What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn 3 in 1 - Closer look

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just as a correction @Eddy Wang , the obsidian totem doesn't reduce damage like we thought.
So I'm beginning to suspect the obsidian totem actually does reduce chip damage.
We've seen in gameplay that it doesn't scale the combo down any or boost his damage, and it would make sense for his totem form to have some kind of chip prevention.
Speculation, but possible.
So you don't have sure. How do you came up with this bro? You have a different suspiction almost every different day, my first assumption was correct.

And if its scales damage it may also scales chip like sub-zero frozen aura.

Here is your proof:

Same string, different damage on hit

So according to this, even if the scaling has been 1% on the second hit, there is a possibility that the more attacks you do, the scaling will also increase as the combo gets bigger.

You just made me comeback and re-watch these videos again.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So you don't have sure. How do you came up with this bro? You have a different suspiction almost every different day, my first assumption was correct.

And if its scales damage it may also scales chip like sub-zero frozen aura.

Here is your proof:

Same string, different damage on hit

So according to this, even if the scaling has been 1% on the second hit, there is a possibility that the more attacks you do, the scaling will also increase as the combo gets bigger.

You just made me comeback and re-watch these videos again.
Lol. To be fair, its different modes of sub-zero, but if you watch in the very beginning, Kotal takes an 8% damage combo that looks to be unaffected. Cryomancer may have different damage in comparison to unbreakable due to their different movesets. Anyways kick-punch-ice still did 6% which seems about right all things considered.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Take it easy bro, he was just giving his opinion :confused:.
Lol. To be fair, its different modes of sub-zero, but if you watch in the very beginning, Kotal takes an 8% damage combo that looks to be unaffected. Cryomancer may have different damage in comparison to unbreakable due to their different movesets. Anyways kick-punch-ice still did 6% which seems about right all things considered.
Did it came out rude? I'm sorry, i didn't really meant to.

Doombawkz gives good opinions and since we don't know excactly how this MK will work, is good to be with the eyes wide open, just do not assume all, because sometimes i get the feeling we're stretching too far.

Early i though blood Kotal could freeze his read health to allow him to delay death, but i didn't publish it because it wasn't making half of sense, the only one i talked about it, was @Pterodactyl and half of my assumption and Prima wasn't even correct at all.
------------------------

On Kotal, Kick punch does 7%, i checked other videos, only when Kotal Obsidian totem was activated did 6%

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Did it came out rude? I'm sorry, i didn't really meant to.

Doombawkz gives good opinions and since we don't know excactly how this MK will work, is good to be with the eyes wide open, just do not assume all, because sometimes i get the feeling we're stretching too far.

On Kotal, Kick punch does 7%, i checked other videos, only when Kotal Obsidian totem was activated did 6%

On unbreakable, perhaps, but SZ was in cryomancer so I'm suspecting perhaps the scaling is different because he used ice blast. Retroactive scaling?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
On unbreakable, perhaps, but SZ was in cryomancer so I'm suspecting perhaps the scaling is different because he used ice blast. Retroactive scaling?
Do you want me to show you a gif of Cryonmancer Sub- Doing the 4,1 string and doing 7%? Because i have this video here on my PC of Cryomancer doing the same string he did on Kotal and counted 7%, while on kotal with obsidian activated counted 6%

Take a good look at the pic, the ice is not even used yet, so it doesn't scale anything, the part you see him preparing the ice is the only where the damage counter is very visible. It wouldn't make sense at all to have a sub with a different damage output from the rest, even ferra/torr who can do this, is only due a specific pain & gain move they had on one of their variations.

The damage is the same, Obsidian totem causes damage xcaling, i doesn't have nothing to do with different variation, it doesn't have anything to do with different characters, is the obsidian totem

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Do you want me to show you a gif of Cryonmancer Sub- Doing the 4,1 string and doing 7%? Because i have this video here on my PC of Cryomancer doing the same string he did on Kotal and counted 7%, while on kotal with obsidian activated counted 6%

Take a good look at the pic, the ice is not even used yet, so it doesn't scale anything, the part you see him preparing the ice is the only where the damage counter is very visible. It wouldn't make sense at all to have a sub with a different damage output from the rest, even ferra/torr who can do this, is only due a specific pain & gain move they had on one of their variations.

The damage is the same, Obsidian totem causes damage xcaling, i doesn't have nothing to do with different variation, it doesn't have anything to do with different characters, is the obsidian totem
Sheesh...

Fine, fine. I looked and saw something different, but whatever you say eddy. So when the totem is out then the more hits we take, the greater the effect eh...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
supposely.

I wonder then if it'll take some spice off of the multi-hitting moves on block as well. I know if they use the same system as Bane then all damage sources may be reduced. If so, then we may have a slightly better shot against Cassie in Hollywood style with her air guns.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I wonder then if it'll take some spice off of the multi-hitting moves on block as well. I know if they use the same system as Bane then all damage sources may be reduced. If so, then we may have a slightly better shot against Cassie in Hollywood style with her air guns.
Its scales the same as performing a Sub-Zero combo after an Ice ball, check this video:

00:23 - Kotal Activates Obsidian totem, Sub-Zero 4,1 string is Scaled by 1% (2 hit combos 6% damage), after the freeze, standing 4 is scaled and the total combo is 8% in the end.

01:40 - Sub does the 4,1 , 1+2 String ( at 2hits does 7% damage, total combo does 25%)

01:52: Sub frezzes Kotal then do the 4,1 string (deals 6% damage, same as when obisidian as activated).

So the Scaling of Obsidian totem is equal to taking damage from a Sub-Zero combo started from Freeze.

so lets discuss some more kotal?

i wondered how you could utilize his variations.

blood good has some counterzoning possibilites, if your opponent sits on the other side of the screen, you can just summon the defensive totem and heal yourself with sunbeam, or use it to make him move. once you get an opening, you can use your totems to regain health or do big damage.

sungod has anti-rushdown potential, with MB sungod slam (armored as seen in sajas Video) to break through the opponents offense and heal yourself from damage. im also coming up with some bullshit with the meter regain, like spending a bar on a launcher, then regain meter during the juggle and combo into xray. should be spectacular especally if youre on a damage buff.

i havent put much thought into war god, but it seems useful if you wanna go in yourself or play the footsie game.

also @Evil Eddy Wang , are you still in the kotal army?