What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 37 with Mr. Aquaman

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
This week on KTP we are joined by the mustache laden warrior @Mr Aquaman to discuss the Defend the North tournament and his top 8 placing. We get in depth on the god of war and talk about his viability in tournament. We also tackle the Aquaman trident rush debate as well as some classic MK9 talk covering his character Rain. Plus a different spin on the match prediction game that involves wild animals. Lots of game talk on this one! Enjoy episode 37 of the Kombat Tomb Podcast.

Mp3 version: http://kiwi6.com/file/xpsnu6ehn5

Special thanks to @Eric Z19 for helping design our upcoming KTP T-Shirt. Check out his Redbubble page and buy some of these awesome custom Injustice themed shirts!

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kombattomb
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kombattomb
Mp3 Archives: http://kiwi6.com/users/KombatTombPodcast2013
Older shows: http://kiwi6.com/users/KombatTombPodcast

Attachments

4x4lo8o

Noob
I'm not sure what stuff Mr Aquaman thinks he's found that the Ares community hasn't that he's holding out on. The quickstand resets and cross up godsmacks are stuff that I posted about in this thread months ago and it wasn't even new or recently discovered when I posted that. I just made videos and made the stuff easier to find for people looking for it.

The low axe resets are sorta unique to him, I guess, but they've been posted multiple times on the forums and I'm pretty sure the reason that they haven't become a standard Ares thing is that they're tech roll able and don't really provided any advantage of any of the other enders that Ares can go into a GS reset from. Also, the axe doesn't consistently hit the same number of times and launch the opponent the same height, and that fucks with your reset(if it doesn't launch them high enough the opponent can neutral jump out and full combo punish)

He's got a good claim to being the best Ares because of his tournament results, but in terms of set ups his Ares seems behind curve of what's going on in the Ares forums. His corner game in particular is just now starting to use stuff that's been posted about since evo

He also up-plays the hell out of Ares :coffee:

Polar Bear definitely beats Grizzly Bear. They're bigger and more aggressive. Grizzly Bears eat berries and rummage through peoples trash. Polar Bears fuck shit up.
Is Rhino vs Hippo on land or in water?

"I don't have time" isn't a good excuse for Tom.

I hope Wound shows up to SCR with a mustache

Last edited:

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
'Mirin Dickmode.

Edit- Best Intro ever.

Edit 2: I liked the animal part, it was hilarious seeing all your feeble minds attempt to comprehend and explain your thoughts. Props to @Mr Aquaman for dat der animal knowledge, you get Derptile animal props, the highest of any kind. @K7L33THA, you are a massive idiot, real talk.

Correct answers for Animal game

Polar Bear>>Grizzly Bear

Hyena>>Grey Wolf

Tarantula>Scorpion

Killer Whale>>>Great White shark

Jaws>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Free(literally free) willy.

Crocodile>>>>>>>King Cobra

Tiger>>>>>Cheetah

Rhino>Hippo

Last edited:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Tarantula bodies scorpion

EDIT: I have no idea why I'm enjoying all the animal versus talk.

Hippo vs Rhino

Last edited:

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
While the respective players of said communities may not have agreed with me, I always thought highly, or slightly higher than the crowd of the 'low tiers' that were buffed during the patch. Especially Joker, Lex and Ares. I just think the problem lay not on their characters, but on the fact that the 'top tiers' had just too much dirt to make 'em shine in an obvious manner, hence only having one or two players who really turned heads when the character was used. Ares is a good character (in my opinion both pre and post patch, just like Lex, and IMO Joker) and I respect him because he has resets. And not just resets...

Also Bane is fucking stupid as shit. Naysayers can leggo this eggo.

Last edited:

4x4lo8o

Noob
While the respective players of said communities may not have agreed with me, I always thought highly, or slightly higher than the crowd of the 'low tiers' that were buffed during the patch. Especially Joker, Lex and Ares. I just think the problem lay not on their characters, but on the fact that the 'top tiers' had just too much dirt to make 'em shine in an obvious manner, hence only having one or two players who really turned heads when the character was used. Ares is a good character (in my opinion both pre and post patch, just like Lex, and IMO Joker) and I respect him because he has resets. And not just resets...

Ares has the best American resets in the corner. You drop a f23 in your corner combo and just say fuck it and keep doing f23 as if you hadn't dropped the combo and the opponent will get hit by that shit every time. They don't realize you dropped the combo or forget the 3 hits overhead or think the 3 will cross up(I honestly have no idea if it actually can or ever does, but I always tell my opponent it can) or they try to wake up to blow up your dropped combo but the knock down from f2 is really weird and long so they fuck it up and maybe the forward movement of the string is reversing their wake up inputs(who knows?!). Sometimes I drop my corner combos on purpose. Sometimes I do it twice in a row

coolwhip

Noob
The Polar bear is generally considered the biggest bear on earth. Would probably take on a Grizzly.

A Hyena would destroy a wolf. I'm surprised @GGA Slips has great hyena knowledge considering he once thought he can beat up a giraffe and didn't know that kangaroos can stand on their tails and kick. Bravo sir.

Sharks are my favorite animals, but a Killer Whale would decimate a great white. In fact they are known to have eaten great whites before (there's a video on youtube about that). The Killer Whale is much bigger and they're very mobile too. Great Whites are known to avoid killer whales altogether. @GGA 16 Bit step your marine knowledge up. That's an 8-2 match-up.

A Crocodile vs. King Cobra is Kenshi vs. Jade.

Tigers are much bigger than cheetahs. Cheetahs are relatively small. In fact, they generally don't even attack humans due to their size. A tiger would maul it.

A hippo would probably beat a rhino. Rhinos are more mobile on land and can do damage with their horn, but once a hippo gets a hold of him, he's toast. He's got a huge jaw and a deadly bite force. Once he locks in, it's over. It's like a Johnny Cage F3.

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
Aquaman's stories about different players in tourneys, salty hotel room casuals, side conversations, and money matches are awesome. You guys should have gotten more dirt out of him.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Sharks are my favorite animals, but a Killer Whale would decimate a great white. In fact they are known to have eaten great whites before (there's a video on youtube about that). The Killer Whale is much bigger and they're very mobile too. Great Whites are known to avoid killer whales altogether. GGA 16 Bit step your marine knowledge up. That's an 8-2 match-up.
Bro it's hardly 8-2, more like 6.5-3.5. Your average great white is gonna be pushing 14-15 feet with the high end individuals being from 18-20 feet long, das a pretty big fish, with a pretty big mouth, and some pretty big teeth.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
'Mirin Dickmode.

Edit- Best Intro ever.

Edit 2: I liked the animal part, it was hilarious seeing all your feeble minds attempt to comprehend and explain your thoughts. Props to @Mr Aquaman for dat der animal knowledge, you get Derptile animal props, the highest of any kind. @K7L33THA, you are a massive idiot, real talk.

Polar Bear>>Grizzly Bear

Hyena>>Grey Wolf

Tarantula>Scorpion

Tiger>>>>>Cheetah

Rhino>Hippo
Wolves better than all. STFU

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm not sure what stuff Mr Aquaman thinks he's found that the Ares community hasn't that he's holding out on. The quickstand resets and cross up godsmacks are stuff that I posted about in this thread months ago and it wasn't even new or recently discovered when I posted that. I just made videos and made the stuff easier to find for people looking for it.
I have been ahead of the forums "tech" since before evo, choose not to venture there because of the political bullshit when the game first started, i use setups that i know work on the highest level players and have adapted to a very unique style of the character. You have to play with a sense of madness in order to succeed with this character. Sure i can get blown up by "that makes no sense". but it gets results. Ask my partner @Srryimwhte how long ive been using everything you posted above. It's pretty nice. I probably am the best Ares BECAUSE I up play him, I fear no character. I am confident that ares can go even with the whole cast on any given day. If i made a personal MU chart the community would be on blast. I can go on and on. Point is the ares community has been a great success on it's own, im glad i get support there but it left a sour taste in my mouth. I was not even thought about to be ares mod. I would be the most active video making article making crazy sum bitch on this site if that happened. But i digress. Just because I don't post up does not mean I am "behind". Not one person believed me that ares competes with BA well and ive been saying that day 1. Im at work ill post hella more when im home.

That intro is to good, and glad you guys enjoyed the animal battles and dirt :]

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
'Mirin Dickmode.

Edit- Best Intro ever.

Polar Bear>>Grizzly Bear

Hyena>>Grey Wolf

Tarantula>Scorpion

Tiger>>>>>Cheetah

Rhino>Hippo
How come I don't get any prop points I was right on pretty much all of them. #Collusion.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Bro it's hardly 8-2, more like 6.5-3.5. Your average great white is gonna be pushing 14-15 feet with the high end individuals being from 18-20 feet long, das a pretty big fish, with a pretty big mouth, and some pretty big teeth.
Tonic Immobility. GGs

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
How come I don't get any prop points I was right on pretty much all of them. #Collusion.
Dude, your explanation for Brown Bear vs Polar Bear was such shit, I was about to call you the idiot over K7.

Thinking that Grizzlies are bigger than Polar Bears.

Thinking that Polar bears and penguins live in the same place.

Not knowing that Polar Bears fish for whales.

And saying Polar Bears suck because they're endangered.

After hearing your first explanation on Polar Bear vs Grizzly Bear, I thought you would just make yourself look even worse considering you expected to body a giraffe from a previous episode. But somehow you manage to compose yourself and get your shit together, @K7L33THA was able to get everything basically wrong, repping that there Oklahoma education system.