What's new

MK X. Gonna play Story mode first or Training mode?

In MKX will you play Story mode first, or go right to Training mode?

• Total voters

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
story mode first, no doubt. it's fun to engage in fights in story mode, without knowing the gameplay deeply at the very first time .... hehe this way, story mode looks a bit more hard difficult and challenging when faced first time. :D

U guys got to remember there will be a demo that's ur practice mode right then u do story and then u do training at least that's what I'm going to do nd I plan on doing a stream of practicing with all the characters then it's online so I won't do any online action for the first couple weeks to a month

day 1 i am looking at every character, taking notes, and system notes... developing a game plan for what high level play is and attempting to forecast a character i think will be fun and has lots of potentional (until dlc :)), then i am going to swallow my pride and practice trying to master the mechanics while potentially losing to @dribirut even. I will do story mode after a couple of days.

Last edited:

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
More than likely some story, ive made mistakes before of jumping online way too early.
So i'll get the hang of the game first, but MK also has one of the most enjoyable stories about to learn about, I'll learn through story then some practice mode.
Also a good chance to learn most or all of the kast to some degree.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
in reality 90% Scrubs head straight to online for the first time then cry how everyone spams and everything is broken #kappa

Tutorial mode first if it has one to get acquainted with the meter system, then training mode to get a feel of the game, character movement, etc. Then find a character that suits me and hit the lab. Once I get a few bnb's down and figure out what normals are good, remember some of the frame data etc. I'll try out online mode to see if the netcode is shit or not. If it sucks to the point that only offline sessions will be viable to level up or learn matchups, I'll play the game for a month or so and drop it like I did with Injustice. If the netcode is decent enough to learn matchup knowledge and get in some practice I'll get serious with the game. This is all assuming I like it in the first place.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I hate the idea of watching a new MK story line unfold on someones YouTube channel. No spoilers for me and definitely a media black out followed by a full play through. Plenty of time for training mode in future.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Damn, that is a really hard question.

I always like to go to training mode first and breakdown the game mechanics and every character's moveset, but if there was a demo that allowed me to mess around before the release then it'd be hard not to jump straight into Story Mode.

Plus if there are 3 variations for every character my training grind is going to take a long ass time.

I won't be online for a while but if the online is crap I might not go on much at all. Shoutouts to the "constant online environment" that I've been holding my breathe a month for already.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Story mode first. Helps get a good feel for the game, likely has some unlockables, allows me to play through a good portion of the cast without feeling like I wasted my time if I end up not liking how the character plays, etc.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
in reality 90% Scrubs head straight to online for the first time then cry how everyone spams and everything is broken #kappa
That's why you head to online early - to score some wins before people will figure out how to play the game :p
Just kidding. Or maybe not.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
I voted for Story Mode first, but that certainly won't happen. There's a highly probability that a demo of the game will be released a couple of weeks (months?) before the full game hits the shelves, so when we get our hands on the final product, we'll already know how the game feels like.
That said, I will do exactly what I did in every single MK I've played, from 1 to 9 = STRAIGHT TO ARCADE MODE WITH SCORPION AND KILL WHOEVER IS IN THE TOP OF THE LADDER. No matter how many tries it takes, that feeling of completing the Arcade Mode for the very first time is overwhelmingly AWESOME.
After that, I'll jump into Story Mode a see what's up with all those new characters. Then trials/challenge tower (if there's one), lab and finally online.

...and I'll probably drop Scorpion that very same day. :p

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I voted Training but now that I think about it Story Mode probably. Since Baraka probably isnt in it I might need to find a new main.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
1. Schedule vacation time.
2. Story mode on easiest difficulty to get through it asap.
3. Practice mode with each character to find a playstyle match.
4. Pick a main and begin learning matchups, combos, etc.

First thing I'm doing is playing CPU in arcade on the hardest difficulty to get ideas for combos and make them big/ and or making setups from them :DOGE

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
day 1 i am looking at every character, taking notes, and system notes... developing a game plan for what high level play is and attempting to forecast a character i think will be fun and has lots of potentional (until dlc :)), then i am going to swallow my pride and practice trying to master the mechanics while potentially losing to @dribirut even. I will do story mode after a couple of days.
Just like my first month aqua man

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Training mode, hence why you dont see me complaining over minor shit or the basics of fighters lol

But im so pumped to see the story and how its executed

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Story mode first because mk is my fav fighting game.

Plenty of time to do training and online after