What's new

[Mar 29, 2013] FINAL ROUND XVI (Atlanta, GA)

If you haven't reserved your hotel room under the FINAL ROUND group please goto the following link to secure your room during FR 16 at:

https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=9735526

The Hilton @ Atlanta Airport has a inside heated pool, a nice resturant, a full Sports bar, coffee spot, and a barbershop in the hotel for FR16. So if players want to get a nice hair cut before they step on to the top 8 stage they can get it done in the hotel! What event can you get a hair cut at inside the venue?!?!?!?!? None that i've heard of, but that's one of the things you can enjoy while being at the venue for FR16 besides the event itself.

Don't wait too late to get your rooms because they are starting to go quickly. You don't want to have to search for a hotel last minute and have to get up earlier just to walk or ride a cab to the tournament venue because all the rooms are sold out? Of course you don't, so get your rooms today! See you guys in 104 days! HYPE!

Hey Shinblanka, Utah crew will be up here for third year straight. Always a lovely time. Is this the same ballroom as 2011 or did you get a bigger one? After least year, you guys are gonna need a lot of space. This is one of the best tourneys to go to folks. . .can't wait to see who comes from Japan for Tekken, Marvel, and SF4. See ya soon. had
Yes this is the same venue we had in 2011, but we'll have 2 other ballrooms in that same area to equal 12,000 sqft in total tournament area space. It's always good to have Utahs best come to the EC and compete in FR16. There's some more news to come for FR16 in the up coming weeks so stay tuned! With last year event having 400+ in ssf4 and umvc3 we are planning for 512 in each of those games and at least 300 players in TTT2. That's why we have to goto the keits/Evo 16 man pool system for FR16 to control the crowds and run things on time. Our goal is to complete everything on time this year, so people will have more time to enjoy the event and the city. Online registration is the key to getting everything done in a timely manner. We urge everyone register online for their badges and games asap, so we can properly make the pools in advance and post them 3-7 days prior to the event date. If you do the emergency registration at the door you'll only have a 4 hour window on thursday evening (7pm-11pm) and friday morning (8am-12noon) to register for tournaments during the event and you WILL NOT BE SEEDED IN ANYWAY! You'll be placed in the 1st available spot in the pools and no effort will be used to seed you by skill level or by city/state. Door registration is one of the main reasons why any event start late IMO. I was going to eliminate at the door registration at this event, but I do understand that it's hard out there these days and sometimes people don't have the money to attend until the last minute. IF that happens and your only option is to sign up at the event at least you have a chance to compete, but we will not remake/reseed the brackets/pools for anyone that signs up late. The pools will start on time. We can't hold up the pools to reseed them for those that didn't register online. So we at FINAL ROUND are asking everyone that seriously plan to attend FR16 to use the online registration to help us run a smooth event. It not only helps us make the pools well in advance, but it's also cheaper to sign up online than at the door. (online reg = $40 and at the door emergency reg = $50) We hope to see everyone that came last year at FR16. Thank you guys for your continued support and i'll see you in March!

I am still considering going, but if I go I will probably fly. I found out after taking the Greyhound to Frosty Faustings that 7 hours is just about my max.
I know man, I've driven 8 hours to chicago. Also 8 to Virginia then 8 back the same night.

#IamMuffinMuggers

I know man, I've driven 8 hours to chicago. Also 8 to Virginia then 8 back the same night.

#IamMuffinMuggers
dude I'm 100% making this. If you can make it too.

we gotta play some games. I know we played some online. but playing offline together and chatting will be fun.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If I make this, and there's a good chance I will, someone better greet me wid dat southern hospitality and feed me some well deserved soul food

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I should have some extra cash left over to try and make this. I only live 3 hours away, but am a poor college student that gives guitar lessons lol.

***Dojo Mojo FR16 News Flash***

We would like to thank BROKENTIER for being apart of the FINAL ROUND family once again as an official sponsor for FR16. Please check out their website for wonderful FGC apparel for t-shirts, hats, and hoodies! http://www.brokentier.com/ The hypest tournament in the UNIVERSE has teamed up with the finest FGC apparel in the UNIVERSE! Can the earth handle this this much awesomeness?!?!? Stay tuned for more FR16 News!

So a couple days ago I went ahead and bought a badge and a MK9 entry.

how can I confirm that it accepted me?
does it take a while?
I player searched and my tag/name isn't showing up.
please go here and enter your info and your name should pop up. If you don't see your name please contact the webmaster link at the botton of my website. Thank you.

http://www.finalround.org/player.cfm

HOTEL ROOMS ARE GOING FAST!!!!!! You better grab them while they are available now people because as the date for the event get closer the rooms under my event that's blocked off for you will disappear quickly! Also the FR16 announcements will get bigger as the event get's closer and closer! goto:

http://www.finalround.org/location.cfm

And reserve your hotel room today!

If you want to get a room at the venue you need to do so quick because all of the double bed rooms are sold out and I don't know how long until we reach full capacity for the hotel. If you plan to attend FINAL ROUND 16 you might want to grab those rooms up before they are all gone. At this moment they have Single King Bed rooms still available to reserve. One of the questions i've received is "Do they charge my card before I arrive at the hotel?" We don't have any none refundable rooms on our group block so they shouldn't charge you when you make the reservation. The link to the tournament venue is http://www.finalround.org/location.cfm

See you guys in 49 days and 16 hours!