What's new

Lets re-imagine some of the 3D characters, and make them suck less.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
So, I'm bored, stuck at a place with nothing to do, randomly thinking about MK10, and the crappy 3D characters NRS is probably going to bring back.

So in this thread, lets try and re-imagine some of these characters, movesets, story, appearance, everything.

I'm going to start with a character that I sorta like, Shujinko.

To be honest, I only like him because he looks cool, he reminds me of Pai Mei from Kill Bill, and old Hong Kong kung fu movies, as well as Gen from Street Fighter.

The problem is he has a terrible moveset, and his origin and story are all pretty terrible. Basically the whole Dragon King thing is just fucking stupid, its even dumb for a fighting game plot.

I would just wipe it all and start fresh with him.

I noticed in the 3D games, Shujinko had the same normals/stances as Kung Lao, Mantis style, and Shaolin Fist, probably because they are both Chinese looking and NRS was lazy or didn't have enough time to make anything new.
I say use that and make Shujinko Kung Lao's master, similar to how Boraicho is Liu Kangs. Personality wise make Shujinko similar to Pai Mei, an old arragont douchebag who thinks everyone sucks. Story wise, Shujinko comes out of being a hermit because his worthless student got his neck snapped like a bitch, so Shujinko bored decides to take out some revenge. Shao Khan being dead, he decides to go for the next best thing, Raiden, he sucks and it's all his fault anyway. Maybe he could have a weird passive aggressive relationship with Boraicho, and make fun of him because Liu Kang is a shiteater.

Moveset wise, I have no idea what MK10 will play like so I'm just making him play like an MK9 character for now.

His normals will be styled after Mantis style, which he used in the 3D games. Lots of finger pokes and slashes. He also has a few of MK9 Kung Laos strings(I chose the ones that looked cool).

Windy Palm (1121)
Plum Blossum (241+32)

As well as 3 or 4 new strings that are more Mantisy. Maybe even bring back some from MKdeception, they seemed all right, just kinda poorly animated.

Specials, again he has a handful of Kung Laos specials, and some brand new ones.

Spin-Exactly like KL's, 6f AA launcher, unsafe. EX version is safe, and has lots of pushback, giving him breathing room.

Roll-Also KL's, but upgraded from Command Normal to Special. EX version he goes 3 times as far and has hella frame advantage.

Divekick-Again, another KL move. Normal version is similar to KL. EX version knocks the opponent to the ground and he rides them across the stage, leaving them in a hard knockdown state.

Pressure point slash-A quick finger poke, does reasonable damage and knocks them down. EX version, if it hits, it goes into a slight cinmatic throw thing, where he hits the opponent with several pressure points and then knocks them away. For 5 seconds afterwards they can not use any special moves.

Deep Thought- He strokes his beard for 3 seconds, it parrys high and mid attacks. You can also dash cancel it, if you do, it gives your dash different properties. The dash will go twice as far, and will have projectile invincibility, however you can't cancel it into a normal or special, only with a block.

Taunt-He laughs and flicks his beard. Causes his next normal or special to do 50% more damage. EX version causes his next combo of 3 or more hits to have less damage scaling.

Palm Strike-A quick far reaching palm strike, does little damage, no pushback, negative on block and hit, but it breaks and has priority over armored moves.

X-ray
Eye Pluck-What Pai Mei likes to do, a quick 6F high, short range. He rips there eye out, when the cinematic happens, it slows down and goes all X-ray mode as it shows the eye being pulled out of the socket. Then he knocks them away with a palm strike.

Since KL is dead and probably won't be in MK10, this is a nice way to sorta represent him, as well as make Shujinko cool.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Another character I think looks cool, but has a lame story and moves, Havik.

The whole order and chaos realm thing is just kinda lame.
I would just make him one of Shinnok's lackys. Just some monk who sold his soul to Quan Chi to save his temple. So Quan turned him into a freaky undead thing, you know, like he always does.

You know those stupid mini games in MK9 where you can lose your head/arms/legs? Well use those functions for Haviks moves. A lot of his moves make him lose a limb and he becomes vulnerable for a little while until they regenerate. To compensate, he does massive damage, and can regenerate some health, similar to MKD.

His normals would be all kinds of weird animations where he contorts his body, or rips off an arm to to use it as a weapon for more reach. Some normals and strings will leave him with out limbs for a bit.

Special moves

Zombie Spear- He does a running tack and knocks the opponent over, and then chews on their face, then he rolls back. This restores a little bit of his health.
Enhanced-Before rolling away from the opponent, he vomits all the blood back onto to them, poisoning them.

Axe Kick- He does an overhead axe kick, does large damage and knocks them away, he loses a leg.
Enhanced-He no longer loses a leg, and it causes a ground bounce.

Pestilence-He shoots a swarm of flies out of his mouth, has 3 different speeds. They take up a large portion of the screen, if they hit they poison the opponent and puts them in a stun state where they freak out and swat at the flies.

Shotput-He rips his arm and spins around and then chucks it at the opponent, a straight projectile that hits overhead.
Enhanced-The arm becomes unblockable, does more damage, and explodes on impact.

Head slam- Does an AA headbut, the impact causes his head to explode, regenerates in a few seconds.

Torso Spin-A advancing special move where he spins his torso around and hits people with his flailing arms. Knocks them fullscreen and he loses both arms.
Enhanced-Travels farther, does more damage, and has 1 hit of super armor.

X-ray
Neck Snap- He snaps his own neck, he gains 25% health back.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
I like Shujinko, his story would have been wayyy better, but they just made it become a mess and make up shit to make him have something to do with other chars. Havik's story is lame, at least his moveset and his look are good. I also want to see a better story of Tanya and Blaze. Tanya's MK4 story is weak and prove that NRS/MK Team was lazy.Blaze and all of those Armageddon, Taven's relationship is so stupid.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Rathalos

Styles: Dont Kno Tha Fa K What I Z Talk Ing Abo Ut
Moves:
Pillar of Stupidity - summons walls of text of pure nonsense and garbage.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Havik should use his mace more for some brutal ass beatdowns. I'd like that.

do Drahmin next ples

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Havik should use his mace more for some brutal ass beatdowns. I'd like that.

do Drahmin next ples

Drahmin and Havik seem like they are kinda the same thing, just Havik looks cool, and Drahmin has a stupid club for an arm.
I don't think NRS would even use him because his design is asymmetrical, and as long as they animate their games with stance switch in mind, he wouldn't work, unless they gave him two arm clubs, like what happened with Freddy.

Though I will do my own re-imagine of him eventually when I get bored again.
Other people are welcome to try as well, so I don't look like a crazy person blabbering to myself.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Drahmin and Havik seem like they are kinda the same thing, just Havik looks cool, and Drahmin has a stupid club for an arm.
I don't think NRS would even use him because his design is asymmetrical, and as long as they animate their games with stance switch in mind, he wouldn't work, unless they gave him two arm clubs, like what happened with Freddy.

Though I will do my own re-imagine of him eventually when I get bored again.
Other people are welcome to try as well, so I don't look like a crazy person blabbering to myself.
Drahmin is an ancient warlord turned Oni, maybe some other weapon play could be introduced to him. And he WAS an agent of Quan(?) in DA so that's there, he'd be cool to be reintroduced with Moloch (another personal favorite) in my opinion.

I'll try and do my thoughts of him later. Maybe I'll do Chameleon too.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Zombie Spear- He does a running tack and knocks the opponent over, and then chews on their face, then he rolls back. This restores a little bit of his health.
Enhanced-Before rolling away from the opponent, he vomits all the blood back onto to them, poisoning them.
This right here makes me want Havik back.

Reactions: RYX

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Well when you think about it, correct combo breaker usage is basically just trading 2 meters for anywhere from 10-40 percent health.

That's fair. How would it activate if it were to function like that? I'm imagining it being like a shoulder charge that knocks the opponent down, and then he stands over them and snaps his neck

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
That's fair. How would it activate if it were to function like that? I'm imagining it being like a shoulder charge that knocks the opponent down, and then he stands over them and snaps his neck

I was going to say some kind of slow start up move, where you are given ample time to knock him out of it.

But making it an attack could work to.

Maybe, a headbutt, he slams his head into them really hard, causing his head to snap and twist all the way backwards, then he grabs it and twists it the other way fixing it.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I was going to say some kind of slow start up move, where you are given ample time to knock him out of it.

But making it an attack could work to.

Maybe, a headbutt, he slams his head into them really hard, causing his head to snap and twist all the way backwards, then he grabs it and twists it the other way fixing it.

Oh a slow start up would work. I was just thinking of it as an attack so that it could still be blocked like a regular Xray. I actually really like the idea of slow start up, because then the Havik player would have to try and set it up with a hard knockdown or something

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Reading your havin ideas makes me really excited. Even though he may or may not be in the next game. Lol

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Okay I did this pretty quick.

Drahmin

Instead of being the Oni, he is mearly possessed by one. He was originally a Japanese Samurai(Oni's are from Japan afterall), he was a rvial of Kenshi(now that shangs dead, dude needs something). He still works for the Neatherealm, and in turn Quan and Jerkface.

In combat he is a bit gimmicky, he starts off wearing full Samurai armor, and a red Oni mask, and he weilds a Kanabo style club. However, once he loses his first round, his mask falls off, and he goes crazy and his armor burns off, and he looks like classic Drahmin, naked skinless guy wearing a loincloth, he also has glowing red eyes and red aura around him similar to the aura GL has in Injustice.

Some references

Well wearing the mask and armor, he is normal and sane, he holds his club over his shoulder. Well maskless he is more aggressive, angry, and he drags the club on the ground. Gameplay wise, his normals and stings mostly stay the same, howeve with the mask, they are bit slower, and safe for the most part. When he removes the mask, the animations change slightly, they become faster, deal more damage, but become punishable. Some moves change from mids to lows to give him mixups.

Specials

Propeller- Similar to his MKD move, he spins the club around in a 360 motion.
Enchanced- Gets one hit of armor.

Rising Uppercut- Swings the club from the ground to the air. When in active frames, the club will deflect projectiles.
Enhanced- Launches

Ground Smash- An OTG move, he slams the tip of the club into their stomach or back.
Enhanced- Instead of using the tip, he slams the spikes into them, and well they are stuck on the spikes he lifts them back into the air as a relaunch. Gravity is super severe so you can only get one or two hits.

Next two specials can only be used when his mask is off.

Grab and Swing- A command throw, he grabs them and then throws them into the air, and uses his club as a baseball bat to launch them to the other side of the screen.

Oni Rage- The red aura around him explodes and gets even bigger, if the increased aura touches the opponent it slowly saps their meter. Lasts for 5 seconds.
Enhanced- Lasts for 15 seconds, but saps it at a slower rate.

X-ray
Club Toss- He chucks the club at the opponent, and because of the spikes, it get stuck to their face, he then rips it off them, and then smashes their skull in.

He also has two different victory poses, if he is wearing the mask, he puts his club over his shoulder and walks away. With out his mask, he takes the club and beats his opponents corpse, on a repeat animation like Quan Chi's fatality.

Special note.
I hate his name, Drahmin, I find it awkward and clunky to say, he is not a fondly remembered character, so I don't think many people would be upset if they changed it. I would have said just calling him Oni would be a better idea, its a very sleek and sexy name, but Super Sayan Akuma is going by that now a days.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
@NRS
Just bring Drahmin back and you can do whatever the hell you want with the rest of the roster.

Reactions: RYX

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Bring Shujinko and Shinnok back so we can have a random select character. Well, Shujinko isn't a random select but he has Special Moves from multiple characters.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
ASHRAH

Actually I think she's fine for the most part.

A demon who finds a magical sword that convinces her if she uses it to kill demons she will be purified of all her misdeeds. Kinda generic, but mostly in offensive.
She looks cool, modestly dressed compared to most MK girls, and her powers are visually interesting.

I wouldn't really do much to her, just gonna make a random moveset based on her powers.

Heaven Blast- She shoots a fireball straight into the air, it tracks the opponent on the way down.
Enhanced- The fireball hits overhead and knocks down.

Kriss Throw- She throws her trademark Kriss sword at the opponents feet, hits low and tracks.
Enhanced- The Kriss explodes with holy energy and launches the opponent.

Heavenly Torpedo- Standard psycho crusher, goes 3/4 of the screen.
Enhanced- She glows with holy energy, faster, goes full screen, armor breaks.

Heavenly Light- She holds her Kriss in a blocking stance, and it shoots out light, blinding the opponent, close range.
Enhanced- Stuns them long enough to grant a free combo.

Light Wave- She slashes her sword creating a wave of holy energy, generic fireball, hits high, very fast.
Enhanced- She slashes a second time, shooting a wave into the air.

Holy Spirit- A short range Kriss stab to the gut. Well the sword is inside them, it summons 4 small holy orbs that float around the opponent for 8 seconds. Inputting the special again makes one orb explode, causes high block stun and chip damage.

Air Kriss Throw- She throws the Kriss well in the air, unlike the ground version, it doesn't track, just goes in a diagonal direction. It also has a stream of white light following it increasing the hitbox.
Enhanced- If the Kriss hits, she teleports to it, and then rips it out of their foot and and does a quick upward slash, launching them.

X-ray
Spin Cycle- She does a KL spin to activate her X-ray, after it hits, she grabs their head and zaps their body with holy energy, the energy crushes all of their organs and blasts them backwards.