What's new

MKX Interview w/ Ed Boon - Select Screen has "hints of truth", EVO players confirmed to help balance

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
He pretty much confirmed that ps3/xbox360 will be obsolete for mkx.

Guess the tournament standard really is only Xbone and PS4 (no surprise).

Major bullshit is being thrown to at the PS3/XBOX360 players and owners. You still have a complete market of people who are willing to buy this game on the still-"current" generation systems, yet the main team isn't going to be working on it? I'm not all that pleased as I was earlier about this and it kinda(no not kind of, it does) make me upset. No one is really going to take that risk and play this game on a newer generation system that has YET to even have anything good for it. Let alone no one is going to risk their money on something that isn't guaranteed.

I'm not liking this new direction for the team but I understand why. They're trying to kiss the butts of the newer generation owners while at the same time trying to appeal to us older generation owners but, its not going to pay off as it did for MK9. I don't feel that MK10 is going to be the sam because of this decision. Its just me but... I don't feel its right to put all the eggs in that one basket yet, not now and not too fast.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Major bullshit is being thrown to at the PS3/XBOX360 players and owners. You still have a complete market of people who are willing to buy this game on the still-"current" generation systems, yet the main team isn't going to be working on it? I'm not all that pleased as I was earlier about this and it kinda(no not kind of, it does) make me upset. No one is really going to take that risk and play this game on a newer generation system that has YET to even have anything good for it. Let alone no one is going to risk their money on something that isn't guaranteed.

I'm not liking this new direction for the team but I understand why. They're trying to kiss the butts of the newer generation owners while at the same time trying to appeal to us older generation owners but, its not going to pay off as it did for MK9. I don't feel that MK10 is going to be the sam because of this decision. Its just me but... I don't feel its right to put all the eggs in that one basket yet, not now and not too fast.
Have you not seen the PS4 line-up Sept - Nov?

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Johnny Cage and Sonya performing fatalities on their child would be kinda messed up...

O well I guess they are confirmed as well!

I dont quite understand your gripe. Why would you want NRS to not develop their game on the most powerful consoles on the market? Its easier to innovate when you have better tools.

I dont quite understand your gripe. Why would you want NRS to not develop their game on the most powerful consoles on the market? Its easier to innovate when you have better tools.
Yes but on a few systems that's only been out for what half a year isn't being innovative, its only prolonging the inevitable. Instead of focusing on saving those extra resources, they are going to waste it all on a few set of systems that only 5% of the market owns? What business decision is that? It isn't a smart nor logical one -- more of a callous and careless one.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

If existing install bases held weight then NRS/Midway would never have moved away from the PS2. Think about that for a minute.

And for the record, a pretty big portion of the 360's first year consisted of spruced up PS2/OG Xbox games.

STRYKIE

Anyway, all things considered, I think this confirms the PS3 version will run like straight horseshit lol. Glad I held off for the lowdown on lead development.

Yes but on a few systems that's only been out for what half a year isn't being innovative, its only prolonging the inevitable. Instead of focusing on saving those extra resources, they are going to waste it all on a few set of systems that only 5% of the market owns? What business decision is that? It isn't a smart nor logical one -- more of a callous and careless one.
Pulling statistics out of your ass on the market share piece. It sounds like you're angry that you don't have a next gen system and you feel that the game being ported by another company will put you at a disadvantage game quality wise. I for one prefer a company who stays contemporary with technology and doesn't fall behind with it so I commend NRS for this. 2nd I'd like to just add that the port very well could be fine it was obviously always going to be worse than the next gen versions they hardware simply isn't there. But that doesn't mean it will be bad. TitanFall was only developed by Respawn for next Gen hardware while the 360/pS3 version was ported by another company. And yet the 360/PS3 version was still well received when it came out.

I Rather have NRS work on design and balance (They have 72 characters to balance!) without handcuffing themselves with hardware, then have to worry about trying to optimize the game for legacy hardware.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The whole fatality thing with Johnny/Sonya/Cassie is kinda weird.

I think you guys should not allow them to Fatality or X-ray each other.
But have a special X-ray animation that is less horrible.

And only let them friendship each other.

I don't really want to see Cage rip his daughters head off.
Eh it's gameplay lol after a while it won't feel strange or weird haha. Now if they have SEXUALITIES THEN shit will get weird haha. Some mom/daughter action lol.

Nevermind, anyway different team handling last gen is interesting...

Should I buy the PS4 NOW!? or wait til they get the bugs out and buy when another version comes out?
Do you have anything you currently want to play on it? If not, the answer is pretty simple. It'll always be beneficial to you and your wallet to wait unless there is something currently out that you want to play on it. The only reason to choose otherwise would be if you anticipated that there is going to be a shortage in the hardware when the game you want comes out (Mad Catz Fight Sticks come to mind). I honestly don't see that happening with PS4 or XB1 though.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Should I buy the PS4 NOW!? or wait til they get the bugs out and buy when another version comes out?
I always purchase fighting games at launch so I can learn the meta-game right along with everyone else, bugs and all, either way it's getting patched out, but that's me.

Now relative to within a few months, because we've got Evolve, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Battlefield: Hardline, LittleBigPlanet3, GTAV, Last of Us Remastered, Alien: Isolation, Drive Club, Far Cry 4, Destiny, ect. all within Sept-Nov. So there's a lot of incentive, in my opinion, personally.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
To debunk your sales theory, Watch dogs sold 4 million copies its first week.
50% of the sales were ps4, 27% were Xbox One.
Around 13% were last gen. So 2 million sold on a 7 million install base and a couple hundred thousand sold on a 160 million install base. Numbers does not equal buying power.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Maximilian just uploaded new gameplay. Don't know if there was a thread for it or not. Here it is just in case.

Regardless, they showed 4 new characters. Verra/Torr, Kotak Kahn, D'Vorah, and Cassie Cage.

I think that will be the majority of the new characters...maybe a few more. If you look at the rest of the blacked out cast it looks like a lot of familiar silhouettes.

So hype...can't wait!!!

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Anyway, all things considered, I think this confirms the PS3 version will run like straight horseshit lol. Glad I held off for the lowdown on lead development.
360 has Mortal Kombat 9. Obviously they want to focus and make the next game the very best it can be, hence why they are making it strictly for next gen consoles.

Be happy a version is even coming in the first place for the 360/PS3 consoles. Casual gamers will be able to enjoy the story too.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I always purchase fighting games at launch so I can learn the meta-game right along with everyone else, bugs and all, either way it's getting patched out, but that's me.

Now relative to within a few months, because we've got Evolve, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Battlefield: Hardline, LittleBigPlanet3, GTAV, Last of Us Remastered, Alien: Isolation, Drive Club, Far Cry 4, Destiny, ect. all within Sept-Nov. So there's a lot of incentive, in my opinion, personally.
Yeah, back then my fat PS3 YLOD on me and I was skeptical to buy the second ps3 and then I finally bought the 500mb PS3. But since I am a BIG fan of MK I may pre order this since I dont pre order alot of games. But all those new games though, uggghhh lol hard to manage money.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Do you have anything you currently want to play on it? If not, the answer is pretty simple. It'll always be beneficial to you and your wallet to wait unless there is something currently out that you want to play on it. The only reason to choose otherwise would be if you anticipated that there is going to be a shortage in the hardware when the game you want comes out (Mad Catz Fight Sticks come to mind). I honestly don't see that happening with PS4 or XB1 though.
I currently want to play Watch Dogs, since that is fun as hell (Spider Tank was awesome.) I already got GTA V on the PS3 so I wont probably buy that again. Outlast is pretty good and so is The Evil Within and Murder Soul Suspect, BF4 etc. Speaking of MB Idk why ppl watch Netflix on their consules since they already have a TVa nd get netflix on there lol but to each their own. I just want to know if anyone has had problems with their PS4 yet.

STRYKIE

360 has Mortal Kombat 9. Obviously they want to focus and make the next game the very best it can be, hence why they are making it strictly for next gen consoles.

Be happy a version is even coming in the first place for the 360/PS3 consoles. Casual gamers will be able to enjoy the story too.
I wasn't complaining. I approve of NRS using the PS4 as the lead platform. Usually the differences in versions are pretty meagre for MK games but I can't see a port outsourced to another developer on last gen hardware boding too well.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"

Ooooo kinda shots fired dont ya think? lol

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
WTF, anyone else see in Maxie's vid Scorpion has a Mileena teleport kick Scorpion summon? lol...

Kind of surprised NRS didn't make MK X for the Wii U, I mean obviously if they're making it for PS3 and Xbox 360...both of which aren't as powerful as the Wii U, but the Wii U isn't as powerful as Xbox One and PS 4....

Maybe in a way it's better, especially since Ed confirmed a different team, what the B team is in charge of the last gen consoles? lol

Looks like I'm getting an Xbox one, but will wait til later this year 100 dollar price drop. I don't care much for Kinect, if i want motion games I'll play Wii which I do already for certain games. And My Xbox for other games. That is all.

Last edited: