What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 41 with King Hippo

coolwhip

Noob
I can only speak from my experience with Zod. In my opinion, Zod vs. Scorpion is 5:5 while Zod beats Deathstroke 6:4. Zod cannot punish Scorpion's MB teleport, which is great at punishing trait activation anywhere on the screen and avoiding interactable objects.

You seem to be going through another foolish phase. Deathstroke obviously loses to a character like The Flash. Deathstroke's zoning is not good enough to keep The Flash in check. If it were, the match would be even. I am not sure why that is so difficult to understand.
Hold on, how does that have anything to do with what I said? I never said DS has no losing match-ups, nor did I say he doesn't lose to The Flash. I just said he's a miles better character than Scorpion... Irrespective of how they do in a particular match-up (against Zod).

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Lol @ goldbergs wwe run,that shit was terrible.i can't even remember 1 decent match he had.i guess the one with Jericho at bad blood was ok'ish.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Also, why does he lose to Wonder Woman and Killer Frost? Do we realize that DS space control is at a point where you have to move in between low shots, down 2 and forward 3? In a game where most have to dash in or jump to start offense, this is a great couple of tools to have, and Wonder Woman, Superman, and all these chars that must honestly dash/air dash in HAVE to get around it, and it's not as simple as it appears on paper.

I don't even know if it's obvious that he loses to The Flash. Flash has to approach honestly and I'm not sold that it is as cut and dry as punishing low shots = victory. Deathstroke's gameplay has gone so un-evolved since the patch that I would wager very few are actually looking at his tools properly in all the ways they should (Down 2 would be the obvious one: its buff has done so much to change his anti air and footsie game and yet except for a few people are not looking at it in the right light)

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I swear kotr 1995 was the worst wwe/f ppv of all time.didnt the poor crowd have to hear savio Vega's theme music 7 times? Diesel &bam bam vs Sid &tatanka as the main event? Lmao!

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Regarding the stream time, it was unfortunate that pools 1-4 didnt get streamed. But in all fairness, @TenZeRo7 can attest to this, KI pool stream viewers were higher than INJ pools or even top 16 for INJ from what I remember. So its not like there is no demand for KI to be streamed.

Matix218

Get over here!
I can only speak from my experience with Zod. In my opinion, Zod vs. Scorpion is 5:5 while Zod beats Deathstroke 6:4. Zod cannot punish Scorpion's MB teleport, which is great at punishing trait activation anywhere on the screen and avoiding interactable objects.

You seem to be going through another foolish phase. Deathstroke obviously loses to a character like The Flash. Deathstroke's zoning is not good enough to keep The Flash in check. If it were, the match would be even. I am not sure why that is so difficult to understand.
So because deathstroke does worse against Zod (1 matchup) than Scorpion he is therefore a worse character than scorpion? That sounds like some FOOLish logic to me

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Hold on, how does that have anything to do with what I said? I never said DS has no losing match-ups, nor did I say he doesn't lose to The Flash. I just said he's a miles better character than Scorpion... Irrespective of how they do in a particular match-up (against Zod).
Actually, you are changing the subject. You and many other weak-minded fools have been brainwashed by the KTP into believing Deathstroke is a top 10 character.

coolwhip

Noob
Actually, you are changing the subject. You and many other weak-minded fools have been brainwashed by the KTP into believing Deathstroke is a top 10 character.
Dude, I don't care to do this again. Go read my first post. You said Deathstroke is only slightly better than Scorpion, and compared him to Cyborg and Ares. I'm just saying he's way better than those characters. Period.

Cabronium

Stream monster: Qperg.
Deathstroke's zoning is mediocre, which is why he loses some matches when he could be going even or winning (i.e., versus Aquaman, Flash, Killer Frost, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, and Zod). Other characters simply have better tools.
What about his good footies? His J3 is among the best. I mean if you just flatout zone with him then yeah its just okay but it seems to be more of anti-zoning and space control rather then just spamming guns. You just listed some pretty top characters, i don't think anyone is saying he is top 5 but he is outside of that in the top 10.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So I see Dave has gone insane again. Well the sanity vacation the past few weeks was nice but I guess all good things must end.
Fool, I supported you at SCR, even after blowing me up, and I will support you at Final Round, but this "Deathstroke is top 10" propaganda must end. Deathstroke is not top 10 just because he beats Catwoman.

What about his good footies?
Define "good". I can easily name five characters who have much better footsies than Deathstroke.

Last edited:

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I'm emo that I didn't get nominated for fool of the week last week for comparing Deathstroke to Sagat.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Still listening so maybe it is said but from what I heard you guys missed the biggest Oscar bill of all time. Marisa Tomei winning Best Supporting Actress for My Cousin Vinny.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Idk about this, Marisa Tomei has also been nominated for best supporting in 2001 and for best actress in 2008. This is not the resume of a bill
I'm saying that Oscar win was a bill. You watch that movie and tell me that she deserved a nod, let alone a win. She plays a stereotypical angry New York woman. Its a fun movie, but there is absolutely nothing special about that performance.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I'm saying that Oscar win was a bill. You watch that movie and tell me that she deserved a nod, let alone a win. She plays a stereotypical angry New York woman. Its a fun movie, but there absolutely nothing special about that performance.
I would argue this was a different time when comedies weren't taboo at the oscars and being funny when you weren't expected could win awards. Looks like a bill now, but I don't think it was.