What's new

MKX Interview w/ Ed Boon - Select Screen has "hints of truth", EVO players confirmed to help balance

"People" or in this case I don't want the company to "downgrade' or whatever the hell you call it, my main concern was that the MAIN team isn't the one who's doing the work on the ports. That should signal to me that if the main team isn't willing to work on the port version, why the hell should I, an owner of one of the current generation systems, be regulated to just sit here and be complicit? Why should I force myself to get a new console just to experience a "new and improved" engine, when it should've already been improved on the port?

And there's only so much more that Mortal Kombat could continue to be a household name. Regardless of its legacy and history, sooner or later people will stop buying the game, regardless or not its on a new generation or old generation gaming system. MKA was on PS2, Xbox and the Wii but yet people STILL complained about how inferior it was.

And lastly to conclude this, there isn't anything interesting out there in the gaming world that particularly expands on the capabilties of the newer generation systems. There are simply nothing coming out or being made that broadcasts a reason why someone should immediately go out and buy it.
Dude it sounds like your personal issue, not a gaming issue.

Might just be me but EVO players should NOT be involved in testing. This should be a closed testing only to the people who are creating the game. I don't want to see or hear a group of people get extra information when the rest of us have to sit here and wait patiently for these pieces of information.
You're crossing troll potential. LOL.

Please explain to mehow this is ever considered "troll-worthy"? I don't get on these forums to make fun or joke, I sit here and try to converse with people seriously.
Because you'll only face many of these players if you go to tournaments where it sorta matters, so them having a leg up wouldn't really matter, if your intention is only online.

Overall it helps balance out the game or at least get feedback from players who have a variety of FG experience from multiple fighters.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Please explain to mehow this is ever considered "troll-worthy"? I don't get on these forums to make fun or joke, I sit here and try to converse with people seriously.
Evo/top-level players are better than devs at finding balance issues with the game. That's just how it's always been. If it means MKX becomes a better game because of it, then I welcome it with open arms.

With this new game I'm considering the notion of doing local and even national tournaments. So in a way, it's detrimental for everyone to have a equal playing field (same level of knowledge, ect.)

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
My point is that is makes total sense to wait on these new consoles this time around, and yet everyone here has this superiority attitude like YOU'RE the problem for not buying these shitty new consoles, ESPECIALLY WHEN THIS GAME WAS ANNOUNCED FOR PC (you know, the only true "next-gen" hardware in this discussion). And it pisses me off.
It makes total sense to wait another 8 or so years for the next Playstation or Xbox? Do you think MS and Sony are just going to give up on the new systems and go back to developing for PS3 and 360?

My apologies if you already said this, but why don't you just get the PC version then if the new consoles are so shitty?

With this new game I'm considering the notion of doing local and even national tournaments. So in a way, it's detrimental for everyone to have a equal playing field (same level of knowledge, ect.)
and what if everyone at your local owns next gen? are you gonna bitch about them too?

Cody

Noob
lol by that logic then you shouldn't have bought even a 360 then or even be buying ANY games. So you're telling me you can't throw aside 80 bucks a month to save towards 400? B/c you know most smart people i know, they do their best to not live off paycheck to paycheck. Also if you have a family, i'm gonna presume you have a wife that works as well. If 80 bucks is out of your budget then you could both save 40 a month. If the console was in the thousands, then i could sympathize with you but honestly 400 by next year is NOT hard to save. Just sounds like to me you're really butthurt about the main team working on next gen only.
Why the hell are you trying to make somebody look bad because they can't fucking pay for a next gen console? I too am always low on money. I probably won't even be able to buy the game at all honestly. Who the hell are you to tell somebody that 400 dollars is nothing though? You don't know their situation. You're coming off as a ass right now, and that's coming from me. Somebody that has quickly gained the reputation of being an ass because I speak what's on my mind.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Bear in mind I have no issues with you logic and ideas or any opinions you have, but if you are going to compete and you want to be on an equal field then you will have to shell out the money and put yourself on the equal field.

When I came into competing in IGAU I had to buy a copy for 360 and I had to get controllers I was comfortable with for both systems as well. I don't like it, I wish we could all play on the same console as well and I didn't have to do these things, but its what it is. Unfortunately that's how it works. The FGC is not going to tailor to those that don't have the preferred definitive platform or setup just, because one or a few people play on it that way.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
It makes total sense to wait another 8 or so years for the next Playstation or Xbox? Do you think MS and Sony are just going to give up on the new systems and go back to developing for PS3 and 360?

My apologies if you already said this, but why don't you just get the PC version then if the new consoles are so shitty?
What? I meant it makes total sense to wait on buying these new consoles.

Believe me, I am getting it on PC, I was just calling everyone out on their bullshit attitude.

Why the hell are you trying to make somebody look bad because they can't fucking pay for a next gen console? I too am always low on money. I probably won't even be able to buy the game at all honestly. Who the hell are you to tell somebody that 400 dollars is nothing though? You don't know their situation. You're coming off as a ass right now, and that's coming from me. Somebody that has quickly gained the reputation of being an ass because I speak what's on my mind.

Marvaz

come at me
Sorry if i missed it but WHO are all these "EVO/MLG" pro testers thay say?? They shouldnt be able to compete the first 2-3 months. Just like in igau the testers all had a span of about 2 or 3 months on top. But as time went on they just fizzled or barely stayed relevant. Same thing happened in mk9. God i hope they have the RIGHT testers up there testing like @TONY-T @REO @ETC Mcfly and so forth not the usual people who did nothing for mk9 nor injustice in terms of finding broken tech.

Pearl Monnkey

Mountain Climber
Sky Light is sounding like a young weak child. Stop your crying. You do realize if you're jobless you have more time to play the game right? So should people who are unemployed be unable to play in tournaments because they have the advantage of playing the game more?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Not true anymore, it is actually 50 dollars cheeper to get a One in Canada, probably the same price for both in the states
theres a $400 option for xbone now but it comes without kinect so some of the features arent there, im not sure which ones but id guess stuff like voice commands and all that? idk id just go with the better option ps4 unless you want xbox exclusive games

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
theres a $400 option for xbone now but it comes without kinect so some of the features arent there, im not sure which ones but id guess stuff like voice commands and all that? idk id just go with the better option ps4 unless you want xbox exclusive games
The only thing you don't get is a camera and voice commands, and gesters for the menu if you are into that sort of thing. I have a One and only have my kinect plugged in if I'm streaming, so people can see me drinking beers and I can interact in a more fun way. I think voice commands might even work through the headset, I've never tested it as I don't use the voice commands anyways.

PS4 is only a better option if you want PS4 exclusives, both systems will have 95% the same games.

It's a pointless fanboy arguement. I will have both anyways, so I really don't care. I have both 360 and PS3 and my PS3 collects dust because fighters have always run better on 360. and I never enjoyed the Uncharted games.

There is a rumor One will be backwards compatible with 360games and xbla library in the future as well, in which case it's the only system I would use.

Keep in mind by the time MKX comes out the holidays will have come and gone, and another spring, so I expect either another small price drop, or really good bundles after the holiday season.

It's all preference, but for online functionality I would go with Xbox over PStation just because of Track Record. Xbox Live is the superior online gaming experience, until it's proven otherwise.

The only thing you don't get is a camera and voice commands, and gesters for the menu if you are into that sort of thing. I have a One and only have my kinect plugged in if I'm streaming, so people can see me drinking beers and I can interact in a more fun way. I think voice commands might even work through the headset, I've never tested it as I don't use the voice commands anyways.

PS4 is only a better option if you want PS4 exclusives, both systems will have 95% the same games.

It's a pointless fanboy arguement. I will have both anyways, so I really don't care. I have both 360 and PS3 and my PS3 collects dust because fighters have always run better on 360. and I never enjoyed the Uncharted games.

There is a rumor One will be backwards compatible with 360games and xbla library in the future as well, in which case it's the only system I would use.

Keep in mind by the time MKX comes out the holidays will have come and gone, and another spring, so I expect either another small price drop, or really good bundles after the holiday season.

It's all preference, but for online functionality I would go with Xbox over PStation just because of Track Record. Xbox Live is the superior online gaming experience, until it's proven otherwise.
This was very well said. Cheers to you good sir.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel

lol im not gonna argue, ps4 is the better choice this roll around, xbox got rid of the drm bullshit but its still not as good. xbone has a rumor of backwards compatibility ps4 has psnow lol im not a playstation fanboy i had and xbox and i have a 360 now but ps4 > xbone now im exting bye :)

9_Lives

Noob
"How am I doing? How are WE doing?" at the end when talking about online. Perhaps a feature that will accommodate online teams/groups? Thoughts?

Sorry if i missed it but WHO are all these "EVO/MLG" pro testers thay say?? They shouldnt be able to compete the first 2-3 months. Just like in igau the testers all had a span of about 2 or 3 months on top. But as time went on they just fizzled or barely stayed relevant. Same thing happened in mk9. God i hope they have the RIGHT testers up there testing like @TONY-T @REO @ETC Mcfly and so forth not the usual people who did nothing for mk9 nor injustice in terms of finding broken tech.

Thanks for your consideration! :)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Maybe people dont want to spend 400$ for one game? And before people go off on this "There is lots of great games what are you talking about" BS, remember that there are people out there who don't have enough time to play more than one game anyway.

That being said, no complaints from me. I am just happy they are porting it at all, as long as it is good enough for me to practice for tournaments I am fine. I dont expect nor want NRS to work on four consoles at the same time, that would be stretching them way too thin.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
Yes but on a few systems that's only been out for what half a year isn't being innovative, its only prolonging the inevitable. Instead of focusing on saving those extra resources, they are going to waste it all on a few set of systems that only 5% of the market owns? What business decision is that? It isn't a smart nor logical one -- more of a callous and careless one.
Then just buy the new PS4. That's what i did. This new PS4 MKX game will cause PS3 owners to have more of a reason to upgrade to PS4 now.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Finances are the only reason I don't have a PS4/XB1. I'm not thrilled that the old-gens will be ports, but we don't know who is handling the ports and one would think that whoever it is, would be stoked to be working on MKX and give it their utmost.
That said, at least old-gen owners will be able to, to some degree, get accustomed to the engine, online/faction system and experiment with characters.
I usually wait a year to buy a new console as they usually fix the bugs, perhaps "slim down" the model.