Votes: 139 34.3%
  • Blood God

Votes: 61 15.1%
  • All Equally

Votes: 35 8.6%

• Total voters

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
Tremor isn't dead. Its almost necessary to choose his Earthshaker variation though and play the run away game to land a hit, then run up to maximize the damage off of it.

As far as Kotal, just let the controller go neutral anytime before inputting his F2.

Learn a combo. Go with something swaggy...
http://imgur.com/oV8zTeL
...and practice until you can do it without thinking.

Its especially key that you learn how to link his J1 with his F2. Get the timing down and learn to let the controller go neutral before the F2.
IM SORRY BUT IF YOU THINK SUNGOD ISNT VIABLE THEN YOU MUST SUCK.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
IM SORRY BUT IF YOU THINK SUNGOD ISNT VIABLE THEN YOU MUST SUCK.
Has Sun God seen any representation at majors?

I've run with Sun God since the beginning, but every time I run into a decent War God - its tough.

Then, I switch to War God - who I'm not nearly as good with as I am with Sun God- and I start winning and everything just seems easy.

War God is loaded with tools. You can't jump at War God unless he's recovering from a projectile or his unblockable - and, if he has a bar, its a full combo.

Jump at Sun God all you want. You just have to do it safely. Against War God, there is nowhere to hide.

Play the matchup with evenly matched players and War God obliterates its counterparts.

GAV

"Totems are not a tool" made me confused.
They are a tool for manipulating bars, but don't actually help you to land a hit or avoid getting hit.

When I say "tool", I mean for creating opportunities.

A low or overhead sword swing is a tool. A command grab is a tool. Totems, in this sense, aren't tools. They don't help you create offense or defense. The just manipulate the numbers involved, but don't help those numbers to get started.

@Darth_Peachez

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
They are a tool for manipulating bars, but don't actually help you to land a hit or avoid getting hit.

When I say "tool", I mean for creating opportunities.

A low or overhead sword swing is a tool. A command grab is a tool. Totems, in this sense, aren't tools. They don't help you create offense or defense. The just manipulate the numbers involved, but don't help those numbers to get started.

@Darth_Peachez
Totems not being a tool doesn't mean anything though. Defense totem is insanely good and is an immense help to Blood God. A variation not getting tools per se doesn't mean he's any less good.

I personally dont like wargod. It is effective but not really fun for me at all. However I like sun god vey much and I dont expect a win where it is not really possible with him (and where wargod might be viable).
I play bg too but thats still less fun than sun god.
Sun god mind game is what I like very much - but i am not a tournament player where win matters only.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
Has Sun God seen any representation at majors?

I've run with Sun God since the beginning, but every time I run into a decent War God - its tough.

Then, I switch to War God - who I'm not nearly as good with as I am with Sun God- and I start winning and everything just seems easy.

War God is loaded with tools. You can't jump at War God unless he's recovering from a projectile or his unblockable - and, if he has a bar, its a full combo.

Jump at Sun God all you want. You just have to do it safely. Against War God, there is nowhere to hide.

Play the matchup with evenly matched players and War God obliterates its counterparts.
WHY WOULD U BE ABLE TO JUMP AT WAR GOD AND NOT SUNGOD, IM REALLY STARTING TO THINK UR JUST BAD.

GAV

WHY WOULD U BE ABLE TO JUMP AT WAR GOD AND NOT SUNGOD, IM REALLY STARTING TO THINK UR JUST BAD.
I figured you were bad from the beginning, but the uninformed nature of your posts is moving the figurative into the definitive.

War God has an armored overhead launcher that bounces aerial opponents high.

GAV

Totems not being a tool doesn't mean anything though. Defense totem is insanely good and is an immense help to Blood God. A variation not getting tools per se doesn't mean he's any less good.
I was explaining what I meant by the term "tool."

BG doesn't measure up the WG though. I actually think BG is the worst of Kotal's variations viability-wise.

WG has the most tools for winning exchanges and that is what this game boils down to.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
I figured you were bad from the beginning, but the uninformed nature of your posts is moving the figurative into the definitive.

War God has an armored overhead launcher that bounces aerial opponents high.
IF YOU ARE WASTING A BAR JUST TO ANTI AIR U CANNOT BE HELPED.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
@GAV

We get it WG is superior to his counterparts but that doesn't justify you completely disregarding what Blood God and Sun God has to offer.

Also saying you can jump on Sun God all day doesn't even make sense, have you heard of F2, S1, & D2 and air takedown. They're universal by the way

Darth_Peachez

In the UK with a US PS4. Fuck me, right?
@GAV

We get it WG is superior to his counterparts but that doesn't justify you completely disregarding what Blood God and Sun God has to offer.

Also saying you can jump on Sun God all day doesn't even make sense, have you heard of F2, S1, & D2 and air takedown. They're universal by the way
Don't forget how godlike b1 is for anti airing... No one should want to jump in on any of Kotal's variations because of how good his universal normals are... except for crossups. And we cannot forget that YES, WG does have an armored launcher... but if someone sees that coming from a mile away then you're out of a bar of meter and you're looking at a full combo punish, or whiff punish if they decide to jump over the read on your wakeup.

Besides of all of Kotal's variations, WG is the most meter dependant, terrible at building it and also has the least damage output. BG and SG can build hella meter and also they have abysmal block string frame traps using what seems like endless meter.

Good tip on facing a WG player; when they have meter then always expect the OH sword... I'll eat that low everyday, because eventually they get cheeky and want that "extra damage", then blow them up for it.

GAV

IF YOU ARE WASTING A BAR JUST TO ANTI AIR U CANNOT BE HELPED.
I actually thought the capitalization and dumb posts were a schtick.

Do you play War God at all? Have you played against any decent War Gods?

An armored launcher means a guaranteed full combo on jump.

If I point up, do I need to say up - or will you get that on your own?

GAV

Don't forget how godlike b1 is for anti airing... No one should want to jump in on any of Kotal's variations because of how good his universal normals are... except for crossups. And we cannot forget that YES, WG does have an armored launcher... but if someone sees that coming from a mile away then you're out of a bar of meter and you're looking at a full combo punish, or whiff punish if they decide to jump over the read on your wakeup.

Besides of all of Kotal's variations, WG is the most meter dependant, terrible at building it and also has the least damage output. BG and SG can build hella meter and also they have abysmal block string frame traps using what seems like endless meter.

Good tip on facing a WG player; when they have meter then always expect the OH sword... I'll eat that low everyday, because eventually they get cheeky and want that "extra damage", then blow them up for it.
That armored launcher is perfect anti-air. Good WG's aren't just throwing it out there. It has a very specific and powerful guaranteed application.

I actually eat the low a lot, but in doing that I'm giving him meter. I know how to play the matchup, but if WG knows too - and if he's skilled, then WG wins.

I know this because I can turn the tables most of the time just by switching to WG, even though I'm much better at playing SG. WG just has more options and wins the matchup pretty easily. I know how to play WG and can do some swaggy combos with him; my WG just isn't up to the level of my SG. Regardless, WG wins.

If I switch to WG, I become much harder to beat even though my level of skill with that variation is considerably lower.

I was right about pre-patch Hunter and HQT and I'm right about this too.

GAV

@GAV

Understood. I'm not getting jumped on all day in SG, but no one dares even try against WG. In WG, any jump in is going to result in the armored launching overhead - and it will get followed up by a swaggy 40+ percent combo. In SG and BG, they'll eat a B1 that may be able to combo'ed from after.

War God is A+ to S.

Sun and Blood God are B tiers.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
Most people that have played me say that about me too.
if your in europe jump on xbox and play me, my gt is jharris1993.

also ur hitting 40% off ex oh sword anti air? u can use air grab as a universal anti air that is v good, also b1 is a great anti air that can be confirmed into around 35% for a bar, honestly some of ur recent posts only expose ur lack of knowledge of sun and blood god, and tbh kotal as a whole

Darth_Peachez

In the UK with a US PS4. Fuck me, right?
Understood. I'm not getting jumped on all day in SG, but no one dares even try against WG. In WG, any jump in is going to result in the armored launching overhead - and it will get followed up by a swaggy 40+ percent combo. In SG and BG, they'll eat a B1 that may be able to combo'ed from after.

War God is A+ to S.

Sun and Blood God are B tiers.
I need to see this "swaggy" 40+ from an anti air confirm. And do you know who MADZIN or Forever King are? If you watch either of their BG you can easily see how BG has potential S tier status.