What's new

MK9 patch in the works?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Reptile-1) make Ex dash uninterruptable.
2) Make his d1 positive on hit or give d3 more advantage on hit vs standing opponents.

That's it.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Noob Saibot
  • Ex Teleslam causes the opponent to bounce which extends his midscreen game, due to lack of a good one.
  • Shadow tackle should recover a lot quicker, but add a delay to when he can through it again. (Delay + new recovery frames should equal to somewhere close to his current recovery frames for shadow tackle now.)
  • Slight damage increase mid screen.
  • If we keep armor, then add it to EX teleslam.
  • Upknee as a legitimate wakeup attack.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I doubt we see another MK9 update unless its a retail UMK9 or something. There would be zero profit in it for them to devote man hours to it otherwise. Probably why SF4 has been released so many times.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
In all seriousness, I would reduce the damage output of Kabal's aerial Gas Blast to 4%, and remove the ability to dash-cancel his EX Nomad Dash. Nothing more.

Clarify what you mean by "real issues", please.

I think he means things like the input bug, meter drain, and player 1 advantage.
Those things can't be fixed with a patch.

chores

bad at things
with djt showing how he deals with kabal i think the only nerf needed is no meter building on IAGB. cause he could work through it no problem and the buzzsaw chip didnt really matter, but what it amounted to was a free 1.5 bars on meter per level length for kabal

I'll laugh if it ends up playing nothing like Mk9.
Considering the track record of NRS/Midway, I wouldn't be surprised. From MK1 to Deadly Alliance, each main installment was different from the last, but the MK:DA-to-Armageddon period showed a bit less change than usual. After that, it was back to switching it up.

Back to the topic:
If Ed Boon says that they want MK9 to make it to Evo a forth time, NRS may just do a rebalance patch. Or a team could be set aside to do one.

Fear_Me

Noob
It'd be great to see UMK9. Changes I'd like to see:
- Improved netcode
- resets and bugs removed
- better practice mode
- minor nerfs to the top tiers (Kabal iagb down to 6% and cooldown, block infinite removed)
- buff the low tier
- new characters, I want Frost dammit

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Make Kabals blocked nomad dash cause him to spin(same animation as if his nomad dash hit) , so every character in the game can get a full jump in combo.
Also, when Cyrax throws bombs too fast he loses meter, make that happen with Kabal when he is doing Iafb so fast that they start disappearing

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
QFT.

MK9 at EVO in general put all of us on blast this year in some form or another. Nobody expected any Cyrax player to expose the Kabal matchup like that and it just goes to show there could be dozens more matchups we might have gave up on too early.

Not to mention MyGod, that almost nobody heard of, making top 3 against a super tough bracket and taking DJT and REO to the edge. What would've happened if he used Sonya from the start against him?

As much as I'd like a new patch and/or UMK9, a lot of doors are still open.
Exactly. Like I said no balance changes should be made, only patching that they should do is fixing meter drain and input bug if possible or fixing online servers. I always said this and still believe that more matchups can be played a lot better than what they seem to be and characters like freddy and scarlet have yet to been completely explored imo.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
-3D hitboxes = engine limitation
-Netcode
-Practice Mode (would require an update instead of patch)

Have they fixed the random frame data, random armor, meter drain and input drop bugs? These are fixable I think but those 3 things I listed need to be scrapped tbh.

They have said they can't fix the input bug, this was said a long ass time ago on a VSM stream so I have no actual evidence.
I'm pretty sure they can't fix the Meter Drain bug as well, since they knew about since the game was out, and it was never fixed in any of the patches that followed.