What's new

MK9 PC Online Mode Experiences

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Mk9 now out on steam for PC! Im making my purchase later today.
Would like for everyone who has it to post their online results.

Good? Bad? Better than console version? I sure hope so!!!

Tell us all!

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Just got my PC parts in today to finish making my new one. Should be getting it in a few days. Doubt I'll play online atm except maybe to test it but I think the fact that most people play on wired connections to their PC should alone help it be better than xbl/psn

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Per a tweet from Arturo:

"Played my first match of mk9 online for pc. It felt decent for sure. No gamespy and I could land all my stuff. And looks amazing. #mk9"

Might be a good sign. Even if it's the current version, if the online experience is any better than on the console then I am sold. Plus what Dizzy said: more PC version players = more opponents using wired connections. That's never a bad thing.

I played one match and it was pretty good.

But that's all I played since I can't get diagonal input directions working for my stick... have no issues with SF4 or SFxT.

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
Apparently he has godlike connection and all other fighting games he's streamed work fine online.

I'll take his word for it.

Wired/wireless doesn't make a difference for me. Not that I've had that much of an abysmal experience with mk9 online on the consoles to where every match I play is unplayable as people make it out to be.

Arturo said he landed all his stuff in his first online match. Well I've played games like that on the console version lol. We'll see if it's consistent or not.

ryublaze

Noob
It should be faster than on PS3 cuz I think PS3 slows down ur internet a bit. I tried watching E3 on my PS3 and my stream lagged but on my laptop which also has wireless connection was fine. Also the guy he was playing might've had a bad connection.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Are Smoke's resets still in the game? Sure, I am a scumbag but need to know if I have to switch to Sonya full time.

Scumbag out

the game was just ported by another company not nrs.. so they wouldnt apply a patch

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I don't have the $$$ to buy MK9PC yet, but I hope that you don't gotta have that Arturo fiber to have a decent match online.

Next paycheck I'm ordering a non-360 pad for my PC and getting MK9, provided between now and then something doesn't come out deterring me.

webreg

Noob
Well, the PC version will have one thing for sure. Cheaters and hackers. I can probably write you a bot that plays for you or make you invulnerable. Or less obvious stuff that your opponent wouldn't even notice. Anyway, all I want is to say that you really shouldn't buy MKKE only for online play because sooner or later the experience will be worse than on console. It happened to every other PC fighting game so there is no reason to expect any different this time.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Well all of the cutscene files are in there... but everything else is in a .xxx file...which means that its either unrecognized by windows or its seriously a .xxx file. I will email the port developers and see if they are willing to tell me anything.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
this version, probably, will be the ultimate definitive version of this game .... the good one to use in majors now and forward

Well, the PC version will have one thing for sure. Cheaters and hackers. I can probably write you a bot that plays for you or make you invulnerable. Or less obvious stuff that your opponent wouldn't even notice. Anyway, all I want is to say that you really shouldn't buy MKKE only for online play because sooner or later the experience will be worse than on console. It happened to every other PC fighting game so there is no reason to expect any different this time.

Dude just make one that auto-calculates how to insta-uppercut all high strings and jump ins

AssassiN

Noob
Well all of the cutscene files are in there... but everything else is in a .xxx file...which means that its either unrecognized by windows or its seriously a .xxx file. I will email the port developers and see if they are willing to tell me anything.

Always been like that, those are packages containing animations and such. There is an extractor somewhere on the web that unpacks those packages for you.

The differences between the consoles and PC content is the fact that movies are .bik(while console versions are .wmv which you can just play on your computer) and the config file "Coalesced.ini" is encrypted for PC(not for the consoles).
The config file contains settings, which characters/costumes and arena's to use, fatalities, blacklisted words for chat, ...

So they took certain precautions against adding characters and such.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Just gonna put this out there...if there is a dataminer for this out that can get me a way to do model swaps I am going to fix some of the broken looking models in this game. Liu Kang is especially broken with that horrible torso of his. My copy of Maya, Zbrush, and photoshop await mod community laying the groundwork for artists.