What's new

Microsoft Respond To Concerns Over Xbox1

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Hes right to be adamantly opposed to the xbox one because it has no advantages over the PS4.

The only arguments in this thread for the xbox one are 'future' 'innovation' 'change' 'vision'. But nothing that actually affects me. If you are basing your argument on a future you cannot predict, and a future you cannot see, as opposed to the cold hard facts of reality, then you are quite the definition of a fanboy.
Please look up the term before you use it in a sentence Jared... I have seen very little to no posts in this whole thread that say XB1 is the way to go!!!! XB1 will wipe the next generation with Sony!!! HAHAHAHA... What I do see is 2 different camps-
1st Camp- Sony defenders , propping Sony up as if they are the godsend of gaming nirvana
2nd Camp- Those asking for their fellow gamers to have an open mind and not be so quick to decide/judge (be it out of loyalty, spite, anger, pain or resentment)

Ask yourself... which camp do you fall into... I know where I stand

Edit: also.... who are you to tell me what I have a right to be adamant about? Many have talked about arrogance in Microsofts launch procedure....However your arrogance just reaches a whole new level of ignorance..
I really have no qualms speaking to anyone with different views and opinions.. it is what drives discussions, but you attempting to throw your opinion and weight around and telling me what I have a right to be adamant about.... hahahah... grow up Jared.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
You actually don't know if there will be any form of DRM or not, nor do you know if there will be "privacy issues". Publishers may require online authentication for their titles, they may require a secondary login... you really can't say at this point. You can HOPE for something to be the case, but when a publisher is faced with a lower ROI on one platform than the other, they may make decisions you won't care for.

Also, the "better console" thing is subjective. At this point, the XB1 looks like a better fit for families due to the Kinect support and media integration, while the PS4 appeals to core gamers. For my brother-in-law, the PS4 has more appeal, whereas the XB1 is a better deal for my parents (and probably me if I wasn't already a PC nerd).

Its not subjective. PS4 is literally more powerful. It has better ram and the xbox one is underclocked.

And I do know for a fact, that no PS4 game will be unable to be sold at ebay.
I know for a fact that no PS4 game will be stopped from lending.
I know for a fact that no PS4 game can be outright banned from used games.

Publisher DRM? That exists now. Except microsoft are making it worse on their box.

JaredL

Please look up the term before you use it in a sentence Jared... I have seen very little to no posts in this whole thread that say XB1 is the way to go!!!! XB1 will wipe the next generation with Sony!!! HAHAHAHA... What I do see is 2 different camps-
1st Camp- Sony defenders , propping Sony up as if they are the godsend of gaming nirvana
2nd Camp- Those asking for their fellow gamers to have an open mind and not be so quick to decide/judge (be it out of loyalty, spite, anger, pain or resentment)

Ask yourself... which camp do you fall into... I know where I stand

I have an open mind. I own a 360 and owned an original xbox and never owned a PS.

But the facts are so clear..

PS4 is not region locked.
PS4 is cheaper.
No mandatory camera.
No online DRM.
No used games DRM.
Better hardware.

I looked at this, and saw... no xbox 1 for me.

I think if you will read his original posts he was talking about being open minded to both consoles. But it appears some people (you) are so adamantly opposed to xboxone that you are forcing him into a defensive position for even just entertaining the idea of getting one.
Dude, we are not talking about two different tastes of ice cream. This is not chocolate VS vanilla.

This is a console war and one console is offering you consumer-friendlier policies, more power, more games and more freedom for less money, while the other console is restricting used games, rented games, requires an online connection every 24 hours, won't even support huge parts of the entire world, like if they don't matter at all, will be less powerful and still cost 100$.

There is no being open-minded towards both consoles, because the second console is taking away your rights. Not only your rights as a gamer, but your rights as a human being. The rights you have as a gamer are being taken away by greedy people, who probably never played a video game in their life and your rights as a human being are being taken away by people who won't even own the console and are earning more money in one year than you will earn in 10 years and all that by making such anti-consumer decisions like these.

PS: Chocolate is better.

I have a question for you... (and please note: this is after your two pre-emptive strikes about being tired of me and bringing a conversation to personal attack levels) are you old enough to buy an "M" rated game on your own?
I am 26.

X-Box 360 with two controllers and 17 games, from which many are blockbusters and some of them also not that old. Then there is also my Mad Catz Fight Stick >_> I should get good 300-350€ for all of that. At least I hope so.
Sell them on amazon
U'll get like 500 600 dollars lol

Sent from. SECRET using Tapatalk

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I have an open mind. I own a 360 and owned an original xbox and never owned a PS.

But the facts are so clear..

PS4 is not region locked.
PS4 is cheaper.
No mandatory camera.
No online DRM.
No used games DRM.
Better hardware.

I looked at this, and saw... no xbox 1 for me.
Listing off what you owned and what you will own is far from Open Mindedness Jared...
Just because you had been in MS camp prior to this round and now you are making the switch does not make you "saved".. I appreciate that your decision has been made and I applaud you for that... However you championing a cause and defending it at every angle and acting like an outright Paladin for the cause while shooting down any aspect of Balance and possibility speaks to the exact OPPOSITE of open mindedness...

JaredL

Listing off what you owned and what you will own is far from Open Mindedness Jared...
Just because you had been in MS camp prior to this round and now you are making the switch does not make you "saved".. I appreciate that your decision has been made and I applaud you for that... However you championing a cause and defending it at every angle and acting like an outright Paladin for the cause while shooting down any aspect of Balance and possibility speaks to the exact OPPOSITE of open mindedness...

Defending it? I've got nothing to defend. PS4 is superior in every way.

Unless you can find some advantages of the Xbox one, then I'm not defending anything.

There is no balance in this. Its one sided. To pretend its balanced, is to be a fanboy. Look at the freaking Amazon poll. PS4 is more popular by 17 times. 17 times.

Look at pre order sales. PS4 outsold faster despite being on sale for less time. They even had to sell a different standard version because the won't be able to accommodate day one.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit

Unless you can find some advantages of the Xbox one, then I'm not defending anything.

There is no balance in this. Its one sided. To pretend its balanced, is to be a fanboy. Look at the freaking Amazon poll. PS4 is more popular by 17 times. 17 times.

Look at pre order sales. PS4 outsold faster despite being on sale for less time. They even had to sell a different standard version because the won't be able to accommodate day one.
It is impossible to speak logical to the illogical

JaredL

It is impossible to speak logical to the illogical

Clearly. If you are incapable of pointing out a single advantage that the xbox one has, and still tell me its a balanced argument between both.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
Its not subjective. PS4 is literally more powerful. It has better ram and the xbox one is underclocked.

And I do know for a fact, that no PS4 game will be unable to be sold at ebay.
I know for a fact that no PS4 game will be stopped from lending.
I know for a fact that no PS4 game can be outright banned from used games.

Publisher DRM? That exists now. Except microsoft are making it worse on their box.

So because a Ford F-150 has more power under the hood, it is objectively better than a Fiat 500 Abarth, regardless of the needs of the consumer? Very silly.

Also, those "facts" are "hopes". You might be able to lend a disc, you might be able to sell one. What you don't know is how publishers will treat the transfer of the license. I can sell a World of Warcraft disc to whomever I want, but it's the license to use the software that is actually worth money.

Regardless of fan rhetoric, that hasn't changed. When you buy a game that is compatible with the PS4, you are actually purchasing a license to use the software, and Sony has stated that it is the publisher who determines the fulfillment of that license (status quo). If a publisher decides to make it either impossible or very odious for you to transfer that license, then that's what's going to happen.

The difference is that MS has stated what their policy will be, and publishers will adhere to MS's standards.

JaredL

So because a Ford F-150 has more power under the hood, it is objectively better than a Fiat 500 Abarth, regardless of the needs of the consumer? Very silly.

Also, those "facts" are "hopes". You might be able to lend a disc, you might be able to sell one. What you don't know is how publishers will treat the transfer of the license. I can sell a World of Warcraft disc to whomever I want, but it's the license to use the software that is actually worth money.

Regardless of fan rhetoric, that hasn't changed. When you buy a game that is compatible with the PS4, you are actually purchasing a license to use the software, and Sony has stated that it is the publisher who determines the fulfillment of that license (status quo). If a publisher decides to make it either impossible or very odious for you to transfer that license, then that's what's going to happen.

The difference is that MS has stated what their policy will be, and publishers will adhere to MS's standards.

No, cars serve different purposes.

When it comes to GAMING. Whichever console has better specs for GAMING wins.

And what was the point of your warcraft example? That can happen sure. Its an option that developers can take, if they are suicidal.

How does making that mandatory, make it better? PS4 exclusives won't have any form of DRM has said sony, just up to publishers. With microsoft, its damn well mandatory for every damn game.

Give me a single advantage that the xbox one has. That's wall I ask of you.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82

I've come to the conclusion that you are trolling.

JaredL

Thank you.

I love it, you get to pretend you win an argument, by saying 'lol trolling', and you don't have to actually do anything.

Welcome to my ignore list. Long overdue. I thought you were reasonably, but it seems that you are not.

JaredL

Also... wait what. I made this thread. Why is Circus the OP now. Wat.

And iTunes, IPods, Nook, Kindle, hell.. Smartphones, laptops, notebooks and computers for that matter.. All have ways to digitally own some sort of media without a physical copy.. If it would have proven so unpopular... Napster would not have made the impact that it did and we would all be going out to our local record shop for the latest CD's...However.. If you buy it... It's yours. And I am glad you tried it and it is not for you.. And I agree it is not for everyone... But does that mean the people that favor/like it (not saying I particularly do other than with the kids), or the company/companies that believe it can be so much more should halt production and not try to push it to the sci-fi levels we see in movies?

Edit: funny meme btw
I understand digital copies of games, I understand why they are good and why they are bad, but that's not what I was referring to. When you physically buy a disc, and it needs to be authenticated and licensed that's where we are headed in the wrong direction. I am all for advancing but that is not advancing. We are losing our rights to a little price of media we purchased. If they succeed in this they are going to keep pushing it and I don't even want to think what will happen if they think they can keep pushing those limits

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I love it, you get to pretend you win an argument, by saying 'lol trolling', and you don't have to actually do anything.

Welcome to my ignore list. Long overdue. I thought you were reasonably, but it seems that you are not.
Whatever guy. I and others have acknowledged every single point you've put up, but none of the points we bring are any good. What am I suppose to think? All my posts have been meaningless to you as you may have read them, but you didn't show and incling of understanding about them.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
No, cars serve different purposes.

When it comes to GAMING. Whichever console has better specs for GAMING wins.
MS is throwing a wider net than your myopic definition of "gaming".

And what was the point of your warcraft example? That can happen sure. Its an option that developers can take, if they are suicidal.
Suicidal? I'm sure Blizzard is weeping very real tears into their stacks of millions.

There really is no question. Publishers will find a way to restrict used game sales. It might be through authentications or even through design changes in future products, but they are not going to accept the current state of affairs much longer. A 22% drop YoY tends to get the stockholder's attention.

How does making that mandatory, make it better? PS4 exclusives won't have any form of DRM has said sony, just up to publishers. With microsoft, its damn well mandatory for every damn game.
It's a standard. XB1 has a simple, non-invasive DRM built into the console that requires no additional work for the developer and the user knows what to expect.

- Digital game library that I can access from any other XB1
- Kinect 2 OS integration
- Stronger media integration
- SmartGlass integration, which, as an owner of multiple iOS platforms, is very important to me
- Exclusive titles that are more attractive to me than the Sony offerings
- A move toward complete digital distribution, so I don't even have to leave my apartment to buy a game

These may not be advantages that are attractive to you personally, but these are the ones that attract me. Currently, it looks like the console that would better suit my needs.

As for now the X-Box One has more / stronger exclusive games:

Crimson Dragon,
Killer Instinct,
Project Spark,
Halo 5,
D4,
Titanfall,
Quantum Break,
Forza 5,
Ryse - Son of Rome,
Dead Rising 3

VS the PS4's:

Killzone,
Infamous - Second Son,
The Order 1886,
Drive Club,
Knack,
Deep Down (but I wouldn't even count that one at this point, because Capcom tends to lie to the customers big time)

X-Box One has the better exclusive titles IMO, as for now. But having better exclusive titles as for now does not outshine all of the heavy, heavy, heavy disadvantages the X-Box One has, because of it's bad policy, anti-consumer practices and most importantly attitude.

"WELL, IF YOU EXPECT BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY, THEN YOU'RE REALLY BACKWARDS!"
"WHAT? NO INTERNET, SON? WELL, TRY OUR OFFLINE DEVICE, THE X-BOX 360!"

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Ok I have been reading every last bit of this thread since this morning off and on. I relieved my pure hatred for the XB1 and now I am stress free from it and I at tis point I am going to buy a PS4, due to the fact that it caters to me and my needs. NO I do not agree with M$' policies on their next console and do not want the thing at all, even though I do have an always onine environment in my home, I juts cannot agree with it, I want that feeling of ownership, even if that feeling may be artificial, said by many ignorence is a bliss. SO far I have seen four of folks butting heads all damn day saying literally the same thing over and over and adding nearly nothing new at all to the discussion just pure regurgitation of the exact same points which each of you obviously do not see in the same manner.

For what I say next please don't take it the wrong way at all, for you all have contributed a bit the IGAU and MK9 commmunity and personally it is sad that you all have to have such a pissing war over this.

JaredL: We get it you hate MS and everything they stand for in the next coming gen, just don't buy the damn thing same to you Killzone, you two made great points, but damn.

xWEBSx: Right you are waiting to see the outcome of things and you feel the XB1 is fine and dandy, I say cool at least you understand what you want and you know where you stand I respect that and say more power to you.

@illthuian: I already had a fun argument with before and I have read through everything this time and honestly you have been the only one making the mst sense, you remained unbiased the whole time and did nothing, but throw out some realfacts.

Now can we get back to being firends again, pleas eput a smile on your faces, because soon regardless of what box you buy there will be an MK10 and an IGAU 2.

OH yeah stay frosty and carry a big gun...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Xbox One = better games so far, better-looking games graphically as well, has Twitch, some pretty cool stuff built in with voice and motion.
PS4 = Better user policy and less restrictions. Better indie support.

Hardware = similar.

It's a tradeoff; but it's def. not a 1-sided battle.