, and best buy, even inserted metal pegs into them, it was a no go. i love the DS4 in terms of appearance but functionality for me and my friends has made me bitter towards sony, ( i loved the DS3's)never broke a single one.

MadeOfMetal

So now you've went through 20+ DS4's? Last time you said it was 6 :DOGE
yes both of my statements are correct, you will notice that this time i added

EazySleazyGames said:

thats alot more people involved then just 2 friends and me, i know your not trying to hate but understand you may have miss read something there, and you maybe have jumped to a conclusion, we all do it at some point. me personally i have gone threw 6, and had enough.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
yes both of my statements are correct, you will notice that this time i added

EazySleazyGames said:

thats alot more people involved then just 2 friends and me, i know your not trying to hate but understand you may have miss read something there, and you maybe have jumped to a conclusion, we all do it at some point. me personally i have gone threw 6, and had enough.
What games are you all playing to go through 20+ DS4's?

MadeOfMetal

in reply to: @Linkuei82 i can say the games i play, MKX, destiny, ufc,

and they play shooters and fighters

and the kids play crap like minecraft and whatever is free on PSN+

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

if you want i can show you the 2 i have here... i hear some people play very gently with thier controllers and they dont break... but ima wait till they change back to thier old ways of making them strong

MadeOfMetal

@Linkuei82
i didnt really want this thread to be about DS4's anyways just which of the op 2 controllers is better and maybe added info on the 2 controllers pros and cons

think about it... i only play on PSN
and im looking for other controllers than sony's usual awesome controllers... why would i lie... i love playstation,

i dont have xbox1 but have no salt towards them either

Last edited:

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Just played with the FC4 for the first time last night, and it's lights out better for me then the DS4.

On DS4 I can't even get Back Forward specials consistently, that's a little bit of a problem in a Mortal Kombat game, and I know it's not me if I have ZERO issues on the Xbox One pad.

Played about 4 hours with it last night and fell in love. Some neat options on it too,

GNice4U

Noob
Just played with the FC4 for the first time last night, and it's lights out better for me then the DS4.

On DS4 I can't even get Back Forward specials consistently, that's a little bit of a problem in a Mortal Kombat game, and I know it's not me if I have ZERO issues on the Xbox One pad.

Played about 4 hours with it last night and fell in love. Some neat options on it too,
Yep....that's been my experience. I can still use the DS4, but I like the options on the FC4 and it works really well for me. But to each his own as they say. :)

You must be getting the DS4 and the FC4 confused. Either that, or yours are VERY different from mine. The Hori's top quality - it feels like an old SNES pad - and the DS4 feels like it was designed to throw out bad inputs.

Method

Full Combo Punishable
I just wish Madcatz would make more than 10 TE2s at a time so I could get a damn stick. Might be time for a Hori Kai, swap the buttons for Sanwa.

Or upgrade my pad. I dunno.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Pdp MKX pad is a peice of shit. Dont buy it.

Does anyone have alternatives for XBONe?
I'm really thinking of ordering a Hori Horipad just because it's our only option short of a converter so I'll let you know how that works. Fucking sucks our only legit fight pad is that PDP MKX trash.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I have the PDF pad since Xbone don't have alternative fight pads. My only grip is the dpad is too small. I guess they thought females only play this game?

You must be getting the DS4 and the FC4 confused. Either that, or yours are VERY different from mine. The Hori's top quality - it feels like an old SNES pad - and the DS4 feels like it was designed to throw out bad inputs.
I do believe the Hori pad is quite rugged/reliable. My problem stems from ergonomics.

...feels weird in hands. D-pad is too soft. Buttons to me feel flat both in shape and on press, have to lift thumb a bit more. Don't like R1/R2 on the top because you can't properly assign 1,2,3,4 to the right cluster and maintain the front defaults. Giant R2 button on front is great for blocking, but you don't have a good resting spot for your finger on left side between L1/L2 when you want to grip. Where is select button to reset in lab?

I think you can get used to it like anything else, but DS4 still better overall to me. Since you guys are definitely more MK experienced/players than me, I'll give it another try. I just didn't feel like it helped me hit combos and definitely hurt for back/forward specials.

Funnily enough, while almost all competitors tonight used DS4, the combo breaker winner used an arcade stick, so it's always more to do with skill than peripherals it seems. :)

Last edited: