What's new

Li Mei General Discussion

rifraf

Noob
What is Raiden’s damage without kameo? Kenshi’s high damage all use sento which is essentially a kameo.
Raiden's doing 45% with no kameo. Mileena is doing 35% with no bar, no kameo. Kenshi is doing 50% with no kameo. Geras is doing 43% with no kameo. Li Mei has 1 braindead combo for 35% no kameo 1 bar. Pathetic.

Also, sento is not a kameo and even if it was, Kenshi would be able to use 2 kameos :laughing: Completely ridiculous claim.

Wigy

There it is...
Raiden's doing 45% with no kameo. Mileena is doing 35% with no bar, no kameo. Kenshi is doing 50% with no kameo. Geras is doing 43% with no kameo. Li Mei has 1 braindead combo for 35% no kameo 1 bar. Pathetic.

Also, sento is not a kameo and even if it was, Kenshi would be able to use 2 kameos :laughing: Completely ridiculous claim.
I think he meant you need a kameo to get sento out into a position to do high damage

rifraf

Noob
I think he meant you need a kameo to get sento out into a position to do high damage
Even if that was what he was suggesting, the fact is sento can be used without a kameo. Plus, it can be extended with just 1 bar which is utterly insane.

Anyway, Peacemaker patch is around the corner. Hopefully, we'll get something exciting.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

Again, looking at Li Mei without kameo is kinda stupid. Which kameo are you using where you can’t get decent damage? Because if she’s getting good damage with 6+ different Kameos, it’s a moot point that she can’t get damage without using resources (which by the way also isn’t true; f43, dash~b2~db2, db2, ji134~bf1(ex), ji13~db4 is well over 40% midscreen, and her corner damage is similar/better)

For my own knowledge, which combo is raiden doing without kameo that is reaching 45%?

The downplay here is absolutely ridiculous. Li mei has things you could complain about, her damage is not one.
b2 doesnt beat any pokes except off b34 if i remember correctly and d1 gets backdash whiff punished. My friend backdashes after 12 a lot so ive had to blind confirm 124bf1 and on reaction scorpion kameo to catch him disrespecting the last hit.

Fair enough, need to use iadb4 more, do you use it on OKI mostly? I find trying to get it out in neutral except after a d4 on hit very dicey.

What scenarios do you not use scorpion?

im guna try ram more 50/50s out and use b2 ex bf1 more as a blind check.

How do you generally approach a character like kitana?

much appreciated for advice anyways man.
I actually prefer to use khameleon. I feel she works much better. Certainly works better against kitana.

Jade glow forces an approach, glaive toss gives you a mid option.

Kitana disguise fan prevents use of armour or poking in gaps. This allows you to establish a better stagger game.

If kitana is back dashing during your pressure then you need to complete your strings more, or chase her down. Or you can jump back iadb4.

rifraf

Noob
which by the way also isn’t true; f43
I mean, good luck landing a combo with f43 in the first place :laughing: Is the opponent asleep?
I don't feel I downplayed Li Mei to the slightest. If anything, I might be upselling her a bit.
For my own knowledge, which combo is raiden doing without kameo that is reaching 45%?
I could be inflating the dmg a bit on this one, not sure tbh.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I mean, good luck landing a combo with f43 in the first place :laughing: Is the opponent asleep?
I don't feel I downplayed Li Mei to the slightest. If anything, I might be upselling her a bit.

I could be inflating the dmg a bit on this one, not sure tbh.
You find it hard opening an opponent up with a decent range unreactable low? When you have a fast overhead option as well?

Regardless, her damage is great with several kameos. She does not have a damage issue.

Wigy

There it is...
@Pan1cMode

okay Khameleon feels like a must pick on some matchups it helps immensely

Bf1 into kitana float full screen the only way they can get out of the jump in is armouring and even if you get hit in projectile trade still works

little annoying kitana fan you basically can only do a bf4 confirm with cause shes so stubby

Still have no idea you guys are doing backdash whiff punish game vs characters like mileena her d1 has more reach than any normal li mei has

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
@Pan1cMode

okay Khameleon feels like a must pick on some matchups it helps immensely

Bf1 into kitana float full screen the only way they can get out of the jump in is armouring and even if you get hit in projectile trade still works

little annoying kitana fan you basically can only do a bf4 confirm with cause shes so stubby

Still have no idea you guys are doing backdash whiff punish game vs characters like mileena her d1 has more reach than any normal li mei has
You can dash 4~bf1(ex) or b2~bf1(ex) but timing is tight.

In the corner though you’re getting 45%+

Against Mileena I don’t backdash because you’re gonna get hit by d1. You can bait the d1 then db3(ex) full combo punish.

Other option is jump back and whiff punish with db4

Wigy

There it is...
You can dash 4~bf1(ex) or b2~bf1(ex) but timing is tight.

In the corner though you’re getting 45%+

Against Mileena I don’t backdash because you’re gonna get hit by d1. You can bait the d1 then db3(ex) full combo punish.

Other option is jump back and whiff punish with db4
Think kitana fan combos are entirely dependent on the string you use. Most feel like you cant get shit.

Yeah i kinda know my options there but its just annoying she has to work so hard to stop people mashing. Ive been doing neutral jump db4 to crush pokes need to get the jump back instant air input down. Cause if they do any advancing string it whiffs and you die.

Im right in saying only mileena gets a combo off ex db3 right? I labbed with kitana and seemed to low to get the JIP

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Think kitana fan combos are entirely dependent on the string you use. Most feel like you cant get shit.

Yeah i kinda know my options there but its just annoying she has to work so hard to stop people mashing. Ive been doing neutral jump db4 to crush pokes need to get the jump back instant air input down. Cause if they do any advancing string it whiffs and you die.

Im right in saying only mileena gets a combo off ex db3 right? I labbed with kitana and seemed to low to get the JIP
Yeah only mileena with khameleon for db3(ex) but the timing is much easier than with socrooion at least. Although, if there’s a lantern you don’t need any kameo haha.

She gets combos off bf4 with both mileena and kitana, throw combo with kitana , and 40%+ midscreen with basically anyone.

And of course, insane corner damage with everyone.

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah only mileena with khameleon for db3(ex) but the timing is much easier than with socrooion at least. Although, if there’s a lantern you don’t need any kameo haha.

She gets combos off bf4 with both mileena and kitana, throw combo with kitana , and 40%+ midscreen with basically anyone.

And of course, insane corner damage with everyone.
Just to make sure im not missing something, bf4 kitana only combos corner no?

Edit/ labbed and j2 links j1 is very inconsistent best i can do is bf4 float 21 db4

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Just to make sure im not missing something, bf4 kitana only combos corner no?

Edit/ labbed and j2 links j1 is very inconsistent best i can do is bf4 float 21 db4
Nah, bf4 combo anywhere on the screen.

Do the close fan lift (do fan lift and hold back) then 212~bf1(ex), ji13~db4

~1:49

Wigy

There it is...
Nah, bf4 combo anywhere on the screen.

Do the close fan lift (do fan lift and hold back) then 212~bf1(ex), ji13~db4

~1:49
maybe just not holding back when i tried

is there any visual/input cue you use for b2 latern side switch combos. It seems to be very inconsistent, sometimes i end up whiffing on the other side, sometimes it doesnt side switch sometimes it b2side switches but latern whiffs.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
maybe just not holding back when i tried

is there any visual/input cue you use for b2 latern side switch combos. It seems to be very inconsistent, sometimes i end up whiffing on the other side, sometimes it doesnt side switch sometimes it b2side switches but latern whiffs.
To be honest typically I don’t go for the b2~lantern combos midscreen because they are so inconsistent.

My go to, which does quite a bit less but is much more consistent:
f43, b3, 21~bf1(ex), ji134~db4

Wigy

There it is...
To be honest typically I don’t go for the b2~lantern combos midscreen because they are so inconsistent.

Okay so im not total trash, i was trying it like how does anyone get this consistently.

rifraf

Noob
According to the moves list, f3 cancel "can be canceled into (air) special moves"... ?? Can someone please confirm if this works, and if yes please explain to me how it works?

rifraf

Noob
f3(hold3) input dbf or bf1
I finally figured it out :laughing:

You need to keep pressing 3 the whole time while inputting db4 or bf1. It's tricky but quite easy to execute when you get the hang of it.

Btw, was it always possible to do that or is it new?

Hoon3y

Noob

B2 can be a bit finnicky, if you land a f43 and your okay with spending a bar. go for j212 ~bf1(ex), ji13~db4. you might be able to do it with 134~bf1(ex), I've only practice that one. This nets more damage but if you have particular reason to go for the latter combo feel free to go for it. for Example if you need (FB) to win the match.

Wigy

There it is...
So li mei just autoloses against peacemaker basically? You literally cant do anything. He turns off all your best tool with a 0 recovery move. Outranges you massively, you can jump on him at all and his d4 ruins any pressure backdash antics.

block a f412 eagle and start armouring but he can do f412 teleport and punish the armour.

genuinely feels like an 8-2

rifraf

Noob
So li mei just autoloses against peacemaker basically? You literally cant do anything. He turns off all your best tool with a 0 recovery move. Outranges you massively, you can jump on him at all and his d4 ruins any pressure backdash antics.

block a f412 eagle and start armouring but he can do f412 teleport and punish the armour.

genuinely feels like an 8-2
Maybe I play with lesser players than you but I don't feel it's that bad when you get used to the matchup. I was losing a lot in the beginning but now I win most of the time against him. Up-close, Li Mei mauls him. Just don't stay full screen and be mindful of his super long range mid.

I'm having issues with Ashrah. Idk if it's a Li Mei thing or a me thing but I lose to her even when the player is clearly worse than me.

Wigy

There it is...
Maybe I play with lesser players than you but I don't feel it's that bad when you get used to the matchup. I was losing a lot in the beginning but now I win most of the time against him. Up-close, Li Mei mauls him. Just don't stay full screen and be mindful of his super long range mid.

I'm having issues with Ashrah. Idk if it's a Li Mei thing or a me thing but I lose to her even when the player is clearly worse than me.
He just turns off all your best moves with a 0 recovery special.

he can abuse you with f412 range, his backdash is really good so its whiff central.

his damage is nuclear and you end up in a 50/50 at the end

he can safe armour all your gaps with striker.

he can end everything in eagle and be at perfect distance to lame you out.

I havent felt so fucked since playing quan cage.

Gun hits high up so very hard to jump over and 30% if the ex hits you.

hes just generally broken but the projectile immunity when youre li mei is horrible.

rifraf

Noob
What helped me with Peacemaker is I tend to play up-close against him and I always duck his command grab, and punish with a full combo or an uppercut. His pokes are not good at this distance.

Wigy

There it is...
What helped me with Peacemaker is I tend to play up-close against him and I always duck his command grab, and punish with a full combo or an uppercut. His pokes are not good at this distance.
Doesnt sound like youve played a good peacemaker running striker.

ive played about 4-5 online and beat all of them, usually me and my sparring partner are pretty even, i got dismantled 8-2 and hes only been playing a day or two on peacemaker

you cannot get close at all and they armour all your gaps in strings and then striker makes him plus. If you try duck the 22grab you get hit by 22 low eagle striker nades into like 40%.

his projectile immune special needs a giga nerf needs to cost a bar and last 1/2 as long or cost a bar and have another 15 frames of recovery so you can actually punish it in neutral with bf4 etc.