What's new

Let's talk about your problems with IGAU

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
As someone who has recently picked the game back up after a year + I'm having a difficult time due to the mechanics of the game. I went in expecting to play solid fundamentally, but the game simply doesn't work like that. Constantly having to keep a eye out for interactables, trait, 50/50's, ambiguous crossups, strong zoning, etc. it's a daunting task. My biggest gripe is that I have to worry about the stage as well as my opponent. Call me old fashioned, but I like it to be between me and him/her out playing each other and battling for space. I don't like that someone can just constantly hold back to reach a interactable behind them that causes me to linger because of it.

With that said, what are your gripes? It's ok to admit there is something that you don't like, but tell me what you would change to make it better. No game is perfect. THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING that makes you say, "fuckin A."

I don't want this to be a IGAU bashing thread, so please don't say something like, "I hate x so MK is better." I want to hear everyones opinion about something they don't like and what they would do to make it better.

Error

DF2+R2
I like it to be between me and him/her out playing each other and battling for space. I don't like that someone can just constantly hold back to reach a interactable behind them that causes me to linger because of it.
This is kind of contradictory, if you're outplaying/outspacing someone, this shouldn't matter most of the time.

I don't like all the safe full combo 50/50s in the game, MMH's design and Black Adam's nerfs.

TKB

Noob
My biggest issues with IGAU are:

1. The lack of consistency. We were just talking about this in another thread asking for fixes regarding wacky reversal mechanics, and those are just the tip of the iceberg. The inconsistencies in the game are really annoying to me.

2. I don't think any characters should get a stupid UNBLOCKABLE OTG at the end of their already strong combos. I absolutely LOVE background bounces and want them to stay, but the thrown Unblockable interactibles are stupid.

That being said, I still love the game and will continue to play it(probably even after MKX comes out).

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
You know that turbine interactable on Ferris Aircraft stage? I don't understand why that shit randomly hits me when I know I'm ducking.

Also get pretty disappointed in myself as a person when I get bonked by any of those slow-ass Donkey Kong barrels.

Who do you play?

Last edited:

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I like this game's neutral. I love the zoning, I love the footsies. I disliked interactables at first but the meta has gotten to the point where they are for the most part fair. I love how unique every character is and how this game manages to function balance-wise despite how off-the-wall almost every character is.

What I don't like is the amount of characters who thrive off of safe 50/50s and vortexy set-ups. Also this is the most cliche gripe ever with this game but I've never been a fan of how few characters have viable AA options.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I like this game's neutral. I love the zoning, I love the footsies. I disliked interactables at first but the meta has gotten to the point where they are for the most part fair. I love how unique every character is and how this game manages to function balance-wise despite how off-the-wall almost every character is.

What I don't like is the amount of characters who thrive off of safe 50/50s and vortexy set-ups. Also this is the most cliche gripe ever with this game but I've never been a fan of how few characters have viable AA options.
I agree to an extent.
Parts of me hates that some characters have not AA. But I think thats on aspect that makes the neutral interesting. Pre emptive j1. And baiting and trip guarding the j1s.

What I hate.
That Harleys not broken :DOGE

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I agree to an extent.
Parts of me hates that some characters have not AA. But I think thats on aspect that makes the neutral interesting. Pre emptive j1. And baiting and trip guarding the j1s.
I feel this. I don't think it's a bad aspect of the game and it definitely fits into the meta, I personally just don't love it.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
can't wait till all the 50/50's that MKX has is revealed and people start bitching and moaning and i'll be sitting back like
50/50s and vortex dont really bother me tbh. What bothers me is shitty ass movement.

We dealt with Kabal, Cyrax, Sonnya, Kitana, Kenshi, JC and KL so I'm pretty sure we can deal with anything else.

To add to this, let them have safe 50/50s and combo starters but add a perry system to be able to perry it like the second hit of a string or a special move and full combo punish it like KI3 does.

Most things on KI3 are safe on block but no on whiff or perry!