What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Paulo I have noticed since the update yesterday it seems choppier in general as well. No specific moves or characters seem to be causing this. I don't know if you guys adjusted any of the settings to try to tweak it or test it but I am just comparing it to how it was before the update. Just for reference the ping in these matches was in between 75-150ish and it seemed to be choppy or skipping frames much more often then before the update
Ye same story with me. Wasnt messing up my inputs just was really visually choppy with slowdown like if was playing vs someone that was using wireless in old netcode. Alot more frame skips than the other updates aswell.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Hmm, I'm not too fond of the new breaker taking both players' stamina as it kills momentum a lot and I think the breaker itself already kills enough momentum as is (I'm not a fan of combobreakers/bursts in general). I would've preferred maybe a less expensive block-breaker with some cool-down on the defender's stamina bar regeneration rate, but with the nerfs seemingly geared towards much less tight block pressure, I think the stamina bar loss for opening someone up is a bit much.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Ah well guess I wasn't the only one then. Last night I played a really good Kotal Player for like 30 minutes. I was using GM Sub and sometimes my inputs wouldn't register, even if I was doing like a f4,2 into iceclone setup, for example. Same thing with Shinnok. I couldn't get anything to come out at times.

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
Ah well guess I wasn't the only one then. Last night I played a really good Kotal Player for like 30 minutes. I was using GM Sub and sometimes my inputs wouldn't register, even if I was doing like a f4,2 into iceclone setup, for example. Same thing with Shinnok. I couldn't get anything to come out at times.
Same here

Played about an hour and a half today. I'm using mileena piercing and it feels about the same as yesterday. I go for pings under 100ms only and always end up with someone who jumps from 90ms to 300ms in a split second causing lag. The screen is very choppy as well on the training stage for me anyway. My biggest issue is slow down when i do a wake up attack. It makes me drop my punishes that I like to use such as wake up ex roll j2 b12 stab.

Death

Noob
Just played @Death and the connection was pretty good! It was around 180ms if I'm not mistaken, we had a few hiccups here and there, but the matches were definitely playable!
GGs, man! Great Cage and great throw mixups, keep it up!

Now, something I didn't understand was this:

What the hell happened?? :confused::confused::confused::confused:
Yeah ggs man. The connection was playable and way better than the old netcode but I noticed since all the characters got added it had so many weird hiccups and seemed very buggy. I noticed that in our matches a bit.

My bad, it is still works on the second hit of 21122 string on block. Also there's another string that it works on block. He still got nerfed though with small buffs (denerf d1 7f). Check out Reo's video with sonicfox they explain it better.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Not to be a stickler, but the beta update rolled out 48 hrs ago for the Playstation 4. The Xbox One has yet to receive the update. I wonder what is taking so long?

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Two bugs that I have experienced multiple times:
- Distorted camera angle: the camera starts following one character all over the place, and when they jump it looks at the top of the screen and you can't even see the ground. Pretty dizzying to watch/play.
- Kitana does her X-ray and the blue particles that come out during the X-ray stay on screen for the rest of the match, including both rounds, and even during the win pose of the winner I can still see it

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Yeah. It's not as smooth as it was when the beta first came out, but hopefully they'll get that resolved before they implement the new netcode in the game. It seems like the more people they add to the beta the worse it gets, but I hope it has nothing to do with that or that won't be good news come March 1st.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
if you knock your opponent down in the corner you cant run over the top of them to try reverse inputs anymore, it just puts you in the corner

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Spamming confirmed as legitimate word and tactic in MKX by the actual dev team who implemented the game.
Eat it "zoning" elitists.
We all spam combos, blockstrings, X-Ray's, d3xxxf4SoulBall, B1 command throws, teabags, words, and even breathing.

It's nothing new, some just need to stop at least one of those. Guess which?

No your wrong. Why would you want someone to stop breathing? Jesus...

Skedar70

Noob
Ok I had a weird issue yesterday with the controller configuration. I configured my controller using R1 to block instead of the default R2. I was playing kung jin, ancestral in the market(don't think any of this is necessary). I got a private message from the guy I was playing so I press the playstation home button to navigate to check the message. I then go back to the game and the controller configuration is back to default. I finished my match with R2 as the block button and then pressed the playstation home button again to check another message and when I came back R1 was back as the block button. Other than this I have been playing almost(some occasional ping spikes) perfectly fine with a 3mb wireless internet from Nicaragua(I almost never played the previous netcode because it was like playing underwater before it disconnected).

Status
Not open for further replies.