What's new

MK X. Gonna play Story mode first or Training mode?

In MKX will you play Story mode first, or go right to Training mode?

• Total voters
E

Eldriken

Story first. Despite how eager I am to to play these kinds of games online, I always have to play the story.

Then I'll hit up the tutorial/training, then practice mode so I can figure out who I want to use and then after a few hours in the lab, I'll go online.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I'm very interested in MKX story. But I remember myself getting MK9 and going into storymode almost outright. That was horrible (especially considering that was my forst FG, pretty much).
I'm going to at least get familiar with movestes of characters I'm supposed to play and learn some simple combos first.
But most probably I'm going to try my favorites and their variations in training before I do anything else.

So for me it's:
1. Tutorial (hope it's good)
2. Training
3. Story and/or online; they promised something excited for online, right?

Oh wait, nvm, I'll have to visit hardware store first :p

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
NRS story modes are too godlike to NOT play it first.. (get it out of the way and then move into training mode)

Shouldnt take to long...

Tutorial if it has any to get the feel of at least 2 chars.
Then alternating between story and lab in that exact sequence.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Definitely story mode first. I wanna be thrown right into the fray to figure things out for myself like the good ol' MK1-MK4 days.

I enjoy dissecting characters and frame data and all that other fun stuff, but I still feel disconnected from the fighting game community, or like a tourist to it. I find highly competitive play unpleasant and the main reason I play MK is to be immersed in a dark alternate universe with ninjas and girls with big boobs.

So yeah... Story mode first.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Story mode, then training. I bet ppl are already gonna be online first thinking they are "hot shit" smh.

ryublaze

Noob
I always play story mode first to get it out of the way and so I can get a feel of how the game mechanics work and how each character plays.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
I go to Training mode to quickly play the character I've been most hype about. After I mess around for a couple minutes I move on to Lessons/Story mode.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Story mode first lol. In MK9 I chose to main (Smoke) from Story mode until I switched over to SZ when the MK3 skins came out. In IGAU I already knew I would main Batman before the game came out.

pherleece

Woolay
Story mode to get it out of the way. I do it for all nrs fighters. Plus for mkx, there are so many new characters that I wpuld love to know their story. I dont wanna main soneone I know nothing about

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I will go straight into any sort of Trials Mode first every time. If that is not available, then Training Mode. Once I get a handle how the game is played, I will do Story Mode.

Mst

Noob
Trials > Story > Training Mode with Characters im interested in playing > Online/Games with friends.
My order for like most fighting games.

Last edited:

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Don't really give a fuck about story mode really, but I'll probably play through it to see what's up with all the new characters.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Cool thred. It's awesome to read competitive players talk about Mk's story and not have this elitist attitude of, "yeah I only care about frame data and f**k storymode cuz that's only for scrubs." Story mode first as well even if I have to mash my way through it. After, hit the tutorial mode if there is one, that is lol. Then time to hit the lab and find a new main.

Shalaska

Noob
I'm pretty interested in MK's story so I'll go right into it. NRS might screw up here and there but they know how to make a good story.