What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Ok I had a weird issue yesterday with the controller configuration. I configured my controller using R1 to block instead of the default R2. I was playing kung jin, ancestral in the market(don't think any of this is necessary). I got a private message from the guy I was playing so I press the playstation home button to navigate to check the message. I then go back to the game and the controller configuration is back to default. I finished my match with R2 as the block button and then pressed the playstation home button again to check another message and when I came back R1 was back as the block button. Other than this I have been playing almost(some occasional ping spikes) perfectly fine with a 3mb wireless internet from Nicaragua(I almost never played the previous netcode because it was like playing underwater before it disconnected).
Same happened to me yesterday but today it got back to my customized configurations, it was weird lol.

ForeverStrange

Silent_pro13
I had a glitch happen today where both characters locked up. I threw a sai and they hit me with the tree branch right before the sai hit them.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I've actually had a couple of desyncs since I got beta 1.03. I've also noticed that during the challenge screen when I'm searching for an opponent, it will say I have something like 60ms ping to the opponent, but then during the fight it'll fluctuate around 100ms. Thought that was odd.
Same. When I find someone to play with their ping is less than 100. But during the match it jumps around from 100-200 ping. I really think it most likely them using wifi or running multiple wifi devices while playing.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Abso-fucking-lutely

I got excited when I got the update only to be disappointed when I noticed Sonya moved 4 years into the past whenever I pressed a button. Left after my first and only set with Tagkillo(can't find his TYM) and I don't plan to touch that shit ever again 'til it goes back.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I'm sure they will fix it

But I'm hoping they didn't give themselves too short of a deadline

I would honestly wait an extra month or more for them to get it back to its previous state (before this update) with all its content and player base

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
Please share the love. if I end up getting into the beta down the line I will do the same. ( although at this point i would say the magic 8 ball would read outlook not so good)

This is a thread for people to share extra beta codes with people, myself included. Obviously.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Just played Scar a couple of hours ago for a while who lives in Texas, matched with one of my training buds for a while Whi lives nearby, and the connection was great with the occasional spike every few games that last about 2 seconds. Couldn't ask for more.

Played a few randoms and the connection was from very good to very bad.

I really think it's the quality of connections at this point. As long as you aren't playing from Asia to America and both have good connections I feel it would be fine. People take it for granted thinking two wifi streaming warriors are supposed to have flawless netcode but that isn't the case a lot of times.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
Hitting Combos are easier but the frames are off when it comes to offense and defense. Im hitting people point blank with JC d4 and there counter poking with there d4 before my f3 comes out?? No sir. Im not sure if that the catch up? Maybe i need to input something like that a one motion instead of waiting to see it hit? Either way the netcode is better but still has a ways to go. Im enjoying the character/game changes more than anything. Hope some of them stay.

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Hitting Combos are easier but the frames are off when it comes to offense and defense. Im hitting people point blank with JC d4 and there counter poking with there d4 before my f3 comes out?? No sir. Im not sure if that the catch up? Maybe i need to input something like that a one motion instead of waiting to see it hit? Either way the netcode is better but still has a ways to go. Im enjoying the character/game changes more than anything. Hope some of them stay.
That's some serious rollback you're getting.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
That's some serious rollback you're getting.
Yea. Its been super frustrating. and everyone one here keeps saying how good the code it is is breaking my heart because im just not feeling it. Im not going to write it off yet and say maybe its my connection. So far im not a fan..........yet.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Seems similar for me today as well -- lowered framerate etc. I thought maybe it was just me, but from what I'm seeing here, thats not the case. Will check tomorrow to see if it's the same (noticed it most when fighting against Reptile, with Takeda. Both on the Forest stage, and the other non-training stage).

Redux

Ex Phase
the netcode is pretty amazing. Even some connections below or around 200 ping can feel good. I'm really glad NRS decided to do this and I hope ESL get's a S3 so we can likely see even better high level play.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
great games today on the beta, any ping under 100 really is flawless to play. Ran into a bug on the dead woods mos ermac vs wrestler jax, 3rd round the camera zoomed out much further than usual. didnt affect the gameplay at all though

Skedar70

Noob
Ok so I got the R1 block button reverted to R2 again. This time it happened during a ping spike. The game got laggy and suddently I couldn't block. Then I press R2 and noticed that my button configuration was changed again and my block button now was R2. PS4

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Hey TYM, Tile here, just wondering exactly what the community thinks on the new balance changes as a whole. I had a VERY positive outlook on all changes until the most recent update, but now I'm shitting bricks about how the balance in the game is truly gonna go.

I like all system changes, they were for the best. However, I'm getting worried about specific characters getting over-buffed. Scorpion is most likely gonna rocket into top tier, along with D'vorah, Ferra/Torr and maybe even Kano, while the existing top tiers are being reduced to mid tier. I feel they should have chose one or the other, nerf top tiers or buff low tiers, not both x10.

I'm glad the likes of Quan and Lao were nerfed, they definitely needed it, but I scratch my head when characters like Liu and Johnny remain ridiculous and others have just been steroid buffed into s tier. Is this really balance?

I know there's still a short time left till the end of the beta and these changes becoming official, but id just like to gauge the communities opinion in the changes as a whole.

P.S: This isn't a whining for buffs, nerfs, or whatever kinda thread, just curious what people think as of now.

Edit: I did derp on the poll. Point still stands though.

Last edited:

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I think it's a little early to say D'Vorah and Scorpion are S tier. Remember the response after Kenshi's first big patch ("he was overbuffed, he's top 3 now etc").

Let's just play the game for a while (with the final set patch notes/adjustments) before we jump to conclusions about the changes.
Thank you! Peoples immediate response to large buffs is "they're broke now!"

Status
Not open for further replies.