What's new

[Mar 29, 2013] FINAL ROUND XVI (Atlanta, GA)

I don't know what people are waiting on but there's only 15 people that have registered online for MK9 as of this morning. The massive amount of hotel rooms reserved under the FR16 group rate is not matching up with the low pre register list numbers, but I know we are going to have a lot more people at FR16 than the pre reg list suggest. I just think people haven't registered online yet and they don't realize that online registration will end in 18 days! We need people to pre reg online so we can properly make the pools and list them 3 days prior to the event so everyone attending will know when, what, and where they need to be during FR16. If you don't register online you will only cause delay's in the event as we would have to redo pre-made pools/brackets due to the overflow of at the door regs.

We at FINAL ROUND need your help to make sure everything starts on time/on schedule and pre registering online is a vital part of the process! If you do sign up at the door for your games it will be $10 more than the online fee. ($40 online and $50 at the door) Also you won't be seeded in ANY MANNER if you sign up at the door. You will be placed in the next available slot in a pool. We can't spend 1-2 hours reseeding the pools because people want to be lazy. We are trying to accomendate those that don't have a paypal account or those that won't have the funds until the date of the event with emergency door reg's on Thursday evening 7pm-10pm March 28, 2013 and Friday March 29, 2013 at 8am-12 noon, but that is suppose to be for emergency regs only and not for those who forgot to reg online. Goto the following link to register online:

http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm

There's only 14 days until the FINAL ROUND hotel group rate will end and I added more rooms so you guys would have a chance to get a room under the FR group rate ($93 per night) instead of the $150 per night without the fr group rate. Goto the following link to reserve your room before they are all gone:

http://www.finalround.org/location.cfm

I don't know if everyone realize it, but there's only 33 days until the hype is upon us shawty!

DaRabidDuckie

Shimapan Destroyer
Who wants some stick mods? XD

Gummowned, Vicko, and I are teaming up again for Final Round to take care of all your stick modding needs! We'll be modding all weekend, but mods are first come, first serve. If the traffic is anywhere near last year's, you can expect us to be busy all weekend. Get your stick to us as early as possible to make sure we're able to get to it! We do reserve the right to adjust the queue based on the difficulty of jobs. Repairs will almost always go to the back of the queue, so generally we don't even take them until Sunday.

Basic prices:

Dual mods: $80 for most models. Includes auto-detection if you're starting with a 360 stick or an Official-brand Hitbox. If you want Auto-detection on a PS3 stick, add $20. Hitboxes add $20 to account for the SOCD cleaner board that needs to be installed to make it tournament-legal at most tournaments.
RJ45 mods (detachable cables): $100 for 360 sticks, $140 for PS3 sticks. Extra cables for are $10. If you're wanting an NES, SNES, Dreamcast, or PS1/PS2 cable, please inquire so we can have them on hand.
LED Mods: Contact Gummowned in advance. Prices vary by model.
PS3 pad dual mods are possible, but can not be done onsite. Please contact Gummowned in advance.

Repair rates: (NOTE: Duckie (ie: Me, the guy with the eye patch) is usually the only one willing to take repairs before Sunday.)

Warranty repairs: Ask.
Jobs that require soldering: $20/hr, with 1 hr guaranteed.
Jobs that don't require soldering: Ask. For the easy stuff there's a tip jar. Toss something in it and we're good.
USB cable replacement: $20
Extra Breakaway cables: $5

SPECIAL OFFER!

Vicko will also be on-hand selling custom balltops by Gandakris. If you have a special request, contact Vicko in advance (and do it early!). Gandakris is a wonderful artist, so be sure to check out the gallery on her Facebook page!

FAQ:

Q: How long does a dual mod take?
A: Depends on how busy we are. Usually an hour or two. So if you're eighth in line, that means it can take anywhere from eight to sixteen hours to get your stick back. It'll probably be much faster than that, but it's just best to be prepared to not have your stick for a while.

Q: Can you dual mod pads?
A: Yes, but not on site. It's actually more expensive than dual modding a stick because the process is harder and it takes longer. If you need a pad dual-modded, contact Gummowned. If you're wanting a PS3 pad dual modded, keep in mind that you'll lose the analog sticks in the process. Madcatz 360 Fightpads and Brawlpads are also dual-moddable.

Q: Do you still do the USB cord mod for PS3 pads?
A: Nope. It turned out to be too much of a hassle in the end. I no longer offer that mod.

Q: I need to compete. Can I get my stick back?
A: Sure, but if you're not back by the time we'd start working on it, you're going to the back of the line. If it's being worked on when you need it, then you'll have to borrow another stick. That's why it's best to get to us early!

Q: Why are 360 sticks cheaper to work on?
A: PS3 boards are easier to program, so when we're adding PS3 to a system we can add special boards that add all kinds of cool stuff, most commonly auto-detecting between PS3 and 360.

Q: Can I request a specific modder?
A: Absolutely! If you wish to request a specific modder, make sure we write it down on the ticket or it's up for grabs!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Who wants some stick mods? XD

Gummowned, Vicko, and I are teaming up again for Final Round to take care of all your stick modding needs! We'll be modding all weekend, but mods are first come, first serve. If the traffic is anywhere near last year's, you can expect us to be busy all weekend. Get your stick to us as early as possible to make sure we're able to get to it! We do reserve the right to adjust the queue based on the difficulty of jobs. Repairs will almost always go to the back of the queue, so generally we don't even take them until Sunday.

Basic prices:

Dual mods: $80 for most models. Includes auto-detection if you're starting with a 360 stick or an Official-brand Hitbox. If you want Auto-detection on a PS3 stick, add $20. Hitboxes add $20 to account for the SOCD cleaner board that needs to be installed to make it tournament-legal at most tournaments.
RJ45 mods (detachable cables): $100 for 360 sticks, $140 for PS3 sticks. Extra cables for are $10. If you're wanting an NES, SNES, Dreamcast, or PS1/PS2 cable, please inquire so we can have them on hand.
LED Mods: Contact Gummowned in advance. Prices vary by model.
PS3 pad dual mods are possible, but can not be done onsite. Please contact Gummowned in advance.

Repair rates: (NOTE: Duckie (ie: Me, the guy with the eye patch) is usually the only one willing to take repairs before Sunday.)

Warranty repairs: Ask.
Jobs that require soldering: $20/hr, with 1 hr guaranteed.
Jobs that don't require soldering: Ask. For the easy stuff there's a tip jar. Toss something in it and we're good.
USB cable replacement: $20
Extra Breakaway cables: $5

SPECIAL OFFER!

Vicko will also be on-hand selling custom balltops by Gandakris. If you have a special request, contact Vicko in advance (and do it early!). Gandakris is a wonderful artist, so be sure to check out the gallery on her Facebook page!

FAQ:

Q: How long does a dual mod take?
A: Depends on how busy we are. Usually an hour or two. So if you're eighth in line, that means it can take anywhere from eight to sixteen hours to get your stick back. It'll probably be much faster than that, but it's just best to be prepared to not have your stick for a while.

Q: Can you dual mod pads?
A: Yes, but not on site. It's actually more expensive than dual modding a stick because the process is harder and it takes longer. If you need a pad dual-modded, contact Gummowned. If you're wanting a PS3 pad dual modded, keep in mind that you'll lose the analog sticks in the process. Madcatz 360 Fightpads and Brawlpads are also dual-moddable.

Q: Do you still do the USB cord mod for PS3 pads?
A: Nope. It turned out to be too much of a hassle in the end. I no longer offer that mod.

Q: I need to compete. Can I get my stick back?
A: Sure, but if you're not back by the time we'd start working on it, you're going to the back of the line. If it's being worked on when you need it, then you'll have to borrow another stick. That's why it's best to get to us early!

Q: Why are 360 sticks cheaper to work on?
A: PS3 boards are easier to program, so when we're adding PS3 to a system we can add special boards that add all kinds of cool stuff, most commonly auto-detecting between PS3 and 360.

Q: Can I request a specific modder?
A: Absolutely! If you wish to request a specific modder, make sure we write it down on the ticket or it's up for grabs!
turn one of my guitars into a hitbox and we'll talk :)

DaRabidDuckie

Shimapan Destroyer
real guitar, non useable post operation

edit: it is an extra perk if it could still work but i wont expect that
I'm pretty sure I could keep it working. It'd definitely change the sound, though.

Oh, and this isn't something I'd be able to do at Final Round. This would take me a few days or even a week to do right, and when I'm modding at tournaments I'm more concerned with volume, to be honest. I can pick it up at FR though, and then arrange for you to have it shipped back.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm pretty sure I could keep it working. It'd definitely change the sound, though.

Oh, and this isn't something I'd be able to do at Final Round. This would take me a few days or even a week to do right, and when I'm modding at tournaments I'm more concerned with volume, to be honest. I can pick it up at FR though, and then arrange for you to have it shipped back.
This sounds awesome

Only thing I need to know is kinda an estimate on the cost

That's awesome the guitar possibly will still be fully functional and I NEVER use this guitar for the shows I do, I rarely ever touch it but love it's neck

I have 7 guitars , 4 in which I deem show worthy so other 3 I have collected over the years and rarely use

This project could definitely create a new love and appreciation for the guitar I like most growing up

Plus I'd rock it at tourneys :)