Cages_Shades from MKO
Johnny Cage - A-list
Liu Kang - Flame Fist
Takeda - Lasher

...and Reiko if he's unlockable

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
Shinnok - All three.

Since the reveal I haven't wanted to play anyone else.

In igau I played Supes until 1.06, then switched to WW.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
God I have no idea. Sun God Kotal, Liu Kang, Goro, Jason, Predator, Necromancer Shinnok, Raiden.....this game could present a serious character crisis and I'm usually pretty good for picking my main and sticking to him even when he's awful

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
Sub Zero- Cryomancer, Grandmaster, Unbreakable.

Liu Kang: Flame Fist, Duelist, Dragon's Fire

Takeda: Shirai Ryu, Lasher, Ronin.

And many more haha but these are the 3 I really wanna start with and learn each of their variations.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Out of all of the characters you've eyed up so far, who are you looking to main first? What I am getting at is "which character will you end up with?".

I really like Shinnok and plan to play him first, but I am also really liking Erron Black. I love Western stuff, so his Gunslinger variation has me very curious. Regardless, the idea is to post in this thread NOW and then post AGAIN when you have your hands on the game and you realized another said character fits you better.

So again, for me:
Shinnok - Necromancer
Erron Black - Gunslinger

if there's a thread for this already, please link me.
The Shaolin Monks
Kung Jin
Liu Kang
Kung Lao

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Ok, here are the characters I am interested in trying out so far are with the variations in order from most interested in to least.

Mileena
Variations
1.) Ethereal: Teleport setups look fun and useful
2.) Ravenous: High low command grabs looks strong combined with the rest of Mileena's tools
3.) Piercing: Zoning tools and increase sai damage sound like they might be really good early in the game

Ferra Torr
Variations
1.) Vicious: Boss toss like a boss :cool:
2.) Ruthless: Increase Torr damage sounds like it could be really good
3.) Lackey: This variation is last on my list because Ferra isn't with Torr :(

Shinnok
Variations
1.) Imposter: Special steel move looks like a very creative and interesting tool
2.) Necromancer: Zoning tools look really good
3.) Bone Shaker: Least interesting variation for Shinnok for me but still cool

Sub-Zero
Variations
1.) Grandmaster: To me Ice Clone is the most bad ass and useful special move in fighting game history...period.
2.) Unbreakable: Ice armor sounds like it will be good for patient play and parry looks it will be good for countering certain strings.
3.) Cryomancer: Run down Sub-Zero sounds cool.... :cool:

Tremor
Variations?

Goro
Variations?

wselak

Noob
mileena- ravenous
quan chi- i kinda like them all
then i want to learn a big character like tremor or jason.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Predator - any variation
Sub Zero - Cryomancer
Kung Lao - Buzz saw
Raiden - Displacer
and the list goes on and on :).

WATCHD0G

Noob
Erron Black - Gunslinger
Liu Kang - Dualist

i'm also interested in Takeda and Kotal Khan.

I NEED to have a pocket Shinnok for one reason and one reason only, THAT PIMP HAND X-Ray

beep_ima_sheep

RIP Smoke
Liu Kang really impressed me and the combo fanatic in me has me ancy to use him. I'm praying for Sub to be good, but gameplay I've seen makes it look like his iceball has really slow start up, which makes me nervous.

Outta the gate, lookin put the most effort into:
Liu
Sub
KL
Takeda
Black
Kenshi
Displacer Raiden

Want to feel them out, see what their normals are like. Big part for me is enjoying the combos, both visually and how to pull them off (always hated those :d:l:r inputs like Frost/Shazam had). Right now I really want to say Kang is lookin like the best overall package for me, but time will tell

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Erron Black - All variations
Kitana - All variations
Cassie - All variations
But I can't wait to use her Spec Ops variation for her salut taunt that actually did a little bit of damage when it made contact on the Kombat Kast.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Day 1 grinding, most likely main'ing = Kenshi.

Also part of Team Day 1 is MoS and Mystic Ermac, Jacqui, Takeda in Ryu and Lasher, Nercromancer Shinnok, and Marksmen Erron.

Kung Jin and Cassie will get looked at.

I don't play more than 2 characters so the chopping block will trim fast.

EDIT: Oh yea, and how could I forget. Checking Reptile's Nimble asap to see if it really regenerates every 4 seconds like on the stream. If it does...

Last edited: