What's new

Let's talk about your problems with IGAU

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Ok, i see I hit a nerve with you lol. Most players of Injustice don't play as just one character, first Haha. Most players of Injustice know how to play as a character that can projectile spam, second Haha. I play mostly as Batman, but when someone starts to projectile spam with say Sinestro, I'll pick Deathstroke or Superman to counter them as many players do, third Haha. So when you say you ONLY play as Doomsday then, fourth Haha. smh
Fool of the week :DOGE

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I Love when I'm inside Wayne manor on the left side of the screen with my opponent cornered. Then I land a F3, and want to B3 through the wall for unclashable damage except for some dumb fucking reason they bounce off instead of go through. Then they shoot me and kill me because I had dick for health. My win, stolen by a glitch.

That kinda shit and super ambiguous cross ups in the corner. Lookin at you Flash.

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Well you cant see true 50 50s coming, that is why they are called a 50 50. Its a guess, weather it is a hi vs low or a crossup situation the idea is that you are forcing the opponent into a guess and if you guess wrong you get hit. If it is something you can see and react to with practice it is not a true 50 50.

I personally hate the fact that in injustice there are so many safe on block 50 50s that lead to full combos. I dont mind 50 50s at all, I actually like them but IMO there should be risk to the attacker when going for a 50 50 that leads to a full combo (especially when the combo ends in another 50 50). I liked how scorpions 50 50 in mk9 worked. Massive risk but massive reward as well. IOM if you are going to have safe 50 50s they should lead to a single attack/knockdown at most and end there.
MKX SMOKE FTW

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I'm curious to read what your advice and or suggestions for MKX would be. Please, I'de like to read them.
There's not any specific way I want or demand MKX to be. If anything, I'd like it to be innovative, but we all know that can be very hit or miss. It's also obnoxiously too early in the games life to sit around and argue what is being done right and what is being done wrong, when none of us really know what's been done so far.

Your ruse to draw me into a loaded question has failed, good sir.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Obviously power characters get the most out of interactables but the whole cast has ways to dodge or punish them on reaction, and in the highest level they do. Having the upper hand in one aspect of the game doesn't mean you have an unfair advantage. Somehow people manage to make top 8 and win tourneys with non-power characters. Somehow the community agreed that we shouldn't turn them off.

Oh we're only talking about Arkham Asylum? Ok, didn't know that, since...you know, we aren't. Stop trying to shoehorn my statement into 1 stage or character just to make it work for you. What it really sounds like is you don't know how to play against them well (i.e. "you're lost lol").

Zod and MMH do have insane interactable control so I would actually agree that they're unfair in that respect (Zod particularly), but there are plenty of shitty power characters and plenty of great gadget and agility ones. Interactables are not unfair. Honestly I don't even think Arkham or Watchtower are particularly unfair.
I actually disagree with this sentiment. Gadget characters get shiteloads from interactables too; including quite a few 0-death combos.

I don't think you guys know how godlike Batgirl is
Lol. What are you talking about? I think she's fucking amazing as a character.

Oh, I can think of a few things...

a) Unblockable interactables, with hindsight, were a very poor choice. Thank god they're fixing it for MKX, that's all I can say.

b) The messed up block damage system. MK's block system works well because it's clearly focused on offense rather than defense, so most any move can do decent block damage. SF's block system works well too - having block damage only on special moves, and set at a regular 25% of normal damage, keeps the game defensive, but still encourages defense beyond simply blocking all the time.

Injustice attempts a middle ground between these two and falls flat on its face, especially on multi-hitting special moves. Making it so that every hit on block does at least 1% damage was very silly (there are only a small handful of exceptions to this 'at least 1%' rule IIRC). Coupled with the extremely limited block damage on normals, it ultimately leaves characters with safe, multi-hitting special moves at an enormous advantage on that front. The best example of this, naturally, is Aquaman's Trident Rush. Injustice should either have buffed normal block damage, or normalized special block damage, because the system as is just doesn't flow smoothly.

c) While MB b3/f3 was a great idea, and on the whole works well, a lot of the time characters end up being very reliant on this tool. Either MB b3 provides an answer to way too many tools at once, or it's pretty much the only answer to certain other tools - that needs to be balanced somehow. That said, bounce cancels requiring two bars of meter rather than one is also ridiculous - for most characters there's simply no justification for using that much meter, even if it would provide a strong combo.

d) Unless it's an MB move, there shouldn't be more than one projectile on screen at any one time. If that's too harsh, there definitely shouldn't be more than two.

e) Raven's walk speed should be set as the 'average' walk speed which everyone else is based around. Or make the stages smaller on average. But only one of those two - the walk speed wouldn't be as big an issue if the stages weren't so damn big lol.

f) The ridiculousness of 'levitating' characters having certain moves whiffing on them when they should have hit. This used to be a big problem with Harley and b22...

g) The 'MB version only comes out if initial part of special move hits' aspect of many specials. IDK, I personally preferred the MK system where you have to commit to the one bar of meter before using the MB...

coolwhip

Noob
Lol I didn't say anything bad I just like being right it feels awesome
You're right because people who aren't very good at the game repeat the same outdated issues, most of which have been proven wrong? You were definitely initially right about jumping being too powerful, but with the uppercut buffs and players developing ways dealing with jumping attacks (traditional AA'ring is not always the answer), this isn't as big of an issue although jumping is still strong, obviously. And I'm with you about interactable OTG's being a bit much. The no footises/fundamentals bullshit though, is just that: bullshit.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
I Love when I'm inside Wayne manor on the left side of the screen with my opponent cornered. Then I land a F3, and want to B3 through the wall for unclashable damage except for some dumb fucking reason they bounce off instead of go through. Then they shoot me and kill me because I had dick for health. My win, stolen by a glitch.

That kinda shit and super ambiguous cross ups in the corner. Lookin at you Flash.
@Billy Dha Kid

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
NY-Shadow gives me cancer.

And there definitely is a thing called spamming. But when I say spamming I mean people who do the same move no matter the situation.

*Knocks down DS
Wake up gunshot

*Jumps in
*Gun shot

I think you guys know what I mean.
Spamming isn't what NY-Shadow would call spamming but it exists lol

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Obviously power characters get the most out of interactables but the whole cast has ways to dodge or punish them on reaction, and in the highest level they do. Having the upper hand in one aspect of the game doesn't mean you have an unfair advantage. Somehow people manage to make top 8 and win tourneys with non-power characters. Somehow the community agreed that we shouldn't turn them off.

Oh we're only talking about Arkham Asylum? Ok, didn't know that, since...you know, we aren't. Stop trying to shoehorn my statement into 1 stage or character just to make it work for you. What it really sounds like is you don't know how to play against them well (i.e. "you're lost lol").

Zod and MMH do have insane interactable control so I would actually agree that they're unfair in that respect (Zod particularly), but there are plenty of shitty power characters and plenty of great gadget and agility ones. Interactables are not unfair. Honestly I don't even think Arkham or Watchtower are particularly unfair.
Everyone has a way to dodge. Not everyone has a way to punish on reaction. These things can't be said by one who doesn't play the characters who are at disadvantage.

Not every character in the game has the same back dash in equal recovery.
All the non power characters who make top 8 all have moves that can full combo punish any interactable in the game, most of them have evade moves (Batman double jump, Catwoman/Flash dodge, BG's tele).

You never seen the highest level. The highest level Nightwing player will get bodied by a stage like watch tower or Ferris against any Superman, MMH, Zod or any character that can control interactables against Dick.

Arkham Aylsum is one of the stages.
If you don't think I play well at that stage, then sign on PSN and play me again so I can 3-0 your Zod again to almost all 3 perfect scores. Watch who you're talking to. I'm not JeremyKO. I haven't even had time to touch this game either but I do remember giving you the smack down. But the fact is, I'll get body by any good player who's zone-minded and is at advantage with interactables, FREE. I believe any Nightwing player will. I've played over 100 of games with CD Jr and he's confirmed himself that NW will never have any success in this game due to the lack of evade options NW has and how he can lamed out by power characters who can chuck projectiles. Shit, if NW didn't have a problem with that REO would still be playing Nightwing today. Too bad he's smart.

Essentially, AA and WT become stages where the non power character has to get the fuck out of the way and evade another projectile special from the power character.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Only I'm not upset. I just merely pointed out that it shouldn't be called spamming, but instead zoning. 'Cause, y'know, that's what it is.

Stop trying to say that I'm upset to make you feel however it makes you feel. It's not the case at all and I'm sure you know it. Saying it won't cause me to get upset, either. I'm not over here foaming at the mouth banging on my keyboard because someone on a forum on the Internet has an issue with something due to a lack of skill and wants to call it something it's not.
You do realize she never stops, right?

Do yourself a favor and use the ignore button.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
being mean and salty
If everyone has a way to dodge, I think that's pretty fair. As in...it's not unfair. It's advantageous for some, but literally every character in every fighting game as advantages and disadvantages. Interactables don't throw the whole game off balance, for the reasons I stated before that you kind of just ignored.

Oh yeah I remember playing you in the EVO trip tourney, and I don't remember the individual matches being hella free even if it was 3-0, but I do remember them all being on Wayne Manor. Actually I remember you telling me I was one of the best Zod players you had played lol. But yeah I suck at IGAU, I was never good, I'm kinda new to FGs in general, and I haven't taken it seriously in a long time even though I think it is a good game. Still has no bearing on our argument.

I do see you all the time in stream chats (I didn't realize you were FlexoHyland until now) being an aggressive douche bag, so you turning the conversation into this is no surprise. You keep piling on dumb, fallacious argumentative tactics and making nonsense statements like "you have never seen the highest level" and "my argument is CDJr. approved." Then you go on to trash my friend...that's cool I guess, you seem like a really bitter person and tbh I feel sorry for you that you can't communicate or debate without being disrespectful. Like...every single post you've made in this conversation has had something dickish in it. It's very tedious to talk to you because you throw so much irrelevant material and salt into every post, so I'm gonna go ahead and slap that ignore button. Peace, man. Try to get a better attitude :/

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I'm new to FG's...just like you. lol...why make that excuse for yourself?
I told you your Zod was good so you wouldn't have so felt bad after the brutal beating I gave you on the 3-0. You were the first guy to leave the tournament, I beat you 3 times in like 2 minutes total. All the matches moving fast, you couldn't handle NW rush down with 15 frame normals and 10 frame low knockdowns and basic flip kick shenanigan that you can d3 and d2 out of... the Zod zoning wasn't your kind of style. I guess you bought the bait. GGs.

If you got your feelings hurt, then I can't apologize. You need to mature or develop some testosterone to ignore my wittiness. It's the soft people like you who ruin this community and the internet in general. Making a big scene over nothing about how someone is mistreating them over one single petty comment. Please grow a pair. That kind of attitude wouldn't go far in real life. I much rather be my own person in stream chats than a kiss butt like you casually are on twitch. Keep those lips puckered my friend.

Stay positive.

If everyone has a way to dodge, I think that's pretty fair. As in...it's not unfair. It's advantageous for some, but literally every character in every fighting game as advantages and disadvantages. Interactables don't throw the whole game off balance, for the reasons I stated before that you kind of just ignored.

Oh yeah I remember playing you in the EVO trip tourney, and I don't remember the individual matches being hella free even if it was 3-0, but I do remember them all being on Wayne Manor. Actually I remember you telling me I was one of the best Zod players you had played lol. But yeah I suck at IGAU, I was never good, I'm kinda new to FGs in general, and I haven't taken it seriously in a long time even though I think it is a good game. Still has no bearing on our argument.

I do see you all the time in stream chats (I didn't realize you were FlexoHyland until now) being an aggressive douche bag, so you turning the conversation into this is no surprise. You keep piling on dumb, fallacious argumentative tactics and making nonsense statements like "you have never seen the highest level" and "my argument is CDJr. approved." Then you go on to trash my friend...that's cool I guess, you seem like a really bitter person and tbh I feel sorry for you that you can't communicate or debate without being disrespectful. Like...every single post you've made in this conversation has had something dickish in it. It's very tedious to talk to you because you throw so much irrelevant material and salt into every post, so I'm gonna go ahead and slap that ignore button. Peace, man. Try to get a better attitude :/

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
You need to mature or develop some testosterone to ignore my wittiness.

Real talk man, don't lecture people on "going far in life" when you're the dude who's busy telling himself the reason people don't like him is he's too smart and they just need to grow a pair. The reason people don't like you is you're an asshole haha

Ok for real now, you're on my ignore list so bye.

Last edited:

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Online. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it makes me wanna break my controller. Also DD, how the fuck does it make sense that MB Venom can hit you out the air without even touching you. I will always be salty.