What's new

Maybe its just me...

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I kind of feel the same way. Characters seem to have a single tactic that's so powerful it makes using a lot of the other stuff in their arsenal pointless. Why mix things up with Killer Frost when you can YOLO slide everywhere? Why do anything else with Grundy when you can just combo into his untechable vortex? Why do anything else with Batman when you can do b23 and bats? And we all know about Superman's f23xxBreathe.

It gets boring to have to deal with the same tactic over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. But with singular strategies of a character being so strong it's not like people are wrong for not trying anything else. Just makes the game feel a bit tedious IMO.

master thread and I totally agree. I cannot put down my kung lao hat. people who really feel like pig and scar should just come out and say it and focus completely on MK9 until evo at the very least. how it is right now it feels like people are taking it for granted mk9 is at evo again.

AssassiN

Noob
Scar listen to my words

A lot of people feel the way you do but a lot of people are scared to say it

ie: forever king, pl, myself, and others who i wont mention

You're not alone, see my last post in that thread that got closed about the game's future. Ive decided to hold out until evo to really solidify my stance. There are things that should/could be said but it'd be "pig you're being rude"

But just know you're not alone

Im going HARD into mk9 for evo. MK9 deserves that
Thank god, I thought we would have to close out Evo with a crappy MK9 tournout and a disappointing top 8.

TBH, I like playing MK9 more. I have more fun with it, play better in it, can actually AA jump happy people and it suits me more.
Injustice is alright when it comes to fun, but I don't have the same drive that forces me to play the game and get better. I just play it because almost everyone of the MKC is playing it now, online is better and the issues that MK9 has are gone.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I'm quite fed up with the FGC.You guys just blew the lid out like a motherfucker.
I wont stick around to see the obvious demise of this game.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
You might be agreeing w me and we havent yet said it yet

Player A (not so good player in general ) in this game can at anytime BEAT the better player

Player A in mk9 has no chance of beating the better player

Ive won matches i had NO BUSINESS winning and lost the same
Lol just saw your last post.

It's very true. I just won a 32 man tourney against Showtime/starcharger and other members with superman , who I spent no time at all besides learning 1 mid screen combo and 1 corner combo.

I know I'm a fraud with him but the game makes it easy with interactables and other said things.

In mk9 for the most part , the better player takes the win.

Cat

100% agree with this and I see some high level players around (im talking in general, not anyone posting here so far) that were gdlk at mk9 and not converting it to Injustice and they are salty about it....I feel im in the same boat too with what you are saying....i got the game two weeks later than most ppl i know and still can whoops some peoples asses that used to baby me in mk9.....they send me so much fucin hatemail now that the tables turned
Stahp.

The game is so much more scrub friendly. The reason you got babied in mk is because they were the better player.

If you really think all the good Mk players are not liking this game because they are not good like in mk9.... Then you have another thing coming.

peachyO

Noob
Before i get into this, let me just say that i am by all means NOT bashing this game, and i applaud NRS for their effort in making this title, but im just asking the community, is anyone already kind of bored of this game as i am??? I mean i still play it at casuals wit my kh crew, but as far as having the anticipation of coming home and playing like i did on its initial drop? I dont have that passion anymore, maybe its the game mechanics, the fact that im not able to space someone out and whiff punish as i did in mk, or the face that i have to respect jump ins because certain characters lack a proper anti air, or maybe its because " in some ways" armor is even a bigger issue in this game then it was in mk lol, again im not bashing the game, it has its own ways of being fun, but im just asking you guys, whos in the same boat as how i feel?, whats your reason for slowly losinng interest in this title, or do you only keep playing it because their is tournaments and money involved, and not because its fun.
i feel this way as well and have been honest about it from the beginning. initially i was prejudiced against it because i saw it as taking up time and resources away from MK, which was and will always be an incomplete game to me. but i bought it anyway and tried really hard to enjoy it. sadly, i don't. i don't feel it's a bad game necessarily, but it feels sloppy and rushed to me. the teeny character models don't help either. and it has all the same woes MK does; it shows someone isn't learning from past mistakes. it does not inspire anything but occasional, casual play from me. overall, it just doesn't pack the same caliber punch for me as MK did. also, i have been playing other fighters now and am shocked at how much better some of them are (in some respects) to the NRS fighters. it's hard to go back once you've played a game with better balance and netcode, and without skill-sapping glitches and unfair exploits. MK will always be great to me, but i have had to move on, as IGAU is obviously now priority over MK.

Cat

Looks like players who got squashed in mk9 are liking this game the most because they are doing better. Thanks to interactables, no solid way to punish their jumping or playing footsies.

Players who are good in mk9 are not liking it so much cus they see and know they win / lose because of things that are scrubby and take no real knowledge of the game.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
You guys saying that injustice is not as in depth as mk and a lesser player can win... maybe that's because the game is less than two months old? Lbsh in mk we didn't start playing high level spacing for like a year in mk. The skill gap will increase over time.

So what do the guys do now that don't like this game? Seems that MK9 is a thing of the past already.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Geoduck

Halfasser
You just gotta let things flesh out, guys. Right now things are a little blurry, but by then, in a couple of months, you might find yourself loving this game in the end.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
I'm not playing this game seriously until I start seeing threads titled "Best player for each character." Whichever character has the most people complaining that they should be number 1, I'll be playing this game like I played Diablo 2 back in the day just to shut them up. Have fun fighting for numero dos ;_;

Reactions: Cat

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
So what do the guys do now that don't like this game? Seems that MK9 is a thing of the past already.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
You know... go back and play MK9... or move on... I am just trying to have fun with Playstation All-Star Battle Royale with my sister. It is fun playing with her... some of the best fun. It isn't so competitive that she can't play. That is one reason I am not enjoying Injustice... my sister doesn't play it so it isn't as fun.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Regardless if you like the game or not, I think we can all respect NRS for trying something so different. This is also a good experiment to see what will stay and what should go later on, and this can help them achieve the long-awaited perfect NRS formula that they can stick to for good, :)

I also think the lack of footsies argument is totally silly. There's definitely footsies in this game.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Stahp.

The game is so much more scrub friendly. The reason you got babied in mk is because they were the better player.

If you really think all the good Mk players are not liking this game because they are not good like in mk9.... Then you have another thing coming.

Lol i see plenty of people who are good in both so dont go there. I didnt say "all"...and i got babied by some who were admittedly better but some were on some laggy shyt tho. The network was better in injustice a short while but it too has slipped.

Funny how when i initially refused to buy injustice ppl like me were called a scrub who refused to adapt from mk9 but now that i love the game it's scrub-friendly

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Exactly What Soapboxfan just stated, who was even doing Kabal dash cancels/broken cyrax resets less than a month after MK came out. That was the point where people were complaining about how hard it was to punish naked kung lao spins and reptile dashes. Injustice is going to evolve quite a bit I hope. Interactables do need to be toned down a bit though. Especially ones like the car in wayne manor driveway, i mean christ it covers the whole screen does big damage and is unblockable.