What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Dark

Noob
Summary for those that didn't get Issue 2:

The issue starts off with the section that was previewed. Fox and Takeda are facing eachother in a training exercise and Fox easily wins. Immediately after, we come back to them "years later" in the same situation. Fox wins again and Scorpion lectures Takeda on not playing around and using his speed to his advantage. Fox stands up for him, which causes Scorpion to give Fox the task of protecting Takeda from the coming threat. As he accepts this job.. he hears a strange voice in his head, claiming to be "his own thoughts in his own head".

Scorpion had received an unexpected and unwelcome visitor earlier that day, Raiden. He mentions Scorpion still safeguarding the dagger that Raiden gave to him, it looks like it could be another kamidogu. Raiden is there to warn him of a threat. "The Netherrealm invasion damaged cosmic barriers that protect earth from realms beyond. Before I could repair them, something broke through. A powerful demon from another realm." This being apparently wants to destroy earth's champions (Scorpion, Johnny, and Sonya are included among them.) Raiden mentions there being far fewer of them than there used to be, and Scorpion blames Raiden for it. He leaves to warn the others. "He's a liar and a fool, but when Raiden pays you a visit.. People are going to die.

Fox is to protect Takeda, and both are to kill this demon before it kills them, should they need to. They are surrounded by an army of assassins, and safe as they can be.

Fox is awoken by the voice in his mind. "Fulfill the blood code". He is instructed to pick up the dagger(kamidogu?) and mutilate his face. "The flesh is a lie, the blood code is truth". He wakes up Takeda and puts the dagger to his throat. His face is completely peeled off(Meat style). It's revealed that he murdered the rest of the Shirai Ryu, as they all lay around them, dead. He will take Takeda to Hanzo and show him that he is not afraid of death.

Next issue starts with Takeda breaking his grasp, disarming him, and saying CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, FOREST FOX!

Well...there goes another Shirai Ryu. You know what happens now! Hanzo regresses. At least they disproved my theory that Scorp would move on to the next world if he ever got over his clan dying.

Let the record show Fox killed all those dudes in the room without even waking the kid...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Next issue starts with Takeda breaking his grasp, disarming him, and saying CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, FOREST FOX!

Well...there goes another Shirai Ryu. You know what happens now! Hanzo regresses. At least they disproved my theory that Scorp would move on to the next world if he ever got over his clan dying.

Let the record show Fox killed all those dudes in the room without even waking the kid...
Well he is a ninja assassin.

wtf... why does ComiXology not release this midnight EST? Which provider is releasing it on time?
Google play does.
---

Forrest is pretty good at speaking despite not having any fucking lips, lol

He just got a whole a lot more interesting, regardless

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So who the fuck could this evil mind controlling voice belong to?

I have two guesses.

1. A chaosrealmer.

2. Skarlet? Out of left-field I know, but she's all about blood and gore so maybe?

Sure as hell ain't Onaga this time.

If it's someone new they better have a good explanation as to why they didn't appear in the previous timeline but somehow appear now.

Slymind

Noob
I wonder if Fox's mind control happened due the Dagger's presence or if there is more to his persona than meets the eye, i wonder who this demon is, Kotal Kahn seems unlikely, he seems more of warlord, than a mind controller/schemer, and this being seems to be from a unknown realm, regarless i think Quan Chi is involved in this. In Quan Chi's reveal it is said that his schemes are now fully realized, so the Nethrealm invasion might be just another step to his plans.

Poor Fox, hopefully he can be restored.

Hehateme

Noob
Kotal Kahn has a variation called Blood God. Maybe the demon is whoever he prays to
Really?.. Same outfit as his concept art with slight modifications and looks almost exactly like him. Who is it suppose to be then?
That's not the same outfit. He doesn't have a Scorpion logo or have a mask. Plus his skin tone is darker

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Why the fuck did Raiden even give Scorpion a dagger to just look after anyway?!

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
I wonder if Fox's mind control happened due the Dagger's presence or if there is more to his persona than meets the eye, i wonder who this demon is, Kotal Kahn seems unlikely, he seems more of warlord, than a mind controller/schemer, and this being seems to be from a unknown realm, regarless i think Quan Chi is involved in this. In Quan Chi's reveal it is said that his schemes are now fully realized, so the Nethrealm invasion might be just another step to his plans.

Poor Fox, hopefully he can be restored.
you dont typically come back from that, if you're lucky someone can reedem and kill you before you do something even worse. hate non-consenual possessions as i just feel so bad for the characters who were doing fine then bam! fuck your life,poor fox

i dont see this being the work of a chaosrealmer simply because i dont see any reason they would worship blood, far too orderly for them.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Meat confirmed.
If this is true then that's a helluva good way to re-introduce the character.

Kotal Kahn has a variation called Blood God. Maybe the demon is whoever he prays to

That's not the same outfit. He doesn't have a Scorpion logo or have a mask. Plus his skin tone is darker
What are you talking about? When they revealed the character that was one of the images first shown of him.

It doesn't look like him in the comics because it's more than likely just concept art.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I don't think anyone understood my question...why did Raiden give Scorpion a random dagger to look after? Not why did Raiden give Scorpion in particular a dagger, just why did he give him a random dagger?

Dark

Noob
I don't think anyone understood my question...why did Raiden give Scorpion a random dagger to look after? Not why did Raiden give Scorpion in particular a dagger, just why did he give him a random dagger?
Might've given a kamidogu dagger to each of earth realms protectors to guard...Or Raiden is being an ass and trying to get scorpions clan killed

Either way works