What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Andromeda

I am Bard
A weird thing to see but I agree, cutting his face off looks cool. Can't wait to see what they have next, but I must say, Takeda is a heavy sleeper if he slept through all the slaughter. Not a single sound woke up him?

Also, I'm intrigued that Frost is going to make an appearance in a future comic, crossing my fingers that they don't kill her. Guess they're trying to bring the whole Frost/Sonya thing to life just with Cassie? Meh.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
A weird thing to see but I agree, cutting his face off looks cool. Can't wait to see what they have next, but I must say, Takeda is a heavy sleeper if he slept through all the slaughter. Not a single sound woke up him?

Also, I'm intrigued that Frost is going to make an appearance in a future comic, crossing my fingers that they don't kill her. Guess they're trying to bring the whole Frost/Sonya thing to life just with Cassie? Meh.
Frost? Where'd you hear that?

Also, that bitch is deader than a bag of dicks.

I have a feeling that any post-mk4 characters that show up in the comic are going to die super hard and/or are not going to be playable in the game.

I just pray none of my favorites show up unless they have a role that doesn't auto-disconfirm them from the game.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Nah... ole girl done before she started. Hsu Hao status.

Her shit's just too similar to Sub-zero; same reason I don't think Johnny or Sonya should be in MKX. Keep it fresh, ya'll
Of course her shit is just too similar to Sub-Zero, aside from being her master, Frost is his freakin sistaa brah!

:DOGE

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
After the events of MK9, NRS should have really retired Sub-Zero. One became Noob, one became a cyborg. Just leave it at that. Frost should have taken over as the Lin Kuei representative for this game, IMO. Maybe update her look to something a bit more fitting. I look at this character from the flick Centurion, and I get a Frost-like vibe...

Alec

Noob
NO. JUST NO.

What the hell guys, retiring Sub-Zero??? I don't even know what to say to that. No respect for the classics.
I'm not a hater, I'm not a Frost fan particularly, but I can see that it sucks for her fans if she gets killed. However, don't you go taking out your frustration on Sub-Zero, he should not be retired, neither should Frost REPLACE him. I wouldn't mind if they were both in though.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
NO. JUST NO.

What the hell guys, retiring Sub-Zero??? I don't even know what to say to that. No respect for the classics.
I'm not a hater, I'm not a Frost fan particularly, but I can see that it sucks for her fans if she gets killed. However, don't you go taking out your frustration on Sub-Zero, he should not be retired, neither should Frost REPLACE him. I wouldn't mind if they were both in though.
So killing him, bringing him back, killing him, turning him into a demon, turning him into a cyborg, killing him, turning him into a cyborg undead servant...THIS is respecting the characters? Mortal Kombat is a fighting game where the characters die. It's in the games story, it's DNA. Fans say "I love the story...best story of any fighting game ever!!!" But when it comes time to move on from story-related death, "Fuck no! Can't leave out Sub-Zero!!!! Let's accept another carbon copy OR bring the old ones back to life somehow." And NRS obliges. After 9 games, why can't people pass the torch? Bury Bi-Han's Sub-Zero, bury Kuai Liang's Sub-Zero. Lin Kuei - Give us something new!

Alec

Noob
So killing him, bringing him back, killing him, turning him into a demon, turning him into a cyborg, killing him, turning him into a cyborg undead servant...THIS is respecting the characters? Mortal Kombat is a fighting game where the characters die. It's in the games story, it's DNA. Fans say "I love the story...best story of any fighting game ever!!!" But when it comes time to move on from story-related death, "Fuck no! Can't leave out Sub-Zero!!!! Let's accept another carbon copy OR bring the old ones back to life somehow." And NRS obliges. After 9 games, why can't people pass the torch? Bury Bi-Han's Sub-Zero, bury Kuai Liang's Sub-Zero. Lin Kuei - Give us something new!
IT'S A FIGHTING GAME!!!! @Swindle
I do believe that Mortal Kombat has one of the best, if not THE best, fighting game story, but honestly, I can't understand how some believe that story would be the defining factor of a fighting game. Popular characters will not die permanently in a fighting game, not now, not ever. Not as long as they're POPULAR characters at least.
We've had MK3 and SF3 as examples of that.

I am not going to argue if Sub-Zero as a character has been respected or not, however, you took the matter to this direction, this is not my point and not what I was talking about in my previous post.
You guys, are not pleased that Frost is, likely, about to be killed. You're not pleased that they might put some characters in front of her, and that she might not get the respect she deserves, I UNDERSTAND THAT. What I don't understand, is you doing the exact same thing to Sub-Zero.
If you are not happy because Frost might get killed, how could you think people would just be fine if Sub-Zero died? It's true Sub-Zero has been on much more games than Frost, but, whether you like it or not, it's because he also has a much bigger fanbase. So, it's normal that Sub-Zero fans would not be pleased if he was dissed for a replacement. Cyber SZ was proof of that. Even being the same "person", he was not the same character.

I also like a lot of characters from the MK4/ DA/ Deception era that might not get a good treatment, and I'm not happy about that either. But I do not want to discuss "this character is best than that character", because I think that would be not respecting other people's preferences, and thinking mine are better, it'd be just doing the same thing that was done to me.
I think we should respect fanbases, so I don't appreciate NRS just killing less popular characters on the comics, even those I am not a fan of. I just don't think that taking Sub-Zero out is the solution.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
IT'S A FIGHTING GAME!!!! @Swindle
I do believe that Mortal Kombat has one of the best, if not THE best, fighting game story, but honestly, I can't understand how some believe that story would be the defining factor of a fighting game. Popular characters will not die permanently in a fighting game, not now, not ever. Not as long as they're POPULAR characters at least.
We've had MK3 and SF3 as examples of that.

I am not going to argue if Sub-Zero as a character has been respected or not, however, you took the matter to this direction, this is not my point and not what I was talking about in my previous post.
You guys, are not pleased that Frost is, likely, about to be killed. You're not pleased that they might put some characters in front of her, and that she might not get the respect she deserves, I UNDERSTAND THAT. What I don't understand, is you doing the exact same thing to Sub-Zero.
If you are not happy because Frost might get killed, how could you think people would just be fine if Sub-Zero died? It's true Sub-Zero has been on much more games than Frost, but, whether you like it or not, it's because he also has a much bigger fanbase. So, it's normal that Sub-Zero fans would not be pleased if he was dissed for a replacement. Cyber SZ was proof of that. Even being the same "person", he was not the same character.

I also like a lot of characters from the MK4/ DA/ Deception era that might not get a good treatment, and I'm not happy about that either. But I do not want to discuss "this character is best than that character", because I think that would be not respecting other people's preferences, and thinking mine are better, it'd be just doing the same thing that was done to me.
I think we should respect fanbases, so I don't appreciate NRS just killing less popular characters on the comics, even those I am not a fan of. I just don't think that taking Sub-Zero out is the solution.
I'm not taking Sub-Zero out. The MK story has already done that...multiple times. I'm saying - don't bring him back again...and again...and again. When death means nothing, the story means nothing. DLC him (non-canon), whatever. But MOVE THE STORY FORWARD.

Alec

Noob
I'm not taking Sub-Zero out. The MK story has already done that...multiple times. I'm saying - don't bring him back again...and again...and again. When death means nothing, the story means nothing. DLC him (non-canon), whatever. But MOVE THE STORY FORWARD.
@Swindle What you said is a sophism. Sub-Zero has died in the story, but they never took him out of the game.
Do not imply false truths. Taking Sub-Zero out does not equal moving the story. It seems to be moving on well enough.
You speak as if Sub-Zero was the only one killed in the MK story. According to you, we would have a MK game with an almost completely new roster, because:
"When death means nothing, the story means nothing".

1 - Your Opinion

2 - Death DOES mean something in MK, it just doesn't mean what you want it to mean, or what it means in real life. But the deaths does affect the story in a lot of ways. Besides, if it means nothing, why get upset with Frost or other characters getting killed?

3 - Like I said before, It's a Fighting game 1st.

I don't understand your motivations at all, you seem more upset that Sub-Zero is in, than that Frost is out. Wanting him out, and as non-canon. I find that weird, and a little selfish.
Sub-Zero of all characters, is one of those who have ways of being in every game. Your logic would make more sense if we were talking about Liu Kang or Kung Lao, for example, and even then I wouldn't agree with you.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
@Swindle What you said is a sophism. Sub-Zero has died in the story, but they never took him out of the game.
Do not imply false truths. Taking Sub-Zero out does not equal moving the story. It seems to be moving on well enough.
You speak as if Sub-Zero was the only one killed in the MK story. According to you, we would have a MK game with an almost completely new roster, because:
"When death means nothing, the story means nothing".

1 - Your Opinion

2 - Death DOES mean something in MK, it just doesn't mean what you want it to mean, or what it means in real life. But the deaths does affect the story in a lot of ways. Besides, if it means nothing, why get upset with Frost or other characters getting killed?

3 - Like I said before, It's a Fighting game 1st.

I don't understand your motivations at all, you seem more upset that Sub-Zero is in, than that Frost is out. Wanting him out, and as non-canon. I find that weird, and a little selfish.
Sub-Zero of all characters, is one of those who have ways of being in every game. Your logic would make more sense if we were talking about Liu Kang or Kung Lao, for example, and even then I wouldn't agree with you.
*EDITED
You know, I wrote a few paragraphs explaining myself again. But if you don't understand me from what I've already posted, you never will. So I edited it into this: You're absolutely right, I'm completely in the wrong. Good night.

Last edited:

Alec

Noob
*EDITED
You know, I wrote a few paragraphs explaining myself again. But if you don't understand me from what I've already posted, you never will. So I edited it into this: You're absolutely right, I'm completely in the wrong. Good night.
Good night to you too.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I remember John Vogel calling Frost one the best characters at one point. Plus she appeared in MK9 story and that Pit stage. I hope she lives.

Of course her shit is just too similar to Sub-Zero, aside from being her master, Frost is his freakin sistaa brah!

:DOGE
They are not related. That was a big deal in the discovery of the cryomancer race.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I remember John Vogel calling Frost one the best characters at one point. Plus she appeared in MK9 story and that Pit stage. I hope she lives.

They are not related. That was a big deal in the discovery of the cryomancer race.
I'm pretty sure i've read somewhere that frost is Kuai's and Bi's little sister.