What's new

MKX @ Brasil Game Show (October 8th - 12th) - Ed Boon is coming! WOOT

huh

Noob
Hey Poto, here is one question regarding the dash/run/block mechanics:

I know that you press f, f and R2 to run. And I know that now you cannot cancel the dash with block. But here are some questions:

- Do you have to ff, hold f and press R2 to run? If you release f and then press R2 the run still comes out or the dash happens and then the block comes?

If you have to hold f and press R2 in order to run, it I think it would be better than the other way. Because then, if you want to dash and immediately block after the dash, you could release f and press R2 anytime during the dash and the run would not come out and you'll be blocking when the dash animation ends. And if you want to run, you would hold f while pressing R2. That would make it easier to make clear commands, with practice, and no timing issues to worry about. But, if it's the other way, if you run even when you release f and press R2 during the dash, that''s trickier and you could run by accident trying to block after the dash ... So, if you could clarify it I think it would help understand how much timing is or isn't required to deal with the whole dash/run/block thing.

- the run can be activated anytime during the dash? Even at the very end of it, just before we stop dashing? Or it is a thing that just works within a time frame shorter than the dash duration? How short? Untill the middle of the dash? 3/4?

-------------

Em português:

Tenta verificar, por favor, se pra correr você precisa apertar o block enquanto segura o direcional no f (tipo, ff (segura f) + block) ou se a corrida acontece mesmo se você soltar o f e apertar R2, enquanto o dash estiver ativo. O que eu quero descobrir é se dá para fazer o dash com ff, soltar o direcional, e depois apertar o R2, e isso não gerar a corrida e daí vir o block no final do dash). Se for assim, seria bem mais fácil de se adaptar a esse novo elemento. Mas, caso a corrida aconteça sempre que você apertar R2 durante o dash, mesmo você soltando o direcional, daí complica mais pra pegar o timing da coisa e é capaz de você correr sem querer, tentando fazer o block no final do dash, se você apertar cedo demais o R2. Não sei se deu pra entender..

E também saber se a corrida acontece se você apertar R2 a qualquer momento do dash, desde o começo dele até o finalzinho, ou se tem uma janela de tempo (por exemplo, até o meio do dash) que você tem que apertar o R2 depois de ff, pra corrida sair.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ask him what are the chances of Ermac or Fujin being in MK X?

I can't think of any gameplay questions that haven't been asked already lol.

I'd like to know who the hell Sub-Zero is, but I know we won't learn that til possibly after the game comes out or little before(Maybe lol)

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
Could you please find out if they are going to fix things like when the announcer doesn't say FIGHT! after the second round onwards. As of now the announcer only says it with Round 1.

Also the word FATALITY is said before the characters' name. It should be the old way, like example Subzero wins... Fatality. Now he says Fatality.. Subzero wins.

DominicanAddy94

I'm on PSN
Could you please find out if they are going to fix things like when the announcer doesn't say FIGHT! after the second round onwards. As of now the announcer only says it with Round 1.

Also the word FATALITY is said before the characters' name. It should be the old way, like example Subzero wins... Fatality. Now he says Fatality.. Subzero wins.
That bothers me as well. It seems simple enough to fix at least.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Plllllllleassseeeee ask this I've been asking since the first expo:

Ask one of the developers if most, if not all, characters have far'ish reaching quick attacks that would help footsies. Also ask how they think the inclusion of the improved walk speed and running will effect the footsie game.

Thank you T_T

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
- Maximillian said SZ can freeze his opponent twice in one combo in at least one of his variations by doing regular ice blast and EX ice blast. Please confirm.

- Are full chain combos still uncancellable into specials? Also, D1/D4 cancel into specials - only viable with fast (EX) specials or also others e.g. Scorpion's spear?

- Does Scorpion's Hell Ball have the same effects when fully charged since it does not give hard knockdown? Is it perhaps unblockable?

- Overall impressions on Quan Chi and his variations please.

Thanks in advance and enjoy your time with MKX

Jordy

Noob
please record all the xrays and the fatalities. we wanna see a better quality scorpion's fatality

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Plllllllleassseeeee ask this I've been asking since the first expo:

Ask one of the developers if most, if not all, characters have far'ish reaching quick attacks that would help footsies. Also ask how they think the inclusion of the improved walk speed and running will effect the footsie game.

Thank you T_T
huh? Do you mean advancing normals and etc.? I noticed from the vids that most variations with weapons gave more reach. Like Scorpions sword variation or Kano's. Increasing the walk speed simply improves the footsie game(easier whiff punishing).

trufenix

bye felicia
In the summoner stance of Quan Chi, does the hell bat work like Zods trait?
When summoned, it last a few seconds, or until he gets hit, or until he uses it. So no, almost nothing like Zod's trait. It has hella start up, but it was confirmed you can get one in for free on trance, so it can be used as a combo eater or a set up after a knockdown.

trufenix

bye felicia
There is no part of the dash that is block cancellable or will not trigger a run if block is pressed. None. If you dash, consider yourself completely unsafe. You can however cancel dash into run into special or a string if you have the stamina.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I have a couple of questions:
1) WHO IS THE MAN BEHIND SUBZERO'S MASK ( We need to hear all the dialogue between Sub and Quan)
2) Is Raiden's teleport a universal special move for all variations?
3) Are JIKs combo starters? ( without knockdown, like how JIPS worked in mk9)
4) Is Kotal Kahn as badass as he seems so far?

Thank you very much, enjoy your time there
2) tele and superman are universal to all of Raiden's variations... This we found out already...

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26

http://www.brasilgameshow.com.br/sou-visitante/programacao/personalidades

HELL YEAH! I'll get the chance to play MKX for the very first time AND meet Mr. Boon himself. I've been waiting this weekend for so long, it's not even funny.

But, the reason why I started this thread is to ask TYM something:

Is there anything you guys want to know about the game, gameplay-wise?

Sadly, I'll only be there on Thursday and Sunday (freaking expensive tickets ¬¬), but I'll be there exclusively for MKX, so I won't leave the line to check any other games.
That said, I want to cover everything (gameplay-wise) that hasn't been made clear/well explained even after all these expos around the world. And I need your help to cover as much as possible, since I haven't been checking TYM in quite a while. (damn you, Destiny)

Regarding Kotal Kahn, have those Totems been figured out already? I have no clue what they do, so I'll certainly be checking it out.

BTW, apparently the @ETC guys (namely @ETC Mcfly) will be attending too! So y'all can expect some info on the game from them also.

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Please test "Standing 1's" (jabs) as anti-air's ....