What's new

MKX Interview w/ Ed Boon - Select Screen has "hints of truth", EVO players confirmed to help balance

This is an overall great interview by GiantBomb with Ed Boon. One of the biggest tidbits to take from this interview is the fact that the silhouettes in the character select screen are essentially fake. Ed Boon confirms that they only have "hints of truth", so don't like the silhouette with the hat scare you.

Additionally, he mentions that balancing the game with three different versions of each character will be a challenge, but does not hesitate the confirmation of EVO/MLG players coming back in to the studio to help balance the game.

Major Point
Around 10:15 mark, Ed Boon confirms development of MKX on PS4/XBone is being handled by NRS and PS3/360 will be developed by another team. So, essentially the next-gen versions of the game will be receiving the utmost care. It's something to definitely think about if you don't have a next-gen console yet.

Credit: @KiD INsAnitY
edited/promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
The whole fatality thing with Johnny/Sonya/Cassie is kinda weird.

I think you guys should not allow them to Fatality or X-ray each other.
But have a special X-ray animation that is less horrible.

And only let them friendship each other.

I don't really want to see Cage rip his daughters head off.

And the award goes too...

By the way does this confirm JC/Sonya playable in at least story mode?

Error

DF2+R2

What about Sindel, Mileena/Kitana and to a degree Ermac? SubZero and Noob?

Sindel is Kitana's mother

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Thank GOD there's no actual run button. This makes me feel 100% better about the whole dash/run/block debacle.

Mst

Noob
How Ed reacts to the Question about Fatalities i got the feeling that Johnny and Sonya get corrupted in the story and Cassie has to fight them. And for the Select screen there are most likely siluetes which match other Characters/Person but also fit with siluetes of Characters which gonna be in the final game.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
running confirmed, but there is a thing i don't really like, it's Cassie stance and her dasher looks like injustice some stupid back dashes