What's new

Let's talk about your problems with IGAU

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson

Real talk man, don't lecture people on "going far in life" when you're the dude who's busy telling himself the reason people don't like him is he's too smart and they just need to grow a pair. The reason people don't like you is you're an asshole haha

Ok for real now, you're on my ignore list so bye.
How you say you put me on your ignore list, then still reply back? lol, you're defeating yourself. I don't even need to try.
That's kind of move someone makes when they feel like they're "losing" am I right?

People LOVE me, people in this community don't even know who you are. To be honest, you became relevant by entering that tourney, nothing. That's not a good look. But please...share more salt... <3

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast

Real talk man, don't lecture people on "going far in life" when you're the dude who's busy telling himself the reason people don't like him is he's too smart and they just need to grow a pair. The reason people don't like you is you're an asshole haha

Ok for real now, you're on my ignore list so bye.
OG Rock Gif! *steals*

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
whenever i look at this thread title i always imagine that its this guy saying it

Oh, I can think of a few things...

a) Unblockable interactables, with hindsight, were a very poor choice. Thank god they're fixing it for MKX, that's all I can say.

b) The messed up block damage system. MK's block system works well because it's clearly focused on offense rather than defense, so most any move can do decent block damage. SF's block system works well too - having block damage only on special moves, and set at a regular 25% of normal damage, keeps the game defensive, but still encourages defense beyond simply blocking all the time.

Injustice attempts a middle ground between these two and falls flat on its face, especially on multi-hitting special moves. Making it so that every hit on block does at least 1% damage was very silly (there are only a small handful of exceptions to this 'at least 1%' rule IIRC). Coupled with the extremely limited block damage on normals, it ultimately leaves characters with safe, multi-hitting special moves at an enormous advantage on that front. The best example of this, naturally, is Aquaman's Trident Rush. Injustice should either have buffed normal block damage, or normalized special block damage, because the system as is just doesn't flow smoothly.

c) While MB b3/f3 was a great idea, and on the whole works well, a lot of the time characters end up being very reliant on this tool. Either MB b3 provides an answer to way too many tools at once, or it's pretty much the only answer to certain other tools - that needs to be balanced somehow. That said, bounce cancels requiring two bars of meter rather than one is also ridiculous - for most characters there's simply no justification for using that much meter, even if it would provide a strong combo.

d) Unless it's an MB move, there shouldn't be more than one projectile on screen at any one time. If that's too harsh, there definitely shouldn't be more than two.

e) Raven's walk speed should be set as the 'average' walk speed which everyone else is based around. Or make the stages smaller on average. But only one of those two - the walk speed wouldn't be as big an issue if the stages weren't so damn big lol.

f) The ridiculousness of 'levitating' characters having certain moves whiffing on them when they should have hit. This used to be a big problem with Harley and b22...

g) The 'MB version only comes out if initial part of special move hits' aspect of many specials. IDK, I personally preferred the MK system where you have to commit to the one bar of meter before using the MB...
no need for tons of chip damage, batman nightwing and martian would be absolutely op... especially considering all the mixups... i think its fine, the only problematic chip in the game is aquaman nightwing and batman(arguably)...

and meter burn is an amazing mechanic which opens on the game... mb was one of the best innovations along with trait inb the game...

my primary problem with injustice is the risk reward system on some moves... which is kind of funny because my main is one of the biggest offenders

Last edited: