What's new

Li Mei General Discussion

I unlocked Li Meis fireball brutality but I can not for the life of me get it to work. Is anyone else It says you have to be jump distance and hold 2 during the hit but no matter what I do it won’t work. I tried holding 2 while hitting b,f 1, I tried holding 2 after hitting b,f,1. I’ve tried full scree, one jump away, the enhanced version, I’m stumped.

Also side note, is it me or did they really nerf her from the beta ? I used to be able to get lantern to connect from air 1,3,4 into Sonya’s air punch mid screen but unless I’m missing something it can’t be done anymore.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Many of the brutalities are currently bugged.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Is it me or is Li Mei lacking heavily in the mixup department?
You aren't, she's not a mixup character it seems. She's got good pressure, damage and setup though. Plus, it's day 2ish, 3ish. So we may find different ways to open up the opponents. I have some basic tech, haven't had time to upload yet. Hopefully will tomorrow.

Syzoth

Everybody forgetting about db3?
You know I probably don't use db3 enough because of how death it is on block but it's probably anti air like a charm. I'll be trying that tonight and see if it's convertible.

Syzoth

Who do y'all think is a better Kameo for Li Mei between Frost and Sub-Zero? Or is it matchup dependent?
I would strongly recommend Sub-Zero.

With projectile immunity you suddenly become a turret of nova blasts, you can add safety to your unsafe strings and you can also get lantern combos off of his hit confirmed Freeze.

Frost is good too; But this would be my preference.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Is it me or is Li Mei lacking heavily in the mixup department?
Doesn't she have that double hitting overhead jump move that she can spend meter to either launch or be safe at -6, and a launcher that starts from a low F4 or something? Choose Scorpion as Kameo and you can get 32% off an un-reactable instant safe overhead, mixed in with a safe F4 low into overhead string which allows safe lantern setup on hit.

I might be wrong, but that's based off of what I've seen and read.

You know I probably don't use db3 enough because of how death it is on block but it's probably anti air like a charm. I'll be trying that tonight and see if it's convertible.
Not going to lie, I am in the same boat lol. I don’t know why I haven’t tried it.

Syzoth

[
Not going to lie, I am in the same boat lol. I don’t know why I haven’t tried it.
It does anti air, but they need to be relatively close. Surprisingly it doesn't convert without a Kameo even at the apex of their jump. I'm sticking to 4 right now because I've gotten the timing down and it converts for a solid 20% or more depending on positioning.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Doesn't she have that double hitting overhead jump move that she can spend meter to either launch or be safe at -6, and a launcher that starts from a low F4 or something? Choose Scorpion as Kameo and you can get 32% off an un-reactable instant safe overhead, mixed in with a safe F4 low into overhead string which allows safe lantern setup on hit.

I might be wrong, but that's based off of what I've seen and read.
You’re not wrong.
I think she can also combo off her overhead with cyrax, goro, and Sonya too although I haven’t properly tested it.

While unsafe, your low can get you 43% for one Kameo bar.

In addition, she has pretty decent stagger pressure with lots of plus frames.

I’m actually really liking her. I’ve been using scorpion Kameo. I just appreciate being able to meterlessly convert for soooo much damage.

Syzoth

You’re not wrong.
I think she can also combo off her overhead with cyrax, goro, and Sonya too although I haven’t properly tested it.

I’m actually really liking her. I’ve been using scorpion Kameo. I just appreciate being able to meterlessly convert for soooo much damage.
I've just Darrius the vast majority of the time. Recently been using Motaro to deal with counter zoning and have some more consistent lantern setups.

Gonna try Goro today. I put him in training and wasn't overly enthusiastic but after seeing HoneyBeeCMNDR use Goros block pressure - I'm like.. I need that.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I dunno if this is known but if you land Li Mei's lantern brutality (One Way Ticket) and hold down + Stance Switch + Block (D+L2+R2 on my ps5 controls) they will explode after floating off screen. Easy to practice by getting them to low health, do lantern, and pop them up into it with 3. Instead of just floating off. It rains blood and body parts. Pretty cool. I wonder what others have secret inputs like in MKX/11.

Edit: finally found video evidence on youtube someone else apparently discovered it around the same time I did and posted the recording!

UPDATE: Down is not needed. Just holding L2+R2 (Flip Stance+Block) is the trigger.

Last edited:

rifraf

Noob
I've been maining Li Mei since launch and I find her lack of Overhead options frustrating. The opponent can crouch block her for days and f3 is not a move I want to through around much. I don't understand why her b21 is not an Overhead tbh. Or, her 4312 string. Again, a potentially great option for an Overhead.

Anyone else feels she's lacking Overhead options as well?