What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
In the game, that might be, and probably is, a different Subzero entirely...if it's not Bi Han. In the comic though, that Subzero gets some type of scar at the end of Chap #1, thus is why I think that one is Kuai Liang.

I preface this with saying that NRS has a history of messing around with that scar. You would think that if that was Kuai in MKX that he'd have the scar, but just like in MK Deception, they could take the scar away again for no apparent reason.
If I'm not mistaken I believe the scar faded in the 3D games once he used the Dragon Medallion, while it aged him faster it also said to heal him and make him more powerful in the process.

But I too think this Sub-Zero is different than the one in the comic hopefully Kuai Liang, or it could be him just changed...who knows lol.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Might've given a kamidogu dagger to each of earth realms protectors to guard...Or Raiden is being an ass and trying to get scorpions clan killed

Either way works
But it isn't Kamidogu, it didn't light up the way the knife Kano had did. There is literally no reason for that scene or the dagger to be introduced other than to show that Raiden and Scorpion talked.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Well Kano at the end of the first issue did confirm that the Kamidogu is involved...whether it's within the knife or not is another story.

So who the fuck could this evil mind controlling voice belong to?

I have two guesses.

1. A chaosrealmer.

2. Skarlet? Out of left-field I know, but she's all about blood and gore so maybe?

Sure as hell ain't Onaga this time.

If it's someone new they better have a good explanation as to why they didn't appear in the previous timeline but somehow appear now.

Indeed my theories as well lol. Except possibly Kotal Kahn but doubtful, only cause the blood code gig going on. It would be something else if it was Havik and they confirmed Havik was a demon who possessed someone because in the original timeline we never really see Havik's origins how he got that way lol. Who knows...

At any rate, awesome issue anyone else get creeped out disturbed by Fox cutting off his own face? lol Talk about pulling a Joker haha but worse imo.

Dark

Noob
But it isn't Kamidogu, it didn't light up the way the knife Kano had did. There is literally no reason for that scene or the dagger to be introduced other than to show that Raiden and Scorpion talked.
I think it is. I don't think they'd introduce two similarly looking apparently sacred daggers back to back without them being related.

Also I was wrong about the Fox art I guess, but they look extremely similar https://mobile.twitter.com/kittelsen/status/554362530093465600

trufenix

bye felicia
I don't think anyone understood my question...why did Raiden give Scorpion a random dagger to look after? Not why did Raiden give Scorpion in particular a dagger, just why did he give him a random dagger?
It's not random it's either a Kamidogu (maybe they've been rebooted into things and not just glowing shapes) or at least tied to one since the last time we saw it, Kano was stabbing Sub Zero in the face with it and saying he was now gonna learn about the Kamidogu's curse.

Obviously Sub (or somebody, since you know, face stabbing) ultimately got it to Raiden, who gave it to Scorpion to keep safe because really, who the hell else in Earthrealm would you trust with a magic cursed knife? The special forces is like the first place the Red Dragon you'd go looking it, the White Lotus are dead, and Scorpion pretty obviously face turned during or after the NEtherrealm war. I mean the guy is an unkillable ninja warrior.

Edit: Upon review, they are definitely different daggers. So, either the artist made a mistake or there are multiple creepy possessed knives in earthrealm

Last edited:

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I wonder how many daggers are out there and what happened to Kano.

I'm thinking Shinnok is the true mastermind like in MKA.

trufenix

bye felicia
I wonder how many daggers are out there and what happened to Kano.

I'm thinking Shinnok is the true mastermind like in MKA.
Shinnok's plot was the Netherrealm War, and it sounds like he blew it.

I think the more interesting question is who in MKX is going to wield knives besides Kano.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Shinnok's plot was the Netherrealm War, and it sounds like he blew it.

I think the more interesting question is who in MKX is going to wield knives besides Kano.
I'm Thinking that was in part due to Quan Chi's betrayal, as his schemes are fully realized...what ever that means. And with his ties to the Red Dragon, I could see them collecting the daggers for something.

... Shinnok probably has Daegon in the know to a certain extent.

Just speculating...

MCPeePants

Bout it
Notice the pommel of the "Kano" dagger. Definitely a scorpion stinger, similar to one of the Kamidogu in the original series:

I'm trying to find a similarity in the "Fox" dagger...

Ac3s777

Noob
that could explain how the other releams get involved with earthreleam and outworld so mabye we will see havik and houtaro

Just never found him interesting.

And before anyone says Cyrax, he's a yellow robot now, so yeah.
Hey, if Michael Jackson was still black after all he went through, Cyrax's changes are nothing. I'm sure all them rhinoplasties counted as some form of robotization...