What's new

Last Days Till MKX; Hype Survival and Coping Group Therapy Thread

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So we are now a mere 20-something days away from the arrival of Mortal Kombat X. If you're like me, you may have reached a point somewhere between the last few weeks of reveals and announcements, where you feel like you're waiting for Christmas, a first paycheck, or release of Half-Life 3 (Gabe Newell, for the love of humanity, we implore you).

You hype may have attained an unstably high fever pitch, of near-unhealthy levels, whereupon you look at the calendar and realize that there are still 3 weeks left. Each passing day somehow turns into 48 or 72 hours, and you begin to despair and contemplate building a time machine to arrive at April 14th and end your starvation and misery.

Well my friends, for those of you who are suffering from dangerous levels of hype and anticipation overload, we now have... The MKX Hype Survival and Coping thread. In it, you can share with others who are in the same boat, and help your friends make it through these trying and difficult weeks.

So:
-What are you doing to pass the time till MKX?
-Are you distracting yourself somehow?
-Are you spending time on any other MK-related things
-Have you figured out a way to lessen the struggle of waiting almost 4 years in order to wait.. 20.. More.. days..
-Are you preparing some how? Clearing space in your schedule, or making plans? (Your scene, your friends)

Come everyone, and share your experiences in this thread as we count down to Day 0. Stay strong -- and together we will survive :p

Last edited:

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
I'm also on the Bloodborne hype train which is just a few days away. That will keep me busy and distracted for a long while!

I've also decided to go through and re-watch every Friday the 13th with some friends of mine since Jason was announced. I haven't watched any of these movies since Freddy Vs Jason was in the theatre. It's almost like watching some of these for the first time again.

And I'm catching up on the IDW TMNT comics since that run is almost over.

Gamer68

Fujin!
To help pass the time, I've been going back and playing MK9. What I'm trying to do is beat Arcade mode with all characters, on Expert, and with no Match losses. Again, with all characters. I've already unlocked the entire Krypt, beat the Story, and beat both Challenge Towers (I'm playing on the Vita version, so I have two Challenge Towers).

I'm actually almost done with the Arcade challenge thingy; I only have 10 characters left to do. Considering there's 24 days left until release, I think I will be done almost 2 weeks before release.

What am I going to do after I'm done with MK9? I honestly don't know... I guess I will just have to wait and see whats next!

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Ugh its bad. I hate being dialed into gaming news since it just gets me excited months or years out from release dates. Id rather find out a week from release or less so I can just get there. As a kid you only knew a new game had come out when you saw the mofo on the shelf!

Gamer68

Fujin!
I hit the refresh button on tym just about 20 times a minute.

When life gets in the way and I can't refresh it I imagine that I'm missing out on huuuuuuuuge news. :mad:

Crack heads have an easier time than this.
LOL! I have the same problem! I'm constantly checking this things:
  • Ed Boon's Twitter
  • Tyler Lansdown's Twitter
  • Shaun Himmerick's Twitter
  • NetherRealm's Twitter
  • Test Your Might
    • The front-page, plus multiple threads. Like the Ed Boon twitter watch thread, or the Character speculation thread.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Well for one, I can't stop checking TYM, so my productivity in other areas has gone out the window.

Considering I'll be streaming MKX 30+ hours per week, I've been getting my "stream station" set up:

It's filthy and unorganized at the moment. Gotta clean it and organize all of the wires. Still gotta find a spot for the PS4.

I've also been streaming as much MK9 as possible to try to build up a little pre-release following.

Got my Hitbox repaired.

Hired a host to cover some of my shows, freeing up more time for MKX...

I believe that's about it. Check out my stream at www.twitch.tv/karaokelove! <3

Dark

Noob
I'm also on the Bloodborne hype train which is just a few days away. That will keep me busy and distracted for a long while!

I've also decided to go through and re-watch every Friday the 13th with some friends of mine since Jason was announced. I haven't watched any of these movies since Freddy Vs Jason was in the theatre. It's almost like watching some of these for the first time again.

And I'm catching up on the IDW TMNT comics since that run is almost over.
I think I might buy Bloodborne just to have fun with a game until this one comes out, and pass time.

Been too long since I bought a videogame.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Been choosing between Premium Edition or Kollector's Edition. Been passing the time with Destiny Raids, BF4.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So:
-What are you doing to pass the time till MKX?
Lying on my bed crying relentlessly to kill the pain of waiting.
-Are you distracting yourself somehow?
The crying distracts me from the pain for a little while.
-Are you spending time on any other MK-related things
Is bed-ridden crying MK-related?
-Have you figured out a way to lessen the struggle of waiting almost 4 years in order to wait.. 20.. More.. days..
There is one way I've found, it involves positioning yourself horizontally upon a frame-supported mattress and emptying your tear glands.
-Are you preparing some how? Clearing space in your schedule, or making plans? (Your scene, your friends)
I've been trying to prepare by grabbing my notebook to write down all the characters names in preparation for MKX but then I remember what I'm about to write about and retreat to my foetal position to cry some more.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Games: started Pillars of Eternity (damn, it's so good!)
O.O Isn't it out on 26th of March? This and Tides of Numenera are other games I'm hyping for next to MK X. Where should I move to have earlier access. QQ

Btw. Was gifted Planescape Torment by some awesome soul on gog.com. So yeah... I'm coping. Barely though. The MK hype is too real.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Well for one, I can't stop checking TYM, so my productivity in other areas has gone out the window.

Considering I'll be streaming MKX 30+ hours per week, I've been getting my "stream station" set up:

It's filthy and unorganized at the moment. Gotta clean it and organize all of the wires. Still gotta find a spot for the PS4.
Mah man.

Masturbating.
Eew.