What's new

Guide - Kung Jin Kung Jin Living Guide Thread

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
FYI - To unlock Jin's hidden throw Brutality you must use 3 interactibles in a match, and then the last hit to kill the opponent must be a throw. I'm so happy I unlocked this. I love ending a match with this awesome Brutality.

Also...Has anyone found out if there is a hidden X-Ray Brutality for Jin?

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
FYI - To unlock Jin's hidden throw Brutality you must use 3 interactibles in a match, and then the last hit to kill the opponent must be a throw. I'm so happy I unlocked this. I love ending a match with this awesome Brutality.

Also...Has anyone found out if there is a hidden X-Ray Brutality for Jin?
Seriously? I can't wait to try this out!

boxbrosg

Noob
For all my Ancestral peeps, I'd like to discuss the best strings for safely loading arrows on hit.

So far, I've found 3,4,3 xx load arrow and f2,4,3 xx load arrow to be pretty effective. Any others?
I'm not as my PS4 right now but wouldn't just 3,4 xx load arrow be safer than finishing the string? You can still special cancel that string after the 4 and I feel like the frames are better. I could be wrong.

Outside of that I use b1,4 the most (Most likely too much) and I do my best to load an arrow every time I hit a freeze arrow. I actually watched a bit of your stream the other day and noticed you never pre-loaded an arrow when you hit them up close with freeze which I feel is something you might want to start getting use to. You always finished the combo then loaded which I think can be blown up by a wake up move.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
I'm not as my PS4 right now but wouldn't just 3,4 xx load arrow be safer than finishing the string? You can still special cancel that string after the 4 and I feel like the frames are better. I could be wrong.

I'd agree - 3,4 and 1,1 are both 0 on block I believe - although they start high, so you can get poked x(

Varion

Noob
It's jump in 4, dive kick ( for many and you have to do it quick) other than that... It's nj2...dive kick

ahorror

Noob
It's jump in 4, dive kick ( for many and you have to do it quick) other than that... It's nj2...dive kick
Yeah I'm aware of the nj2 into dive kick that's not really what I was asking about. It was about the jump in. Which you did answer and helped me figure out what was wrong, thanks.

I've done this a few times and never unlocked it nor did the brutality. I've tried using 3 interactibles in the first round, ending with a throw, then using 3 in the next and ending with a throw. Didn't get it. Tried using only 3 in the 2nd round and ending with a throw, nothing. Not sure what the exact criteria is I guess.

MadeFromMetal

Will make a post about Kung Jin's wake up pressure once I get home. It's really damn good and you end up being safe on the strings unlike most of the cast. Be on the look out sometime tonight
Looking forward to it.

Also, that dive kick combo I posted a few days ago that you said you wanted to test first...I just wanted to let you know that I practiced it for a few hours and got it down. I even hit it reliably online. Have you gotten a chance to test it out?

Varion

Noob
Will make a post about Kung Jin's wake up pressure once I get home. It's really damn good and you end up being safe on the strings unlike most of the cast. Be on the look out sometime tonight
Who should I pick up as an alt? Maining jin but would like another to not feel so cheap

Bender

Who should I pick up as an alt? Maining jin but would like another to not feel so cheap
I think Devora has a similar play style as KJ (bojutsu variation). She will probably be my next character.

I also want to pick up Cassy Cage, but - she is cheap as hell lol.

Varion

Noob
Who else are you guys picking up as alts? I'm looking at Raiden, Takeda, Ermac, or someone else.

Edit: is Dvorah rush down?

MadeFromMetal

Don't ever feel cheap for winning. Win at whatever cost and when you lose, learn from it. That being said, I've tested Takeda, Kenshi, Cassie and Ermac. I like Takeda for his range and options in the air. I like Kenshi for getting behind ice clone. Lol. I like ermac for his mobility and I like Cassie for her personality. Just fool around in training until you find someone that speaks to you.

Last edited:

Varion

Noob
Don't ever feel cheap for winning. Win Ay whatever cost and when you lose, learn from it. That being said, I've tested Takeda, Kenshi, Cassie and Ermac. I like Takeda for his range and options in the air. I like Kenshi for getting behind ice clone. Lol. I like ermac for his mobility and I like Cassie for her personality. Just fool around in training until you find someone that speaks to you.
Very wise words. Takeda looks like he has the ability to mix it up a lot... Raiden looks like a combo master, and Ermac looks unstoppable once you get everything down...

Really between these 3... Might just try to have them all.

Bender

Who else are you guys picking up as alts? I'm looking at Raiden, Takeda, Ermac, or someone else.

Edit: is Dvorah rush down?
Yeah, but she seems like a mid screen rushdown character with good mix up (has long reach and big combos). One variation has a low bug you can send out and run with from full screen to get in. I've played some really good ones - I think it was xenomorph's and she can be tough to deal with

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
There's no such thing as cheap. You can play dirty. You can be a scumbag. And those are compliments. For alts, it's a good idea to pick someone who shines in areas in which your main is lacking to cover more MUs.

MadeFromMetal

What are you guys using his Bojutsu Flame Ball for? It seems too slow and high to be an anti-air. Currently, it only serves as a signal flare that I dropped a combo.

Varion

Noob
What are you guys using his Bojutsu Flame Ball for? It seems too slow and high to be an anti-air. Currently, it only serves as a signal flare that I dropped a combo.
Playing against nubs and people that can't stop being zoned I spam 2-3 arrows into flame ball, rinse and repeat. Makes me laugh.

MadeFromMetal

Hmmm...thats a good strategy. didn't even think of that. I was looking at the move on its own or as Reptile's force ball where you could run in after, but then they could just block and not jump. Thanks.

ferneo6

Rhizomes and moustaches
Am I the only one that has a random fireball come out when doing db3 to end a combo?

I've stopped accidentally doing Flame Ball after turning off Negative Edge

Also I just throw it out whenever I wna zone or if the enemy likes jumping in (I suck at uppercutting on time)

MadeFromMetal

Am I the only one that has a random fireball come out when doing db3 to end a combo?
No, because that's exactly what I was referring to. Even with release check turned off, the b21~db3 sometimes registers as b2~db1. I've even taken it into the lab and watched my inputs to be sure I'm not hitting directions before shapes. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.