What's new

MK9 PC Online Mode Experiences

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Just gonna put this out there...if there is a dataminer for this out that can get me a way to do model swaps I am going to fix some of the broken looking models in this game. Liu Kang is especially broken with that horrible torso of his. My copy of Maya, Zbrush, and photoshop await mod community laying the groundwork for artists.

He looks like a potato.

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
I've had weird matches. One was bad. The next was flawless. The next literally felt like my PC was running at 5 fps.

Hopefully those bad ones were the mass number of Russians.

this version, probably, will be the ultimate definitive version of this game .... the good one to use in majors now and forward
I doubt it. Go ask the Melty Blood community how difficult it is to run a game on PC. Requiring enough PCs to get the game running on optimal settings, making sure the game and the machine it's running on recognizes the controllers the players are using., etc.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I doubt it. Go ask the Melty Blood community how difficult it is to run a game on PC. Requiring enough PCs to get the game running on optimal settings, making sure the game and the machine it's running on recognizes the controllers the players are using., etc.
Yeah this will never be used at majors.

Tang94

Confirmed Seeker
From what I've played so far, the online is just as horrible as it was on console. You still feel like you're moving with weights attached to your feet; things can't be properly and consistently punished; etc. Oh well. At least we still have mods to look forward to. Particularly gameplay related ones.

MK9 PC is slightly better than the console versions IMO. Like after the first or second match it resyncs your connection for optimal quality (at least that's how it felt). And that was in the player rooms. I haven't even played a private match yet.

Take this with a grain of salt.

This was testing vs. Mikemetroid, who lives on East Coast (PENN). With me being in Midwest (WI). And I wasn't streaming.

Someone answer me this though:

Is this game still meant to play at 720p ON PC? Cuz at 1080p it looks amazing. And my game can run it full speed. But I wonder in 720p will it make the game faster and connections online after too.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
people need to take account that hardware plays a huge factor in netplay...

Ive been noticing that very open and not crazy maps (ex: Rooftop Day, The Pit) are reallllly goood to play on. (played one match with AU_IM_DIGIMON in the Soul Chamber and it SUCKED... played on Rooftop day and it was flawless)

people need to take account that hardware plays a huge factor in netplay...

Ive been noticing that very open and not crazy maps (ex: Rooftop Day, The Pit) are reallllly goood to play on. (played one match with AU_IM_DIGIMON in the Soul Chamber and it SUCKED... played on Rooftop day and it was flawless)
Does the PC version let you filter players through hardware specs like the Capcom games do?

kanaida

Kanaida (MK9 Dashboard for android)
Can someone post something useful like if gfx quality is better than Xbox etc? Load times, and all that? Actually comparisons?

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
how do we find out what our fps are while playing?
If i remember right try fraps. It gives you FPS on games and other stuff.

I need to figure out why people are hearing a mic when I have no mic connected on my pc. So far IMO its better then PS3 and xbox with netcode but I need more time to play it. I also have a crazy fast fios connection. I got 150mbs down and 90+ up. Hardware wise my pc is holding at high settings with no noticeable lag. I do agree with Mike I think people with shitty hardware running the game is causing more lag but so far I am liking it. Just wish more people were on the rooms are a ghost town.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
In an ideal PC world, if everyone ran this game on max settings and played people in the same region (at least US as one region). The netcode can really shine....

However, there are some hiccups to this and its gonna be an issue. This game plays phenomenal offline though!

okay so we want to run the game at highest settings (graphic wise)? :/

this is my first mainstream PC game, that I'm taking seriously. and coming from console where u NEVER wanted to play MK on 1080p, due to it causing added latency (even offline). so i'm looking for a community standard.

i'll see what's up with fraps

kanaida

I'm installing it in ubunt 13 x64 , using steam within wine. No native Linux support so I gotta pretend to be windows lol. 10gb. Downloading... Hopefully wine runs the game OK. So I don't have to install crappy windows on some other drive. Got USB Xbox controllers ready to go.I'll keep you all posted.

Oh and 29.99.

It loads in linux. But crashes in auto configure graphics. However in demo mode looked gorgeous, just not full speed. Working on it. Trying to find a way to skip-

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

kanaida

Plays OK after skipping that but fps is way too low. Trying new drivers. Gtx 460, 10 GB ram, core i7

kanaida

Bottom line, it works but nvidia needs better drivers cause mk9 isn't all that resource intensive. Dammit gotta install windiws